Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest saffy2yrs

If anyone still reads this topic, I was wondering if there were any greyhound sitters/boarding facilities in the Porterville CA/Bakersfield CA/Fresno CA area. I will be gone overnight in March for a Continuing Education event, and then in May I am going to Europe with my Niece for two weeks.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amy1228

I moved, so wanted to update my location. I'm in Franklin, PA (1.5 hours north of Pittsburgh, 1.5 hours east of Erie)

I am happy to grey sit, preferably exchange grey sitting. I do have a cat, but in an emergency I can take in a non cat safe dog for a night or two. I have a house, with a fenced yard (part of the fencing is short wrought iron entrance gate, so dogs are always supervised outside) I will be working full time, but come home for lunch, dogs can have a potty break every 4 hours if needed throughout the day. I have a very laid back male.

I have no problem driving halfway to pick up a dog (for example, I'm about 2 hours away from cleavland, oh) if someone needed a hand.

My house is 4 stories, basement, main floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor. The main floor is a very decent size if a hound doesn't do stairs (mine doesn't!) but there is hardwood and laminate throughout. I have a pretty good amount of experience with greys of all personalities. I can handle basic first aid, and administer medications.

Hello claws and paws! I live in hermitage PA and would be interested in doing a greyhound sitting exchange if you are interested! We have a very sweet 2 1/2 year old male who is very friendly. If you see this you can email me at amyepolansky@gmail.com

• 5 months later...

A bit far from where most of these locations are but I can dog sit and I'm in GLASGOW, SCOTLAND

I can sit 1-2 greyhounds. I live in a flat but I have plenty couch space and we go for 3-4 walks or outdoor toliet breaks a day. I have no other pets but my one female greyhound.

The best way to contact me is by email on louisehitchon@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Travelover

I recently moved to the Vancouver, WA / Portland area and am seeking a greyt sitter for my 11 year old girl. She snuggled with my (wonderful) previous sitter's cat, so it is safe to say she is cat safe. She takes no meds, loves people and is mostly indifferent to other dogs. She is in excellent health and loves to be walked.

Any leads greatly appreciated.

Remember, not everyone is on FB. Please post here as well.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. We live in the Detroit area and are gearing up for our first vacation post adoption day! We are quite nervous to leave Stanley, but are hopeful it will be a fun week for him without us. Which begs the question...is anyone willing to take our boy January 1 - 9?that. Stanley is not cat safe and is still learning how to interact with toddlers. He is certainly a lover though! Let us know if you or anyone you know would be open. We will pay!

• 2 weeks later...

ORLANDO FLORIDA AREA

I'm not the sitter but highly recommend Mollie Moore who has greyhounds of her own but also operates a pet sitting business. She can be reached at mollie707@yahoo.com

We have left our hounds with her and have always been completely satisfied. She has a great fenced yard and is very accommodating.

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I posted on FB as well and received some responses (thank you everyone). I will be traveling Nov 27 thru Dec 15 for work. Is there anyone who could watch all/part of my pack?

I have 2 males (2 & 5 years old) and 2 females (7 & 12 years).

I'm going to check with kennels and pet sitters in my area, but it's much harder to find sitters in the Rio Grande Valley.

I'm in Harlingen TX and am willing to drive a few hours, I'm thinking up towards San Antonio/Austin, or East/West from where I'm at.

TIA

Stacey

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Maximus said:

Disappointed this is across the pond, I am in Dublin,Ireland and looking for exactly this.

Anyone want a free place to stay in Dublin for 17 days in exchange for minding Maximus? and his king charles sister Pebbles?

Oh how swell would this be! Sadly, I cannot help bc, you know, campers, but hopefully someone here chimes in. 

When do you need the sitter? 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

13 hours ago, Maximus said:

Disappointed this is across the pond, I am in Dublin,Ireland and looking for exactly this.

Anyone want a free place to stay in Dublin for 17 days in exchange for minding Maximus? and his king charles sister Pebbles?

Are you on Facebook? There is a group called Greyhound Sitters Exchange https://www.facebook.com/groups/362259110628359/

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

On 5/10/2019 at 5:15 PM, FiveRoooooers said:

Oh how swell would this be! Sadly, I cannot help bc, you know, campers, but hopefully someone here chimes in. 

When do you need the sitter? 

My Holidays are from the 20th of July till the 7th of august

• 2 years later...

Hello:  I live in Narragansett RI and will be in need of a sitter for my Greyhound, Dusty for two weeks in June of 2022 either in CT or shoreline of CT, Lyme to Guilford.

I am not sure if she is cat friendly, but she is people and dog friendly.  She has a terrier mix brother who is about 40 lbs and they get along fine as long as Dusty doesn't keep stepping on him in the car.  

She has been with me since 9/1/2021.  She does not like to be left alone when I take her brother out of the house without her.  I do not work out of the house, so she is not crated during the day or night.  

Thanks, 

Ellen