Blood Pressure Emergency

Guest greytbuds

Guest greytbuds

Had to take Beau to the E-vet yesterday afternoon -- he may have gotten into some bladder control meds, but we can't be certain. Basically his blood pressure skyrocketed and his temperature started to climb during the night. Poison control has advised the e-vet to put him under until they think the meds have flushed out - potentially 12/24 hours.

Had a similar episode last September with an elevated temperature. So we are not 100% sure he got the meds and this may be the same thing that happened last time -- never got that diagnosed.

My concern is what side effects he will have being under that long and if it's not the meds we are looking at a long sedation only to bring him out and have no resolution.

Any similar experiences any of you have had w/lenghty sedations for medical issues would be a big help. Plan to be in touch with my adoption folks soon to get some direction.

Many thanks,

Greatbuds to Beau

Guest greytbuds

Unfortunately Beau did not make it through the anesthesia to control his blood pressure. I lost him about 9:00 this mornng. Way too soon and leaving a huge hole in my heart.

Greytbuds to Beau

Godspeed Sweet Angel...My deepest sympathy and prayers. Know that Beau is running with our Angels fast and free where he will watch over you until you meet again. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:f_red

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm very sorry for your sudden loss. :cry1 Godspeed, precious Beau... :gh_run Send your momma a sign soon. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest MAXNAV

I am so sorry for your loss.

My friend's greys got into their thyroid meds (one of her dogs would eat anything). She called poison control who told her what signs to look for. They didn't tell her to go to the ER. Big mistake, I think. She called me and asked what she should do, and I told her to go to the ER immediately, and take both dogs to be checked. Luckily she did. Her male was the culprit, and his heart was starting to race when she got him there. Thank goodness they were able to help him.

How tragic! I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly with the angels, Beau.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson