Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest bonscoby

Please feel free to contact me for greyhound boarding. We are around during the spring/summer months in CT and winter months in Sarasota, FL. This year we will be closing on our Sarasota home sometime in June/July, so we will be in Sarasota then (and unavailable for sitting).

Our CT home is one hour from NYC in Fairfield County. We have a fenced in backyard and free run of the house. If you provide food, we will watch your dog for $20/day. Two dogs would be $25/day.

I would love to exchange services with someone so that we sit for your dogs and you sit for our dog.

email: bonwolk@gmail.com

Edited by bonscoby

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drumhellergrey

If you are ever up in Drumheller Alberta Canada, and need a place to keep your greys out of the summer heat, I'd be more than willing to take care of your hound, or hounds. I am a responsible guy, living with my wife, no kids, and no other pets besides my Greyhound-cross Ted. Your rules would apply ALWAYS. Dog pool,fenced yard, AC'd home and lots of shade and care would be provided.

PM me here on GT for my e-mail if you would like further info. :)

Edited by Drumhellergrey

Guest NoGreytrLuv

Is there anyone able to board 2 cat-safe, child tolerant pups for 2 nights between Baltimore, MD and Williamsburg, VA? The dates would be 8/24/10 to 8/26/10. It is my 40th birthday and I would like to go on a mini-vacation, if I can find a loving temp-home for my babies.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cuffel

This list is great, but how do we contact someone? Some gave their site names, but no contact information. Is their a way to find out e-mails?

Alex

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

This list is great, but how do we contact someone? Some gave their site names, but no contact information. Is their a way to find out e-mails?

Alex

Normally you would just send someone a message, but you cannot send a message or receive one until you have 50 posts. So you would have to ask someone to post their email, or post yours and ask to be contacted.

Is there anyone able to board 2 cat-safe, child tolerant pups for 2 nights between Baltimore, MD and Williamsburg, VA? The dates would be 8/24/10 to 8/26/10. It is my 40th birthday and I would like to go on a mini-vacation, if I can find a loving temp-home for my babies.

I board greyhounds in my home and live in Laurel, MD about 20-30 min south of Baltimore right off of the highway. I have greys of my own, as well as a cat. I run the foster program for my rescue, am on the board of directors, and have fostered over 50 dogs plus boarded many others. I use only positive training methods. I've got all of the supplies, would just need you to bring any meds and food. Dogs get walked daily for 45-60 minutes (no yard) and plenty of love. I charge $25/night. I don't have my calendar in front of me, but if you're interested PM me and I'll check and can give you more info about myself too.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest EmilyandSioux

Glenn and I would love to sit for some greys. We have 5 acres and 5 other dogs. 1 grey and then a mix of others but they get along well. There are no children but we do have 1 cat. They can run and play and chase squirrels and learn about horses. We live 50 miles north of Houston in the deep woods. 936-767-3753 (H) 713-725-8169© We are usually home but you may have to call the cell because we are outside.I have been a vet tech for 20 yerars so I know how to handle a lot of situations that arise and can get help quickly.

Edited by EmilyandSioux

Guest CajunWind

I live in the Boston are and would love to take care of your Greyhound. I have one Greyhound and he is my best bud and the love of my life. We go on lots of hikes and he loves to play with other dogs. I have a fenced in back yard and live within minutes of lots of hiking trails in the Blue Hills and hike every weekend with two different dog walking groups. The Saturday group is an all breed hiking group and the Sunday group is Greyhound's only. Both are a wonderful network for Greyhound information and socialization. Feel free to contact me at: macphailma@hotmail.com

Edited by CajunWind

• 1 month later...
Guest Greylovers

Anyone know any occasional daytime greysitters in Northern VA? One of our two boys simply will not let anyone in the house we are not at home - so we've given up on dog walkers after many, many tries. Even friends whom he knows -- and with whom he is very friendly when they are over to visit us --cannot come in to walk them if we are not at home. For this reason, we have to race home every night to make we get home on time to our poor boys who are keeping their legs crossed -- and we don't always make it. We live in Reston, and work in DC, so traffic is completely unpredictable. On days when we know we are going to be delayed, it would be great to be able to leave them with someone who can care for them until we get home later on in the evening. Anyone know anyone? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I know this is fairly short notice, but we are looking to do a short trip sometime between Saturday, July 10 through Tuesday, July 13th. We would probably be gone for only 2 nights, and would need someone to watch Robin in your home during that time. We are just outside of Boston. Robin is up to date on all of his shots and everything, and he is very friendly and easygoing, as any Greyhound Adventures people could attest to. :) Is there anyone who might be available during that time, or knows someone who would be? If so, could you let me know your location, days of availability, and rates for petsitting? You could either post here or pm me.

You'd be doing us a HUGE favor.

Thanks in advance!

Cathy

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest giraffe

Anyone in the Newburgh, NY area that is willing to dog-sit my little girl, Zee this coming weekend? I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to avoid putting her in a kennel that I don't know much about. Or, if anyone in North/Central NJ knows of a good kennel or can doggie-sit, I'd appreciate it so very much!

Guest nanzi

Our usual Gh sitter is about to have surgery and we are in desperate need. The dates are sept 2 - 12. Khan is a 7 yr old sweetie, does not get on furniture or beds, is totally housebroken, cat friendly and loves everyone, esp kids. One of our grandsons used to lie on the floor and drive hot wheels cars all over him. We are scheduled to go to Myrtle Beach. We also have our Jack Russell Pookie who is 10. She's a people lover too and hasn't had any problems with gh's yet. also cat friendly, she will play with them. We may be able to talk dau into keeping her if she is a deal breaker.

Thanks for considering our babies. Nan in Marydel De.

Guest dozersassy

Hi,

Just moved to Venice, FL area and there are none on the list for this area. I have a female greyhound, Sassy, and another larger Lab/Great Pyrenees mix (so we were told?), Dozer. Both older and very mellow dogs.

I'm looking for both someone willing to pet-sit for vacations etc and also if anyone is really close to walk them occasionally. I work from home and travel sometimes and my husband just got a new job that requires he works 24-hr shifts occasionally so I'm anticipating pretty soon we'll be in the position of needing someone to come walk the dogs (if I'm traveling and he is working).

Venice/Osprey/Nokomis/Sarasota

I'd be more than happy to return the favor.

Thanks,

marynoelstg@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a greyhound owner and a pet sitter (I started my own company earlier this year). I'm located near Fort Lauderdale, FL.

I can either go to people's homes to stay with their dogs overnight, or simply to spend some time with them and give them a walk; or I can welcome greys (and other types of dogs as well) into my home. I can only board one family of dogs at a time and the hounds would have to be ok with cats since I have two.

I can be contacted at info@critternannypetsitting.com. Still working on the website. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

If you are like many of us who want…or have to travel without your GH during certain times of the year, and just cannot stand the thought of your precious being coup up in a kennel, but would prefer a nice GH friendly home, where you know your precious will maintain their pedestal lifestyle even though you are not with them, ……then, how about we start a posting here for willing GH sitters in a centralized location?

If interested, please list your location of city and state, along with your email address. I like the posting of dog parks, and go back to it quite often for reference. I would hope that this will help those of us looking for sitters.

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

DarkHorse - Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Apartment sitting with four walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

USA

ARIZONA

BlackandBrindle - NW Tucson

I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked).

Nursenearlyther - Gilbert, AZ

I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

CALIFORNIA

Tricolorhounds - Fallbrook, CA

We have a security fenced yard and one in-door cat.

GEORGIA

JminAugustaGA – Augusta GA

My home is known as Camp Greyhound. I have 4 of my own and usually one or two fosters. Short notice ok. I live on the south side of Augusta, GA. Large fenced in back yard with locks on the gates. I have no cats. $12 per dog per night. Ask that you bring muzzle and each meal in a ziplock bag. References available. greykiss@aol.com

LOUISIANA

Andromeda - Shreveport Louisiana

I have three greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

MICHIGAN

DaffyToons – Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have no small, furry creatures; but I do have birds (from large to small) who stay safely in their cages when I have greyhound "company". I have a huge, fenced-in yard (almost 2 acres); and the gates are all padlocked.

I would love to take care of your grey(s) while you are away! PM me for my email address.

NEW JERSEY

BasilMom- Toms River,N.J.

I have two greyhounds of my own. Feel free to contact me for rates and info.

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

I can board single greys, crated or not

OREGON

gracegirl - Beaverton, OR

I live in a townhouse so I could sit for one or two quiet and calm hounds. I have no kitties so non-cat safe is fine by us!

PENNSYLVANIA

D_MansMommy - I'm in PA about an hour north of Philadelphia

I only work part time (about four hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

My door is always open to new grey friends. I do, however, have two kitties.

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

I would be willing to sit for one or two greys

WASHINGTON

Annepres - Mill Creek, WA

South Haven Michigan

www.k9srusdoggycare.com

k9srus2@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CajunWind

I live in the Boston are and would love to take care of your Greyhound. I have one Greyhound and he is my best bud and the love of my life. We go on lots of hikes and he loves to play with other dogs. I have a fenced in back yard and live within minutes of lots of hiking trails in the Blue Hills and hike every weekend with two different dog walking groups. The Saturday group is an all breed hiking group and the Sunday group is Greyhound's only. Both are a wonderful network for Greyhound information and socialization. Feel free to contact me at: macphailma@hotmail.com. I charge $20/day for one Grey and $30/day for two.

I live in the Boston area and would love to take care of your Greyhound. I have one Greyhound and he is my best bud and the love of my life. We go on lots of hikes and he loves to play with other dogs. I have a fenced in back yard and live within minutes of lots of hiking trails in the Blue Hills and hike every weekend with two different dog walking groups. The Saturday group is an all breed hiking group and the Sunday group is Greyhound's only. Both are a wonderful network for Greyhound information and socialization. Feel free to contact me at: macphailma@hotmail.com. I charge $20/day for one Grey and $30/day for two.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm making inquiry for a friend who isn't on GT at present. She's near Allentown, PA and needs to be out of state for a couple weeks later in October. She has one Greyhound and a Coonhound mix, who is very well behaved and is looking for someone to care for them in their home for the two weeks. A move and a lot of changes means she doesn't have her old contacts and resources any more. Anyone in the area who Grey-sits or knows of someone (with references) who does -- please p.m. me with your contact information and I'll get her in touch with you. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest CajunWind

Folks,

If you are like many of us who want…or have to travel without your GH during certain times of the year, and just cannot stand the thought of your precious being coup up in a kennel, but would prefer a nice GH friendly home, where you know your precious will maintain their pedestal lifestyle even though you are not with them, ……then, how about we start a posting here for willing GH sitters in a centralized location?

If interested, please list your location of city and state, along with your email address. I like the posting of dog parks, and go back to it quite often for reference. I would hope that this will help those of us looking for sitters.

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

DarkHorse - Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Apartment sitting with four walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

USA

ARIZONA

BlackandBrindle - NW Tucson

I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked).

Nursenearlyther - Gilbert, AZ

I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

CALIFORNIA

Tricolorhounds - Fallbrook, CA

We have a security fenced yard and one in-door cat.

GEORGIA

JminAugustaGA – Augusta GA

My home is known as Camp Greyhound. I have 4 of my own and usually one or two fosters. Short notice ok. I live on the south side of Augusta, GA. Large fenced in back yard with locks on the gates. I have no cats. $12 per dog per night. Ask that you bring muzzle and each meal in a ziplock bag. References available. greykiss@aol.com

LOUISIANA

Andromeda - Shreveport Louisiana

I have three greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

MASSACHUSETTS

I live in the Greater Boston area.

I have one male Grey who is very friendly and well socialized.

I often have at least two greys at a time (so 3 dogs total) and everyone gets a long very well.

I have a fenced in back yard for lots of playtime and live within minutes of lots of hiking trails.

I also hike every weekend with two different dog walking groups.

I charge $25/day.

I would love to hear from you - macphailma@hotmail.com

I can provide excellent references.

MICHIGAN

DaffyToons – Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have no small, furry creatures; but I do have birds (from large to small) who stay safely in their cages when I have greyhound "company". I have a huge, fenced-in yard (almost 2 acres); and the gates are all padlocked.

I would love to take care of your grey(s) while you are away! PM me for my email address.

NEW JERSEY

BasilMom- Toms River,N.J.

I have two greyhounds of my own. Feel free to contact me for rates and info.

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

I can board single greys, crated or not

OREGON

gracegirl - Beaverton, OR

I live in a townhouse so I could sit for one or two quiet and calm hounds. I have no kitties so non-cat safe is fine by us!

PENNSYLVANIA

D_MansMommy - I'm in PA about an hour north of Philadelphia

I only work part time (about four hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

My door is always open to new grey friends. I do, however, have two kitties.

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

I would be willing to sit for one or two greys

WASHINGTON

Annepres - Mill Creek, WA

South Haven Michigan

www.k9srusdoggycare.com

k9srus2@hotmail.com

Massachusetts: I'm 15 minutes North of Boston.

We have 1 female greyhound. We have large fenced in yard big enough for running. Both husband and i work during the day, so dog should be comfortable alone, preferably crated, from 9-5. I come home for a break midday to let dog out for bathroom break. Evening walks on leash after dinner. Dog can sleep in our bedroom if preferred.

We'd love to help out fellow owners when they go on vaca! PM me for details.

Massachusetts:

Hi. i have 1 female greyhound. I live 30 minutes North of Boston and work in Cambridge. Grey talk was recommended to me this past weekend at the Greyhound Friends open house in Hopkinton. i am looking for someone who would be able to watch my girl every now and then when i travel for work. i am usually only gone for two days, three at the most. i would be happy to help out fellow owners as well. i have a very large field for running, and great walking trails for evening leashed walks.

Guest CajunWind

I would love to help you with dog care for Cleo -

I live in the Greater Boston area.

I have one male Grey who is very friendly and well socialized.

I often have at least two greys at a time (so 3 dogs total) and everyone gets a long very well.

I have a fenced in back yard for lots of playtime and live within minutes of lots of hiking trails.

I also hike every weekend with two different dog walking groups.

I charge $30/day.

I would love to hear from you - macphailma@hotmail.com

I can provide excellent references.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I was on this or a similar list years ago, but somehow did not find myself in the list.

Patty Tustin. Mays Landing, New Jersey. Email is Spotsylott@comcast.net

I can provide references if ever needed, I have 5 greys of my own and have been an adoption representative for 15 years.

Guest BlueCrab

Between Watkins Glen NY and Rochester NY: Looking for a single day of care for Trixie (5-yo F grey) and Leyland (7-yo M herding dog). Saturday Nov 13 2010. Early drop off, late pick up.

We will be driving up from our Watkins Glen vacation house Sat am to attend a day-long conference at the Cliffside (?) in Rochester starting at 9 am followed by dinner banquet. We will drive back to WG that night after the banquet. We will not be able to take the dogs with us and, since WG is our vacation house, we don't have anyone there who can care for the dogs.

Both are fine with cats and are ok with other dogs but we've never left them with anyone before so this would be a new experience for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Celestrina

Hi, We will be going away the week of Feb. 20th and would need someone to watch Angie Feb 19-28th. We live in Sellersville, PA (hour north of Philadelphia). My email is celestrina1@hotmail.com. She is both kid and cat friendly. Thank you!