The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 50 and misting out, but I decided we were going anyway. So loaded the dogs in my car and off to White Sand Beach we went. Finally found the small patch of white sand! You can only see it during low tide.

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

The white sand!

IMG_4034.jpg

It's a little cold...

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

Car anybody??

IMG_4062.jpg

Wow, that house has gone from Hillbilly Bob's Redneck Roach Motel to something out of an LL Bean catalog.

Awesome!

ETA: If it wasn't for the town of Kodiak, Kodiak would be a beautiful place to live. Those pics are amazing. Although... is that a riding lawnmower chassis that's washed ashore?

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

You've done an awesome job getting the house together. It's beautiful. If I hadn't seen the before pictures I wouldn't have believed it was the same house! I'd definitely send the owner the new pictures for comparison. He should thank his lucky stars he has you and Jeff living there.

The beach pictures are beautiful. It looks like they're really enjoying the chance to get out and play.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

is that a riding lawnmower chassis that's washed ashore?

No, actual car chassis

Well, it is Kodiak after all. With such terrible roads, will your car look like this at the end of two years? :lol

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest savvyprchick

I was checking out NW Jobs and found a PR job (my profession) in Kodiak. The description includes: "Are you a Public Relations or Communications professional seeking the adventure of a lifetime? Join the team at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, a 25-bed acute care hospital located in breathtaking Kodiak, Alaska, as the new Communications and Public Relations Coordinator!"

I wonder what "breathtaking" means... the "This is Kodiak" philosophy will take your breath away?

Guest IrskasMom

What is the Project for today ..... a Flowerbed ???? Are there any Flowers growing or just hardy Evergreens and

Shrubs ??

Wow, "GREAT" pictures of the babies on the beach. It is soo Pretty there, except for the car! :lol

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I was checking out NW Jobs and found a PR job (my profession) in Kodiak. The description includes: "Are you a Public Relations or Communications professional seeking the adventure of a lifetime? Join the team at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, a 25-bed acute care hospital located in breathtaking Kodiak, Alaska, as the new Communications and Public Relations Coordinator!"

I wonder what "breathtaking" means... the "This is Kodiak" philosophy will take your breath away?

So when are you applying? Trudy could use some GH-friendly company up there, I'm sure! :lol It could be "Greytalk Northwest" or something like that....

You've already got the "Communications" part down: "This is Kodiak". :blink:

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

What is the Project for today ..... a Flowerbed ???? Are there any Flowers growing or just hardy Evergreens and

Shrubs ??

No, that was 3 hours of removing the existing raised bed, moving the special "dirt" to other existing beds and other places and then creating a level area a bit larger than 8x10 to get ready for a shed. The next few days are forecasted for rain, so that will pack down what is there, and then I'll bring in some crushed rock and level that out and I'll have the base ready for the shed when it shows up.

Guest WhenIGiveIn

Wow that place looks amazing for any house but to think of the before its just unbelievable! Congrats on all your getting acomplished!!

Guest IrskasMom

Trudy ... I am so impressed . You are making the BEST out of a bad ( not really ) Situation . With Jeff beeing gone and

you are all alone ( no Family and Friends around) and keeping busy . You are amazing . This 2 Doggies keeping you greyt

Company .

It's the little things that make you burst out laughing while driving.

I had to run down to the base this morning and on the way back there is a tiny little jet at the airport....

with a FedEx truck backed up to the side of it - they were loading up the truck for delivery :lol

Totally not the way it works at most airports :lol :lol

Maybe you've already posted an update on this long ago, but how is Ryan's health? He looks like he's frolicking pretty well on that beach? Did they ever figure out what was wrong with him, or did it clear up on it's own?

Still don't know what it is that he has - we now just treat symptoms as they appear and have given up on trying to figure out the cause. All the vets that worked with us are surprised (and very happy) he's still around.

He's not better, but not getting any worse. He has bad days still where you look at him and know he's not right and other days you see a small glimpse of the pre sick boy.

Moving quickly is not on his normal day to day list of things... unless he really really has to pee.

We were at the beach for an hour or so. Jet was running around, playing, being her normal crazy self.

Ryan was right by my side for about 58 minutes of the hour we were there. Jet came flying out of the water and started running circles around us and I backed away (she was flinging mud everywhere) and Ryan was left in the middle and became the target. She got him to play for about 90 seconds before he was right back at my side again.

Since he got sick, he drinks like there is no tomorrow. He already drank quite a bit from his seizure meds, but he started drinking gallons of water when he got sick.

I am door woman - I have to let him out at least once an hour during the day. Water comes up around 7 at night so he usually makes it through the night.

But if you put down a full bowl of water, he will empty it in 5 minutes and then be looking for more.

So I've started just putting small amts of water in the bowl at a time and doing that many times a day.

Going back to work out of the house should be interesting, but for all our sanity, I need to do that soon :lol

Going back to work out of the house should be interesting, but for all our sanity, I need to do that soon :lol

Given that 'this is Kodiak' what kind of work do you think you might find?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Given that 'this is Kodiak' what kind of work do you think you might find?

I hear that there's an opening for a PR rep.... :P

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Community Standards Officer.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.