Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest snoopycomehome

I live in the East Valley area of Phoenix and will be available from 12/17/11 to 1/18/12 for holiday sitting. :xmas

We have a dog door and large yard available. Must be housetrained and cat safe. We have two 4yo greys and walk 1-2 times per day.

I am easiest to reach by email: rncantsleep@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest trevdog

If anyone is in Pinellas County, FL, I have an execellent sitter that will stay in your home while you are gone. My 3 adore her and she's also a vet tech and owns horses. Very reasonable rates too!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest treclee

hello, i'm in central NJ (Hopewell to be exact) looking for a greyhound experienced pet sitter for my very sweet and cat-friendly guy, Cane. We're taking a day trip on Saturday, 3/24/12, and will be unable to bring him along. he can come to you (preferable), or he could just be checked on/walked a few times. he cannot be crated.

please message me here or at tracyd at gmail.com

we prefer not to travel further than 30-40 mins for drop-off or pick-up.

thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Celestrina

Is there anyone in the Bucks County/Montgomery County PA area? There is someone listed here but I was unable to contact them.

Guest evadottir

Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Apartment sitting with 4 walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

Wondering how I contact you about this.... You can email me from my profile page (member name "evadottir"). Thanks.

Guest OurGreytLife

GreytCare Pet Sitting (Detroit suburb, Michigan)

I have 3 cats, an elder lab mix and a greyhound. Your dog(s) don't have to stay in a loud, cold cement kennel when they can stay with us!

I can provide your dog(s) with their own room with a off the floor bed, a doggie pool in the summer and daily walks. Secure fenced in yard.

I'm currently not working so I am at home all day. My dog experience includes being a retired dog trainer and worked as a veterinary receptionist for the past 15 years. References available.

I can be reached at Iamadogmom@comcast.net

Guest evadottir

I've been noticing that some places (eg. Edmonton AB, Atlanta GA) have a greysitting co-op, so that greyhound owners can exchange greysitting services. It seems like a really great idea. Does anybody know if there is such a thing operating within Central or South Western Ontario (Canada)? I live in Guelph and have one, well behaved, cat friendly greyhound, a 7 year old female. I take 5-7 weeks of holiday annually and I would love to have a small network (maybe just two or three others) of trusted, grey-experienced people living locally whom I could approach when the need for greysitting arises. In the co-op approach, you earn dogsitting credits by sitting for other people's dogs -- something I would be open to doing during any of the 45-47 weeks of the year when I not away on holiday myself. Ideally I would find a couple of other greyhound owners who take a similar amount of holidays to me, so that the exchange is fair, and with similar kinds of dogs to mine (I could accommodate max. 2 in addition to my own, and they should have a calm temperament and good house manners, and be cat friendly). The nature of my work is flexible, so I would not be leaving the dogs alone for any great length of time. My backyard is fully fenced, and although my girl has ceased to use her crate, I still have it if needed for a guest. My home is child-free and smoke free. I've noticed one other Guelph-based member on this forum, several in Kitchener-Waterloo, one in Paris, one in Durham, one in Brampton, several in Toronto....any of those would be an acceptable drive if it was a good match. As a newbie, it's very difficult to contact people through Greytalk; I guess the PM feature isn't unlocked until you have 50 posts. ...So I'm going to put my name, phone number and email out there. Please contact me if you know of an existing co-op in this area, or are interested in entering that kind of arrangement with me.

Karla

kwubbenhorst@yahoo.ca

519 763 9215 (Guelph number)

I am thinking about taking a much-needed vacation for about 10 days, likely in May but no plans have been made yet. I first want to see if it's even possible to plan a vacation and the number one priority is finding someone to watch my dogs in their home. I have a pet sitter, but with the length of time I will be away I would prefer to have the dogs go elsewhere and the petsitter come to the house just to take care of the cat. So, I am looking for one place with a fenced yard where Nola the borzoi-saluki can go to, and another home where Harkan the Italian greyhound can go.

Nola is 8 years old, low maintenance, loves everyone and everything, she goes with the flow.

Harkan is 10 years old, and the complete oppostite of Nola. He was neglected & abused the first year of his life (before coming to live with me), he has conquered his SA issues but is still very much a momma's boy and hates change. Also, mentally there is something not quite right with him. He can never, ever, ever, EVER, be trusted off leash - even in a fenced yard. He has a long leash that enables him to run around the yard to get his energy out, and he needs at least one walk a day. He is crate trained and is to stay in the crate when no one is home or when he otherwise can't be supervised. At night, he burrows under a blanket on the bed and does not stir until morning.

So, if anyone in the Wilmington, Delaware area is willing to take one or the other I would be most appreciative and will provide more information about them. At this point I just need to know there is a place for them to go to (separately or together) and I will work out my travel date around your schedule.

Thanks,

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ashphobiax

Greyt days

Reading, pa

I have not used them, I was sitting a fast food resturant with a friend an saw the car pull up through the drive thru so I quickly snapped a picture cause I've always been worried about not having someone to watch glider if need be.

• 1 month later...

I did not see anyone in Southern Maine so thought I would try posting here first. Looking for someone to possibly look after Shelby for a few days. We are looking to take a trip up to New Brunswick and she does not do well on car trips. She is very easy to take care of and recently turned 13. Always likes to stay inside except to do her business. She is fine with other dogs and is not interested in cats or any other animals. She only has to take Gabapentin for her back daily and eats almost anything as long as it's soft (she has few teeth left). We have no specific dates yet but it will be July or August.

Tks.

Kyle

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket

Hey Sarah....I'm available as well. I live in So. Jersey in Ocean County. I'm starting up my own petsitting service. Just got bonded and insured and my rates are reasonable with plenty of references. :)

South Central Pennsylvania, between Gettysburg and Harrisburg, just of route 15.

No cats, small dogs or young children around.

Have a group of 4 sighthounds in the age of 1 to 13.

Dogs that fit in to the group are welcome.

Non-greys, if not too small and fit into the group are welcome also.

For more info, please PM me here on GT

Guest Bianca_n_Kebin

Hi

My family and I are looking for a sitter for our 2 greyhounds brother and sister for August 4th drop off and pick up August 11th at night or 12th in morning depending on when we get in. They both are small dog safe, we have a chihuahua. If you could also watch our chihuahua that would be great if you do not have a small pet safe dog no problem we can have a family member watch him. Located on Long Island, NY Nassau/Suffulk border wiling to travel about 30 minutes if we can find someone either direction. You can reply on this or you can email me at nicole@paperpalace.com with your info and rates. Thanks for your time! Also would be willing to barter for sitting your greyhound/greyhounds if you will be going away this summer and we are available.

Nicole

Edited by Bianca_n_Kebin

Guest EvanstonGrey

QUOTE(GreyFan09 @ Oct 13 2009, 12:09 AM) 4249803[/snapback]

Does anyone know of anyplace or anyone that watches Greyhounds in the South Chicagoland area? We are going to Las Vegas for a few days in January and will need a good place to board our boy Comet.

Thanks!

We're in the Joliet area and use a place we love called Critter Central that's billed as a greyhound bed & breakfast. Diane Swanson Wahl is the owner, and she's terrific. She's located in LaGrange on Willow Springs Road (not really south Chicagoland, but she's terrific and has a great set-up at her house - large kennels in her garage and huge fenced yard. She can be reached at crittercentral99@yahoo.com. She's kept our grey, Connor, several times now; we're EXTREMELY happy to have found her!

Want to second this! Diane is WONDERFUL and has watched our little girl twice now, we couldn't be happier to have found her. Relatively easy to get there from both Midway and O'Hare, too!

Guest Greylovers

Does anyone know anyone in RI or close by RI who greysits? We are moving there in August and I would like to know some grey savvy people ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

I am opening my doors to babysitting after a long hiatus. I'm in the central NJ area.

Contact me for rates and availability.

I have three greyhound girls of my own. If you don't have enough posts to PM me you can contact me at mppwith 4 at yahoo dot com.

remover all spaces and change the 'at' and 'dot' to the symbols.

Edited by MP_the4pack

Guest BasilMom

I am a Greysitter in the southern New Jersey area. Feel free to contact me at Nettie409@aol.com for rates and information. I have ten years of experience and a Grey friendly home. I am home all day for sitting services.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tellybelly

Hi! We are looking for some help with finding a possible greysitter for our 7 year old girl, Telly. We will be travelling out of state at the end of September. We've had Telly for 2 years now and she has never been kennelled before so we're a little concerned about doing that for our first time away from her.

She is super easy going, mellow and spends most of her day relaxing on any soft spot she can find along with enjoying her daily walks and the occasional stuffy! She is cat and small dog friendly....she shares her roost with 3 Iggies. :)

We're located in Vero Beach, FL and are more than willing to go a reasonable distance knowing she will be comfortable and safe. We are closest to the Melbourne area or Ft.Pierce (about 30 mins away in either direction) but would also consider Orlando as we are flying in and out of there.

We would be interested in finding out if there are any greysitters in this area that you might know of or if you greysit yourself I would love to get in touch with you and discuss rates, dates etc.

Thank you so much!

Joy and Telly

Guest snowmo18

I am looking for a dog sitter in Maryland (Bel Air, Fallston, Abingdon, White Marsh, Cockeysville areas). Right now we have 2 sitters but they can only take 1 dog each..I would prefer that they stay together. Just would like to add someone to our list of contacts that I can call to see if your available to watch our greyhounds (1 girl and 1 boy) Both are cat friendly, kid friendly, and other dog friendly. I request that you have a fenced in yard as our boy tends to be a little unruly on the leash. We dont usually travel often, but when we do its for about a week at a time. Next vacation is over the Christmas holiday 22-27th December. Willing to pay and/or watch your houndies when need be :)

Thanks!

Morgan