Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest missecho
I'm in NW Tucson.

Also have excellent place for the Sahuarita area. The Lazy Grey Ranch. It's where our kids stay when we can't travel with them :)

ETA: I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked). :)

Could I get your email address? I live in Tucson and would like to visit with you about greysitting Molly, my 5 year old female greyhound.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can sit up to two greys depending on if I have a foster at the time and I can do other breeds. I have a four year old of my own who loves to have friends over. I also have no cats so they do not have to be cat safe. I live in Coweta, Ok which is about a 15 minute drive south of Tulsa. During the summer I'm home all day almost everyday. I can have references if neede. You can email me at cailysmom@cox.net or call at 918-637-0075

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Houndstown

Gastonia, NC...just outside of Charlotte

We can keep pretty much any number of greys.

704-913-0175

houndstown@yahoo.com

Guest greyhound9797

I am a professional pet sitter in Pasco County Florida. I do pet sitting in your home as Piper is not large dog friendly. I will offer a 10% discount if you mention that you found me on greytalk.com. My website is www.piperspetsittingservice.com.

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...
Guest summernights

I'm looking for a sitter or a boarding recommendation in the Beaverton/Portland, Oregon metro area for the second week in November (11/6-11/16) for my cat-safe 9 year old grey girl Gem. Not having much luck so far! Thanks :)

Guest SwitzlerRoxcee

We are in the Cleveland, Ohio area and would be happy to exchange sitting with another one hound family. We have no cats and our yard is not fenced, but we are near the Metroparks and have access to fenced yards for running.

Guess I better work on the oversize photo. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest monica

In the St Louis Mo area contact

MaryAnn Moore at ghdhtl@gmail.com

Mary Ann is in the pet sitting business and is a greyhound galgo owner. She will take in greyts for a considerable time span.

Guest CROWBIRD

I am a pet sitter. Please view my web site www.affordablepetsitting.net. We Have 4 greyhounds & 4 non greyhounds.

Edited by CROWBIRD

Guest RockyRocksMom

I am in Western Massachusetts, and I will pet sit for greyhounds in my home depending on how many fosters I have at the time.

I am home almost all the time, I have room for 15 pups and presently have 10 of my own.

I can be reach via email @ ckodagirl@aol.com or by calling 413 253-4894, please leave a message, I do not answer the phone when I am busy with the dogs.

• 1 month later...
Guest GreyFan09

Does anyone know of anyplace or anyone that watches Greyhounds in the South Chicagoland area? We are going to Las Vegas for a few days in January and will need a good place to board our boy Comet.

Thanks!

Guest NewGreyOwner
Does anyone know of anyplace or anyone that watches Greyhounds in the South Chicagoland area? We are going to Las Vegas for a few days in January and will need a good place to board our boy Comet.

Thanks!

We're in the Joliet area and use a place we love called Critter Central that's billed as a greyhound bed & breakfast. Diane Swanson Wahl is the owner, and she's terrific. She's located in LaGrange on Willow Springs Road (not really south Chicagoland, but she's terrific and has a great set-up at her house - large kennels in her garage and huge fenced yard. She can be reached at crittercentral99@yahoo.com. She's kept our grey, Connor, several times now; we're EXTREMELY happy to have found her!

We are in the Cleveland, Ohio area and would be happy to exchange sitting with another one hound family. We have no cats and our yard is not fenced, but we are near the Metroparks and have access to fenced yards for running.

Guess I better work on the oversize photo. LOL.

we are in cleveland too..an eastern suburb. Are u east or wes side? maybe our dogs can meet. we have one grey and a huge fenced in yard

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest GreyFan09

Thanks!

We're in the Joliet area and use a place we love called Critter Central that's billed as a greyhound bed & breakfast. Diane Swanson Wahl is the owner, and she's terrific. She's located in LaGrange on Willow Springs Road (not really south Chicagoland, but she's terrific and has a great set-up at her house - large kennels in her garage and huge fenced yard. She can be reached at crittercentral99@yahoo.com. She's kept our grey, Connor, several times now; we're EXTREMELY happy to have found her!

Awesome! Thanks for the information!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any greysitters in the Houston area? My husband and I are flying out of Houston. 11/12/09-11/16/09. I have 3 greys but my 2 boys can stay at the bed and biscuit. I am looking for someone who could watch my little girl. She is 7 and was recently diagnosed with SLO which is under control but b/c of it her vet does not want to vaccinate now and put her immune system into overdrive. Her vaccines were due on Oct 19, 2009 and are considered overdue. Her normal boarding facilty will not accept her. My vet said she could stay at the clinic but all they have are metal cages and I can't do that to her. If anyone grey sits or knows of any greysitters in the Houston area please let me know.

Guest koko9281

I'm in the Boston area.

I'm currently a dog walker. I have one grey. Fully fenced in yard and an extra crate.

Please call 617-697-0060 for more info on daily walks or boarding. :)

fatcatskinnydog@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest greyvettech

We are planning a trip to Illinois and are in need of a grey sitter. Our usual sitters are out of town as well (I already posted about this but thought maybe this would be a better place.) I didn't see any sitters for the central Florida area. Does anyone know what's up with greysitters website? It would not let me register..maybe it's not used anymore? Anyhow, we need a sitter for December 17th thru December 21st... Thanks ahead of time for any help.... :)

Guest bonscoby

Looking for a sitter for Free to Run (greyhound) for early March,2010. We are looking to take a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale ( unless a better cruise deal comes up from the Miami port). My guess is that we will be leaving March 3 or 4th. Anyone available? I don't know if she is cat friendly, but she is very gentle.

Fair warning....She does love to steal husbands. (of the human kind)

Hi,

I live in Grand Rapids MI and I need to find someone to dog sit my greyhound from Dec 22- Jan 8. I'm traveling overseas. Please IM me is you know anyone that can help. I am also available to dog sit when I'm in town if anyone needs help with dog sitting.

I'm in Madison, WI and am available to hound sit. We lost our Grey to OS last month :(

We have 2 non-grey dogs (large) that get along well with other hounds (with proper introduction). We also have an indoor only cat.

Fenced in back yard, and I work from home, so I'm pretty much always here.

We'd be happy to have a grey around when needed. PM me if we can help!!

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown

Guest craigrpierce

There is www.greysitting.com and people can join to see grey sitters in their area.

Hello,

I noticed your post and location from last year, and we find ourselves in a tricky spot for a houndsitter next week (Dec 19 - 27). Curious if you know of anyone in central or northern Illinois I could contact?

Here's a little more info:

Honey is a 5 year old sweetheart of a greyhound. Terrific house manners, loves kids, walks and romps in the yard, She's small animal friendly, doesn't mind stairs and enjoys the companionship of other hounds. I've written a children's books about greyhounds, and Honey travels with me to schools around Illinois. The family that was going to watch Honey had an unexpected family situation. We're hoping to find a great greyhound home for Honey during the holiday week. In exchange, we'd happily pay whatever rate the sitter requests and make a $100 donation to the person's greyhound rescue group of choice.

I'm going to post on Greyhound Talk and try greysitting.com again (it's not allowing registrations right now). Thought I'd check with someone in our neck of the woods too. Many thanks!

Craig Pierce

815-757-5042

craigrpierce@gmail.com

cpierce@ideate-prairie.com

Guest craigrpierce

I'm in Madison, WI and am available to hound sit. We lost our Grey to OS last month :(

We have 2 non-grey dogs (large) that get along well with other hounds (with proper introduction). We also have an indoor only cat.

Fenced in back yard, and I work from home, so I'm pretty much always here.

We'd be happy to have a grey around when needed. PM me if we can help!!

Guest craigrpierce

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your greyhound loss. It's a terrible feeling, and I hope you're doing okay. If you're in need of a greyhound fix, we have a lovely greyhound in need of dogsitting. Our regular sitter's plans changed unexpectedly, and we're traveling Dec 19-27. I live near Rockford and would be happy to introduce Honey to your other dogs. My apologies for the last minute nature of this request.

Here are a few quick insights about Honey: She's a 5 year old sweetheart of a hound. Friendly with kids, good on stairs, terrific house manners. I've written a children's book about greyhounds, so she travels with me to schools (mostly here in Illinois) and is a remarkable spokesdog for greyhound adoption.

If you happen to have some greyhound sitting availability, here's my contact info:

Craig Pierce

815 757 5042

craigrpierce@gmail.com

Many thanks for the consideration! All the best.

--Craig

There is www.greysitting.com and people can join to see grey sitters in their area.

I need a sitter for Phoenix and Treasure; approximate dates are Feb 11-22, 2010, though I may lengthen my trip by a couple of days. I live in Kitchener, Ontario and would be willing to pay of course, plus Chile has some pretty cool souvenirs :). Both hounds are small dog, cat, and kid safe, housebroken and pretty well behaved. Treasure is muzzled when I'm not home as she's still feeling her way around what is supposed to be good to eat.

i forwarded this link to redlady to make sure she sees it :).

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your greyhound loss. It's a terrible feeling, and I hope you're doing okay. If you're in need of a greyhound fix, we have a lovely greyhound in need of dogsitting. Our regular sitter's plans changed unexpectedly, and we're traveling Dec 19-27. I live near Rockford and would be happy to introduce Honey to your other dogs. My apologies for the last minute nature of this request.

Here are a few quick insights about Honey: She's a 5 year old sweetheart of a hound. Friendly with kids, good on stairs, terrific house manners. I've written a children's book about greyhounds, so she travels with me to schools (mostly here in Illinois) and is a remarkable spokesdog for greyhound adoption.

If you happen to have some greyhound sitting availability, here's my contact info:

Craig Pierce

815 757 5042

craigrpierce@gmail.com

Many thanks for the consideration! All the best.

--Craig

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thanks Robin :) You rock!

Craig - I'll contact you. Hopefully we can help out!!

K-

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown