Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest Greylovers

RI grey sitters? Just some daycare days here or there, or a maybr few overnights occasionally. Schaefer is 11 yr. old white brindle very sweet, friendly, curious, not good with little furries or children under 8 or so ( he's afraid of them) otherwise so so good lovey dog.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RI grey sitters? Just some daycare days here or there, or a maybr few overnights occasionally. Schaefer is 11 yr. old white brindle very sweet, friendly, curious, not good with little furries or children under 8 or so ( he's afraid of them) otherwise so so good lovey dog.

I'm in Mass - how far can you go?

Guest Greylovers

Westwood? Maybe not so far for us... Let us know . Where you are. Can email me @ Carradini@me.com.

THanks

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Brighton with my one grey, Hulk, and one tolerant house cat. I live in an apartment building with stairs and an elevator and have a nice neighborhood for dog walking. There is a small park nearby and just a block away is the Chestnut Hill reservoir.

Before I moved to Boston, I swapped sitting with a few other greyhound owners and I really liked knowing Hulk would be in a comfortable home instead of a kennel when I was out of town. I try to take Hulk with me when I travel but now I will be flying to visit family a few times a year and would love to swap dog sitting!

If you are looking for a sitter in the Boston area, let me know!

Melissa

Westwood? Maybe not so far for us... Let us know . Where you are. Can email me @ Carradini@me.com.

THanks

Sent you an email.

• 1 month later...
Guest Carstel

I am in Dover, Delaware and have been petsitting for 12 years. I normally stay in the owner's home or do multiple visits a day, whichever is preferred, so that the animals are comfortable in their own place. As long as I can bring my Ibizan with me, I can watch any dogs in Delaware or eastern shore MD. If in Kent county, I don't need to bring Tino with me. I can also accommodate one or two in my own home for short stays. I can provide multiple sight hound references. PM me if you'd like more info. :)

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone in the Chicagoland area, I highly recommend Dorothy (last name withheld). She currently fosters medical issue dogs for CIGA (Central Illinois Greyhound Adoption), has vast experience with greys to include medical needs. She has no critters, many race-track size crates (should your hound/s need crates), a doggie door and no stairs. She can accommodate as many hounds as you need, for as long as you need. She and her husband are retired, so your hounds will never be alone. She is the only one that watches my hounds when I need someone to watch them. She actually was my Bart's foster mom while his broken leg was being fixed/healing. I cannot recommend her enough, you will not find a more experienced greyhound person in the Chicagoland area. Her number is 630 420 2377. Let her know that "Chad" recommended her to you. The best part of this entire situation is all the money she charges to watch the hounds goes directly to CIGA, so you will be helping out the group (by the way, CIGA only takes broken leg and medical issue hounds so they can really use the extra money).

Thank you.

forgot to add location - She is in Naperville IL

Funny that I saw this- We just adopted our grey two months ago and Dorothy was his foster mom :-) She is excellent.

• 3 weeks later...
I do dog sitting at my house. Greyhounds only. No stairs at our house. The dogs seem to be happy when the come. I'm in western IL.

Adding to this post.

I live in Central Illinois about an hour south of Champagne. I can sit up to two greys in my home. I have a fenced back yard. There are 4 stairs coming into the house. Please PM me to find out about availability.

june

Guest lanielovesgreys

Anyone in the Central Texas area? We're leaving for a week in early January. I'd love for my pair to spend it in a grey savvy home.

Thanks!

Elaine

Hi All!

So my dog sitting plans for Rudy fell through last minute. I'm traveling next week (24th-26th) and need suggestions. Does anyone have any recommendations for dog walkers in the Boston area? I'm only going to be gone for 3 days and Rudy is pretty independent/sleeps ALL day. I'm wondering if having a dog walker walk him a couple times a day might be an OK option. I've called a couple of places to have him boarded, but they are all booked up. Either way, I'm wondering if keeping him here might be a better option. Even though I don't love the idea of him being alone for majority of the day, he just does much better in his own environment/gets a bit nervous in new places.

Has anyone ever tried this when traveling? I'm open to any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations. The fact that it's over the Holidays certainly doesn't help!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pwsopk

Will someone be willing to pet sit my boys for a long weekend in late January? They are not cat safe. We live in the northern VA area and are willing to pay for the pet sitting.

Thanks,

Becky

• 1 month later...

Looking for a sitter near Portland OR for April 25th-May 4th....

I just booked my vacation to Hawaii and would love to find another local grey owner I could board my sweet girl with while I am away. Compensation provided of course! ($25 night?) Julep is 6 years old and a shy girl, she is both cat and small dog tolerant and currently lives with my 14 year old calico cat. She is however, terrified of small children. If you are interested or know anyone who might be interested, please have them shoot me an email at martiniminx@gmail.com

Dot

Dot

Mom to Julep (Our Devil Darcy)

Just wanted to post, I am open to sitting...I am in the Windsor area and have one 6 year old female greyhound and one 4 year old italian mastiff whom is a angel/dog and sweetheart to ALL dogs. Fully closed in yard, and right now I am home 24/7. I am not looking for any payment...just love having an open home :)

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

We currently live in Hampton, Virginia, but for anyone in Hampton Roads, we would strongly recommend having your grey stay with Sandra, owner of Peanut's Pet Service (www.peanutspservice.com). She has a fenced in yard with a high fence, and your hound will get all the attention and love that he or she wants. You get to bring your dog's bed, blankets, toys, and anything else you think they might need. Sandra posts pictures and videos on facebook, so you can check on your hound...and then be bummed that they are having such a great time without you!

If your dog is going to stay at her house, you and your hound will set up a time to go over a few days prior to let your dog meet her, her dog, and get a smell of the place. We had Marvin stay with her for a week over the summer, and he came home a happy dog. He must have picked up some info on how to be more of a "dog", because he was not a cuddler at all when we dropped him off, and now, he HAS to be wedged on the [undersized] couch with us, as well as more interested in playing. I would also add that using Peanut's Pet Service was also one of the most budget-friendly options we found.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest greygirls2

A friend is looking for someone to sit overnight for two nights. She has 4 greys and 2 cats and prefers someone gey savvy to stay in the home. She's located in Sturbridge, MA. and will need the services for July 5,6,7 Her regular sitter has closed her business.

• 1 month later...

This is super short notice... because I had to exhaust all my normal channels.

I leave for vacation on July 18th and come home on the 22nd. I have one grey and a super mutt who isn't okay with cats other than ours. Eden is my old lady who is the typical grey and sleeps most of the day. Missy is fine with all dogs, big and small. She's medium energy and plays really great with Eden.

I'm in the Tacoma area and am willing to drive.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Diana

Just wanted to post, I am open to sitting...I am in the Windsor area and have one 6 year old female greyhound and one 4 year old italian mastiff whom is a angel/dog and sweetheart to ALL dogs. Fully closed in yard, and right now I am home 24/7. I am not looking for any payment...just love having an open home :)

Are you in Windsor, CT? I am in the valley and looking to find someone to watch my 2 greyhounds at times. Also willing to help others :)

Are you in Windsor, CT? I am in the valley and looking to find someone to watch my 2 greyhounds at times. Also willing to help others :)

Sorry, Windsor, Ontario, Canada :(

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest jbbuzby

We're in Denver CO (closer to DTC) and would be available to sit one hound at a time if you provided all supplies. No small animals or cats here, so wouldn't need to be cat-safe. We have two greyhounds of our own, so they would have some hound company. We'd ask that you provide your own crate if they need one. Feel free to PM me if you need someone!