Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest embarkguru

Folks,

If you are like many of us who want…or have to travel without your GH during certain times of the year, and just cannot stand the thought of your precious being coup up in a kennel, but would prefer a nice GH friendly home, where you know your precious will maintain their pedestal lifestyle even though you are not with them, ……then, how about we start a posting here for willing GH sitters in a centralized location?

If interested, please list your location of city and state, along with your email address. I like the posting of dog parks, and go back to it quite often for reference. I would hope that this will help those of us looking for sitters.

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

DarkHorse - Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Apartment sitting with four walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

USA

ARIZONA

BlackandBrindle - NW Tucson

I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked).

Nursenearlyther - Gilbert, AZ

I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

CALIFORNIA

Tricolorhounds - Fallbrook, CA

We have a security fenced yard and one in-door cat.

GEORGIA

LOUISIANA

Andromeda - Shreveport Louisiana

I have three greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

MICHIGAN

DaffyToons – Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have no small, furry creatures; but I do have birds (from large to small) who stay safely in their cages when I have greyhound "company". I have a huge, fenced-in yard (almost 2 acres); and the gates are all padlocked.

I would love to take care of your grey(s) while you are away! PM me for my email address.

NEW JERSEY

BasilMom- Toms River,N.J.

I have two greyhounds of my own. Feel free to contact me for rates and info.

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

I can board single greys, crated or not

OREGON

gracegirl - Beaverton, OR

I live in a townhouse so I could sit for one or two quiet and calm hounds. I have no kitties so non-cat safe is fine by us!

PENNSYLVANIA

D_MansMommy - I'm in PA about an hour north of Philadelphia

I only work part time (about four hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

My door is always open to new grey friends. I do, however, have two kitties.

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

I would be willing to sit for one or two greys

WASHINGTON

Annepres - Mill Creek, WA

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea :colgate

I'm in Shreveport Louisiana. Almost at the north end of Interstate 49 and 9 miles south of Interstate 20. I have 3 greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

If anyone knows of any grey sitters or grey savvy kennels in Austin Texas please let me know. MY DH and I will be traveling to Austin next month. As of right now we are staying at the La Quinta in Round Rock and dropping the furry kids off at the Petsmart petshotel during the day for daycare and picking them up at night.

Guest tricolorhounds

Camp GreyDog

I'm in Fallbrook, CA which is in San Diego County, just south of the Riverside County line. I can have up to 2 boarders at a time.

I have 4 Greyhounds of my own, a 10 year old ShepherdMix, a 14 year old LabMix, a cat and a duck. Fully fenced yard...

GreyTalk updates with pictures.

$25.00/day for 1 dog, $40.00/day for 2 dogs.

Edited by tricolorhounds

Guest D_MansMommy

I'm in PA about an hour north of Philadelphia. I only work part time (about 4 hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

Guest nursenearlyther

I am in Gilbert, AZ (east side). But I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

Guest BasilMom

I also sit greyhounds. I live in Toms River,N.J. and have two greyhounds of my own. Feel free to contact me for rates and info.

Annette

Guest DarkHorse

Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Apartment sitting with 4 walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

Plano, TX Would be willing to sit for one or two greys.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest 2greys

South Carolina- Goose Creek and surrounding areas. Please reply to e-mail address listed below.

Daily Walks, Overnight Stays, Pet Taxi and more.

Please visit our web site for complete list of services and rates.

We look forward to hearing from you.

843-312-2824

Web: www.CrowfieldPets.Tripod.com

E-mail: CrowfieldPets@yahoo.com

Phone: 843-312-2824 6am to 8:30pm

Guest Layla_mom

Massachusetts: I'm 15 minutes North of Boston.

We have 1 female greyhound. We have large fenced in yard big enough for running. Both husband and i work during the day, so dog should be comfortable alone, preferably crated, from 9-5. I come home for a break midday to let dog out for bathroom break. Evening walks on leash after dinner. Dog can sleep in our bedroom if preferred.

We'd love to help out fellow owners when they go on vaca! PM me for details.

Edited by Layla_mom

Phoenix, AZ

I have 3 greys, a 12, 9 and 2 year old. No cats or small animals. Doggie dog, a lot of stuffies and spare dog beds. Treats if allowed and a plastic kiddie pool for afternoon relaxing.

greg1229@yahoo.com

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SabrinaInDE

Central Delaware

I have two greys and two cats, and a large fenced yard. I can watch one or two cat-friendly greys. All payments will be donated to my group :)

Edited by SabrinaInDE

Guest mybabies3

DELAWARE

E-mail: tomaur03@atlanticbb.net

I have 6 greyhounds and 5 cats

Available to sit in my home

I live on 11 acres where 3 acres are fenced in.

Your dog would have all the comforts of my home

Edited by mybabies3

How do I get hold of "gracegirl" in Beaverton, Oregon????

I emailed you ;)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Oceanside, NY. 45 minutes east of NYC.

I can sit one, posibly 2 cat safe greyhound for a long weekend: Friday, Sat & Sunday.

PS - 2 of my kitties are very fuzzy!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Camp Greyhound

We're in Innisfil, about 45 minutes north of Toronto, Ontario. Information and rates are posted on the Camp Greyhound page of our AwesomePaws.ca website. A portion of all proceeds goes to greyhound rescue, references can be made available upon request. Raw fed and naturally raised hounds are welcome.

:gh_run:gh_run:gh_run:gh_run

Edited by kjw

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Just an fyi...the Greysitting.com website doesn't appear to work. You must be registered to use the site and the registration process is broken (database error). The home page of the website says "please contact me if you have any problems" but there's no way to contact the site administrator. If anyone here is a registered member of greysitting.com, please let the admin know the registration process is down.

As a side note, I'm doing a "test" GH sitting this weekend. If it works (no allergic reaction), my husband and I will post up our info for availability as GH sitters. Could come in handy for the upcoming holiday seasons.

Guest krisandzoo

What a greyt idea!

I am in Indianapolis, and I do pet sitting and dog training. I do have a website that should help answer most questions.

www.krisnhounds.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rileybella

Hi Everyone -

I live in NW NJ and like to go on several vacations throughout the year, and in the past have had people stay at my house to sit my two Greys - Riley and Bella. However, I would like to try and find someone who would be willing to do a trade exchange sitting with me - i.e. when I go away for two weeks another Grey owner would watch my two greys, and when the other person wanted to go away I would watch their Greyhounds. I have a large fenced back yard and have a dog door that the Greyhounds use to go in/out at their lesure.

If anyone in New Jersey is intersted in this sort of arrangement please email me at terry@88alpacas.com. I am looking for the following time periods: November 30-December 6 and January 24th-February 6th of next year.

I prefer someone who loves Greyhounds and has Greyhounds of their own - as Greys normally tolerate other Greys much better. My Greys are also catsafe.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

terry