Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest jupiterooos

Adding another possibility for those of us in Chicago and environs.

Midwest Greyhound Adoption offers houndsitting at $10 a night per dog, with the money going to support MGA. The way it works is that people volunteer to watch other's hounds to receive credit toward dogsitting. For short-notice trips, they also work with a nice kennel - my dogs LOVE it there and come home wiped out but happy. Go here to get started.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to join Greysitting.com and keep getting an error message.

Same here.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

• 1 month later...
Guest jettcricket

I live in So. Jersey and have 3 greyhounds and 3 kitties. I charge $25.00 a day and will give a discount for more than one hound. I have a fully secured 6-foot fenced in yard and weather permitting they will get walked in our local park once a day.

I only ask that you bring their food...I will provide treats and love.

If interested, you can PM me. :)

Edited by jettcricket

I am looking for a petsitter near Portland Oregon where I could leave Ruby for a rare weekend away. She is a very well behaved girl who doesn't bother a thing, doesn't bark, sleeps all night and pretty much just lays around all day. She sleeps in a crate at night. I see that Gracegirl lives in Beaverton. Maybe you are still available ? We were told she is not cat safe but she pays no attention to the neighborhood chihuahua. Please email me if you can help. skykaren1219@yahoo.com

Karen

Guest crowbird

Folks,

If you are like many of us who want…or have to travel without your GH during certain times of the year, and just cannot stand the thought of your precious being coup up in a kennel, but would prefer a nice GH friendly home, where you know your precious will maintain their pedestal lifestyle even though you are not with them, ……then, how about we start a posting here for willing GH sitters in a centralized location?

If interested, please list your location of city and state, along with your email address. I like the posting of dog parks, and go back to it quite often for reference. I would hope that this will help those of us looking for sitters.

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

DarkHorse - Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Apartment sitting with four walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

USA

ARIZONA

BlackandBrindle - NW Tucson

I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked).

Nursenearlyther - Gilbert, AZ

I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

CALIFORNIA

Tricolorhounds - Fallbrook, CA

We have a security fenced yard and one in-door cat.

GEORGIA

LOUISIANA

Andromeda - Shreveport Louisiana

I have three greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

MICHIGAN

DaffyToons – Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have no small, furry creatures; but I do have birds (from large to small) who stay safely in their cages when I have greyhound "company". I have a huge, fenced-in yard (almost 2 acres); and the gates are all padlocked.

I would love to take care of your grey(s) while you are away! PM me for my email address.

NEW JERSEY

BasilMom- Toms River,N.J.

I have two greyhounds of my own. Feel free to contact me for rates and info.

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

I can board single greys, crated or not

OREGON

gracegirl - Beaverton, OR

I live in a townhouse so I could sit for one or two quiet and calm hounds. I have no kitties so non-cat safe is fine by us!

PENNSYLVANIA

D_MansMommy - I'm in PA about an hour north of Philadelphia

I only work part time (about four hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

My door is always open to new grey friends. I do, however, have two kitties.

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

I would be willing to sit for one or two greys

WASHINGTON

Annepres - Mill Creek, WA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vintiesheppie

Hey folks! I need help with a sitter for my Dazzle! Daz McFraz is a gentle, cat safe and small dog safe greyhound who would rather cuddle you and give you big googly eyes than anything else.

Walks like an angel on the leash and loves the walks.

We're going on Vacation from LEXINGTON, KY to ATLANTA, GA on MARCH 17th-MARCH 21st 2011.

Willing to drop off and pick up if along the 75!

email me at aliciarlyle@gmail.com

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! As a suggestion to folks looking for sitters...please message or email the people on this list directly. Many of us don't come back here to check for people needing our services, so the best way to reach us is by message or email.

That said, I need to update my info. I no longer live in Oregon, but live in Denver, Colorado. I have two greyhounds (no other animals) and have a small fenced yard as well. I do have a roommate who loves greys, but since she owns the house she needs to know of all greys who might potentially stay with us as well. Please PM me for details, rates, etc.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Wednesday712

Columbia, South Carolina

mcgrawmc@bellsouth.net

We do not have cats or small dogs, so no need to worry about that issue.

Edited by Wednesday712

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest keely

Hi folks! I'm available for greyhound (or other breeds) sitting during the summer and during school vacations. I have one female greyhound who is very laid back. I am located in Enfield, CT, which is located in north-central CT on the Massachusetts border. I ask only that your dogs are up-to-date on their shots (for the protection of our greyhound) and that you provide the food since it may not be the same as we provide Rush and it may not agree with your furbaby's/furbabies' belly. I will provide treats, walks, and PLENTY of love!!! Animal parents can feel free to contact me anytime for regular updates! Leave an email and/or cell phone number and I'll gladly provide pictures of your baby/babies who I'm sure you miss desperately!

I am an Animal Science major at the University of Connecticut so I have experience with working will animals with all types of personalities. In addition, I know animal first aid and the signs and symptoms of various health issues. On a related note, I do ask for the name and number of the animal's (s') vet in case of an emergency. Should the vet be too far to reach in case of an emergency, I ask for a signed release (which will be provided to you) to allow me to bring the animal to VCA Hospital in South Windsor. They are Rush's vet team and are fabulous. If you would prefer another local vet to be used in place, that is accommodated.

Please feel to contact me at keelyoue@gmail.com for more information and references.

Guest Gweneth06

Does anyone know of any greyhound sitters in the Lincoln, Nebraska area?? I have friends that are moving there within the next month and will be in the need of a good greyhound sitter. I was their greyhound sitter here in PA...their grey was a former foster of mine :) Any info is greatly appreciated!! Thank you :colgate

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EasyPeasy

Hello!

We have a 2-year-old brindle and will be moving to Worcester, Massachusetts in a week. We were hoping to meet some greyt folks in the area that would be willing to watch our boy during our first week at the new place and maybe occasionally other times when we're gone.

Easy is all dogs friendly but unsure about cats. He will try to lick any child to death, so be aware!

We're new to the area, so any info or suggestions would be great!

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbrindlebunny

Anyone know of a Greyhound sitter in the DC Metro area? My Pete is a gentleman, good with all sizes of dogs, and when bunnies run out in front of him he barely notices. But if it's a cat...

We need to try and board him for a few days around 9/11. DBF's Mom isn't doing terrif and we really need to go spend a little time with her. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chillychill1207

PENNSYLVANIA---

I Greysit! I have 2 greys myself.and I do have cats so must be cat tolerant. /OR I can also separate cats for short trips only.

I live near Exton Pa. Right off the Pa Turnpike/downingtown route 100 exit.

www.purfectpetcare.com

484-213-1343

Guest indigojen

Hi,

Just moved to the Savannah, GA area (specifically to Tybee Island). Does anyone know of any greysitters in my area. Have two greys, one is 6 and one is almost 12. Not looking to go on any long trips, just a few overnight trips right now.

Thank you!

Jen

Guest court448211

Hello

I live in the Columbus, Ohio area. I have a greyhound and a beagle. I also do fostering for a local greyhound rescue. I would love to be added to the list. I do a lot of pet sitting for adopters and friends. I am also a vet tech so there are clients that I have pet sat from there.

Thanks

Courtney

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lola06

Hi! We live in Dayton Ohio. I would really like to find a Greyhound sitter that is somewhat close by. We are in need of a sitter: Sept 2-5, Sept 23-26 and Dec 16-21. I have a 5 yr old female and a 4 yr old male. The female is dominant....of course ;) She has a strong food drive and has to eat alone. She also doesn't like to share her bed with anyone. They are not distructive, house trained and very sweet. Thanks, Jamie

I live in central Virginia (Prince Edward County) and have one female GH. She's a bit of a breed-snob, so I can only take other greyhounds. Please contact me at schultz.lc@gmail.com to check for availability!

Is there anyone in Central VA or the Charlottesville area who would be able to take my girl Sept. 9-12? I have reservations at a kennel, but know she'd be happier with other hounds.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest embarkguru

The Bunny Hutch - We are located in Sand Springs OK, just west of Tulsa OK. We have two GH girls, two of those small human girls, and no cats. We have one acre that is open for running and another acre that is still wooded for investigating. All property is fenced in by a five foot fence and gated. We have two large crates if needed. Contact us at embarkguru@me.com. Chris and Lesa Nelson