I Need Some Help Quickly Please!

Time for another pupdate (sorry I didn't get round to it yesterday, spent the day looking after my Mum who fell and broke her collar bone on Sunday :rolleyes: )

When Gwen visited Ra on Sunday to give her some food (as she was not going to eat what the vets offered her) she stood up, albeit shakily, which must be a good sign. She let out a couple of good screams when she was moving around too, which, although unpleasant to witness, I think shows that she is not paralysed too badly as she can feel pain.

I just spoke to Gwen this morning and Ra was allowed home yesterday, she is walking a little (rather like a newborn foal was Gwens description :wub: ) and she seems to have bowel and bladder control (although she had a couple of peeing accidents on her bedding, probably due to the high doses of steroids she's on). She is living in a two man tent in Gwens spare room as she doesn't have a crate and Gwen has been sleeping with her...or rather not sleeping as the floor is rather hard and she doesn't have a mattress!

Continued good thoughts would be greatly appreciated :colgate

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

That is very encouraging news about Ra. When Hobbes had neurological problems, the steroids worked very well to help him regain the use of his back legs. There was some urinary incontinence in the beginning but that eventually became less and less. We'll all continue to send good wishes to Gwen & Ra - and I hope your mum is feeling better as well. A broken collar bone can be very painful.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Adding my well wishes for Ra, poor baby, hoping the steroids help and she is on her way to recovery.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Quick pupdate....Gwen stopped by my house on her way out to walk the other puppers this morning, Ra is doing quite well, was very depressed yesterday, but has picked up a bit today, she whined to be taken out for a poop yesterday, so that's good. Still rather wobbly on her back end, but it's early days.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT