Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest rileybella

Hi Toms River -

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you interested in grey swapping (I guess that what you would call it)? Could you please contact me via email? my email addres is terry@88alpacas.com.

Thanks again,

Terry

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytexplorer

Under the right circumstances, I can greysit and have done so in the past.

email me at

bpws7878@bellsouth.net

Your greys must be cat safe.

happy trails,

~Pat

eta to add> I have a fenced in yard, we walk at least once a day, and I live about 1 mile from Interstate 65, ex.252

Edited by greytexplorer

VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA

I am retired, and puppysit regularly. Double gated fenced yard, daily walks and comfy, cosy surroundings... pups are loved and treated as my own (of course :colgate ). Newcomers welcome, but must be catsafe. ;)

email: annieswift@shaw.ca

Rhode Island (20 mins. south of Providence)

No small furries here, and fenced yard. I do work 9-5, but sometimes have help with a turnout mid-day and am trying to make that more regular. I have 3 of of my own: Ringo, 11; Chickie, 9; and Bull, 8.

Willing to take up to 3, length of time negotiable. Would be very interested in some type of trade, as well, as I have a few days/possibly a long weekend before the end of the year when I'll be away.

PM me with any questions.

Edited by RhodyGreys

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

• 3 weeks later...

San Diego, CA -- small wood privacy-fenced (6 foot high) back yard, can take the occasional greyhound boarder. I'm even here for both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

No cats/small furries live here; I work from home/home all day; currently no greyhound but should be adopting before year's end (lost my 14yo in August).

PM me with questions

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lilysmommy08

Live in Carroll county,Md and I Pet sit for a living. If I were to sit here in my home I have Iggys and a fenced in yard. I am in and out thru the day. PM for questions or info

Le,

Mommy to Lily,Precious,Prince and Socks

Edited by lilysmommy08

Hi,

I'm in NW Illinois, and can grey-sit. I have 6 dogs of my own, a 6-pack and fold down-crates if necessary. I have a fenced

dog-yard, which is surrounded by 2-1/2 fenced acres. I also have a run with 6 foot fencing and a dog door.

Lots of foster/dog-sitting experience, and medical care experience, too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Any houndies need a place to stay during the Christmas & New Years holiday? We live in Fond du Lac, WI and have 3 greyhounds of our own, a fenced in back yard, no cats, no kids. Offer is only for greyhounds though.

Happy Holidays! :xmas:gh_lay

Guest crowbird

I am a professional Pet Sitter. We have 4 Greys plus 4 non-Greys. All Greys must be cat safe (we have 6 cats) in addition all Greys must be social & like being in a pack. Please view my site for additional info. www.affordablepetsitting.net

Folks,

If you are like many of us who want…or have to travel without your GH during certain times of the year, and just cannot stand the thought of your precious being coup up in a kennel, but would prefer a nice GH friendly home, where you know your precious will maintain their pedestal lifestyle even though you are not with them, ……then, how about we start a posting here for willing GH sitters in a centralized location?

If interested, please list your location of city and state, along with your email address. I like the posting of dog parks, and go back to it quite often for reference. I would hope that this will help those of us looking for sitters.

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

DarkHorse - Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Apartment sitting with four walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

USA

ARIZONA

BlackandBrindle - NW Tucson

I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked).

Nursenearlyther - Gilbert, AZ

I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

CALIFORNIA

Tricolorhounds - Fallbrook, CA

We have a security fenced yard and one in-door cat.

GEORGIA

JminAugustaGA – Augusta GA

My home is known as Camp Greyhound. I have 4 of my own and usually one or two fosters. Short notice ok. I live on the south side of Augusta, GA. Large fenced in back yard with locks on the gates. I have no cats. $12 per dog per night. Ask that you bring muzzle and each meal in a ziplock bag. References available. greykiss@aol.com

LOUISIANA

Andromeda - Shreveport Louisiana

I have three greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

MICHIGAN

DaffyToons – Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have no small, furry creatures; but I do have birds (from large to small) who stay safely in their cages when I have greyhound "company". I have a huge, fenced-in yard (almost 2 acres); and the gates are all padlocked.

I would love to take care of your grey(s) while you are away! PM me for my email address.

NEW JERSEY

BasilMom- Toms River,N.J.

I have two greyhounds of my own. Feel free to contact me for rates and info.

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

I can board single greys, crated or not

OHIO - Cincinnati

I have 2 greys and a large fenced in yard--I would be able to watch two greys. (I have no cats, so non-cat safe hounds are fine!) jlolson@cinci.rr.com

OREGON

gracegirl - Beaverton, OR

I live in a townhouse so I could sit for one or two quiet and calm hounds. I have no kitties so non-cat safe is fine by us!

PENNSYLVANIA

D_MansMommy - I'm in PA about an hour north of Philadelphia

I only work part time (about four hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

My door is always open to new grey friends. I do, however, have two kitties.

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

I would be willing to sit for one or two greys

WASHINGTON

Annepres - Mill Creek, WA

I am a professional Pet Sitter. We have 4 Greys plus 4 non-Greys. All Greys must be cat safe (we have 6 cats) in addition all Greys must be social & like being in a pack. Please view my site for additional info. www.affordablepetsitting.net

Where are you located? I can't find the area on your website. :)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest lilysmommy
Folks,

If you are like many of us who want…or have to travel without your GH during certain times of the year, and just cannot stand the thought of your precious being coup up in a kennel, but would prefer a nice GH friendly home, where you know your precious will maintain their pedestal lifestyle even though you are not with them, ……then, how about we start a posting here for willing GH sitters in a centralized location?

If interested, please list your location of city and state, along with your email address. I like the posting of dog parks, and go back to it quite often for reference. I would hope that this will help those of us looking for sitters.

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

Apartment sitting with four walks a day for washroom/exercise. Just two greyhounds so non cat/small animal safe is OK.

USA

ARIZONA

I have two non-small animal safe pups, so we can take anyone. There are no small critters here and we get walks almost every day. We do have a dog door and a fenced in yard (the gate is always padlocked).

I do have 2 chihuahua's so small animal safe please! Shadow would love some company!

CALIFORNIA

GEORGIA

My home is known as Camp Greyhound. I have 4 of my own and usually one or two fosters. Short notice ok. I live on the south side of Augusta, GA. Large fenced in back yard with locks on the gates. I have no cats. $12 per dog per night. Ask that you bring muzzle and each meal in a ziplock bag. References available. greykiss@aol.com

LOUISIANA

I have three greys of my own and a large fenced in backyard. Email address sbledsoe4@hotmail.com

Maryland

Lilysmommy - Finksburg Md.

I have 1 grey and 2 IGs,no cats no small children either. I have a fenced in back yard. Lilliy is our second grey so we are up to date with handling and thier care them.Email is candlhand@aol.com

MICHIGAN

I have no small, furry creatures; but I do have birds (from large to small) who stay safely in their cages when I have greyhound "company". I have a huge, fenced-in yard (almost 2 acres); and the gates are all padlocked.

I would love to take care of your grey(s) while you are away! PM me for my email address.

NEW JERSEY

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

OREGON

I live in a townhouse so I could sit for one or two quiet and calm hounds. I have no kitties so non-cat safe is fine by us!

PENNSYLVANIA

I only work part time (about four hours Mon-Fri) and have a fenced in yard. I do have two kitties so I can only sit cat safe greys.

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

WASHINGTON

Guest BonnieJ

Hello All,

I have had my greyhound sitting business for about two years. I'm located in Summerfield, NC which is just north of Greensboro, NC. I call it "Home Away from Home Greyhound Sitting Service" and have been having a greyt time caring for my clients greys. My two love having friends to play with.

My e-mail address is twogreys2008@peoplepc.com . I have everything except food and muzzles including a large flat fenced backyard.

I am an adoption counselor with GFNC and have been since 2001.

Those of you in this area please keep me in mind next time you need a greyhound sitter.

Thanks,

Bonnie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, all!

There is a possibility that I may have a contract job in Telluride, Co. for the next two and a half months :eek

I am hoping some folks from Phoenix and surrounding area may have a friend/acquaintance who would be willing to

live-in with my four greyhounds, ages 12,7,5 &4. We have a doggie door and this pack is very stable, have been together

for about a year and a half. I am currently researching the average overnight stay cost from several reputable petsitting groups and have yet to begin my salary negotiations with the employer, sooooooo.....I'll post here when details are more readily available. Just wanted to get some feedback :colgate

Oh, and if anyone else out there would like to escape the nasty winter ya'll are having and are in a position to stay here in the Valley of the Sun for the duration of my potential job AND get paid for it, by all means count yourself in! ;)

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

We will be taking a family vacation to Great Smoky Mtn National Park April 4-11. We will be bringing Ringo, our cat friendly, kid friendly greyhound with us. We have rented a pet friendly 3 bdroom cabin in Gatlinburg, TN and will bring Ringo along as much as possible, but I expect that there will be many instances when he has to stay at the cabin. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Gatlinburg area who might be willing to greysit for several hours during the day on those days when our plans aren't dog friendly. If not, any recommendations for good doggie daycare that would be preferable to leaving Ringo home alone? He is used to staying home alone from 8:30-3:00 every weekday when we are at work, till my son gets home from school. He is confined to the kitchen at those times, but doesn't mind being crated if necessary. I just thought it would be nicer than leaving him alone in a new place. If that is the only alternative, then we'll arrange our plans so he isn't left for more than 3-4 hours at a time (and not until we've been there for a few days.)

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest drewjs

Hello,

I'm new here. My family and I have an 8 year old male, Blaze. We are going on vacation from August 12 thru August 25. We live in Wyoming, PA., which is right between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. There seems to be absolutely no one within 3 hours of our home that are grey knowledgeable sitters. Anybody out there with any info please HELP.

Thanks,

Gerard, Robin, Drew, and Blaze Slater

home 570-693-0643

cell 570-885-2234

email gjs156b@verizon.net

Edited by drewjs

Guest NewGreyOwner

I'm interested in finding a greysitter for our male grey we've had for four months now. My boyfriend and I will be taking a short trip in late May and will need a sitter or grey "hotel" for probably 3 nights. I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance in order to find a good place for him for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrealynch

Andrea Lynch

St. Louis, MO

andrea.lynch@hotmail.com

I will watch your greys in your home, or you can bring them to mine. I have 2 greys of my own, and a large fenced-in back yard. I am also affiliated with a local rescue organization and would be happy to provide references for you--I am a foster mom for them :) I am also a teacher, so I will be off of work all summer long. No cats, and no kids--so non-cat safe are fine.

Edited by andrealynch

Hello,

I'm new here. My family and I have an 8 year old male, Blaze. We are going on vacation from August 12 thru August 25. We live in Wyoming, PA., which is right between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. There seems to be absolutely no one within 3 hours of our home that are grey knowledgeable sitters. Anybody out there with any info please HELP.

Thanks,

Gerard, Robin, Drew, and Blaze Slater

home 570-693-0643

cell 570-885-2234

email gjs156b@verizon.net

contact Joan at Pocono greyhound group, Maybe he might be able to hook you up.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest lat41065

I board in my home greyhounds only. I am located a short distance from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. I have many years of greyhound experience and am very active with our local GPA group.

www.greyhoundplayground.com will give you basic info. My web site is under reconstruction but pertinent info is available.

Lesley Tierney

Guest Greyhound_Mom

I live in ARKANSAS CITY, KS 16 miles east of I-35 on 166, 6 miles north of the KS/OK border and 65 miles south of Wichita, KS. If there is anyone needing a GH Fur-Sitter, my home would certainly be welcome to your GH fur-child. I have four GH girls of my own and have had as many as 7 GH's in my home at one time w/o incident. References and pictures available. You may contact me at noahs_ark_16@yahoo.com

Under His Wings and In His Embrace,

Martha

Blessed and Humble Guardian to the Greyhounds

"Her Royal Highness Miss Jade" (DOB 02-26-97, FH 06-20-02)

"The Princess Miss Point" (DOB 07-25-02, FH 10-26-05)

"The Countess Miss Connie Mae" (DOB 11-09-98, FH 03-02-07)

"Kristin the Great" (DOB 08-02-98, FH 01-24-09)

"The Duchess Miss Daisy" (DOB 07-17-96, FH 10-25-03, Angel at the Bridge 09-26-08)

"The Heiress Miss Honey" (DOB 03-27-00, FH 09-01-08, Angel at the Bridge 12-10-08)

"Miss Mindy Kitten" Waiting for Us at the Rainbow Bridge

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hsdl4
Folks,

UPDATED LISTING

CANADA

USA

ARIZONA

CALIFORNIA

GEORGIA

LOUISIANA

MICHIGAN

NEW JERSEY

NORTH CAROLINA

Charmsmom - Mebane, NC

OREGON

PENNSYLVANIA

TEXAS

Lanielovesgreys - Dallas

Kamsmom - Plano, TX

WASHINGTON

Looking to contact BasilMom in Toms River.

Guest hsdl4
I greysit and live in Toms River.

Please email me with rates and info. We are looking for a sitter for our two female greys. Thanks. Sue

hsdl4@optonline.net