Hematoma Trouble

Raven has had a small hematoma on her neck/chest area for quite a while. It's never bothered her, and two different vets have told me not to mess with it. All of a sudden, though, it has bulged up and started rupturing and leaking blood. Last night it broke again and wouldn't stop dripping, so she went in to the vet bright and early this morning. They bandaged her up and she's coming back again on Wednesday to have it removed. It's got quite a network of arteries feeding it so it will be a difficult/messy removal. They want to send it away to pathology to make sure it hasn't become cancerous, since its "behavior" has changed.

While she's out she's going to have a dental. No sense in putting her under anesthesia twice. Looks like one of her canines will need to go, and one of her molars. Total estimated cost for this whole adventure: $1,600. Ouch for her, and for the bank account too!

Raven's hematoma... from harmless to icky in one night:

000_3438.jpg

Raven sez she likes her stylin' red bandage. Tiny isn't so sure about it, though.

000_3440.jpg

Please wish this old gal some good luck!

000_3441.jpg

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Poor baby girl. I hope you feel better soon. Your boo boo will be gone and you will have nice shiney teeth, too.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Sending lots of healing thoughts to Raven, and thoughts of abundance to your bank account ;) !!!

Please keep us posted on the outcome!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Lots of prayers and healing energy coming your way old lady girl!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Good thoughts for that lovely girl!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Raven came out of surgery just fine. Apparently she fought the anesthesia and had a hard time going to sleep, but she woke up like a champ. She lost seven teeth (!) and a good chunk out of her chest. We'll have the pathology results on her hematoma in about a week. They applied a sealant called Orajel in hopes of keeping her teeth in good shape, which along with CET chews and brushing with Denta Treat may do the trick.

She is still loopy from the drugs and very sore. She's drooling blood and curled up on her bed, stoned out of her gourd.

When she is a bit more aware, she will get her guilt presents--a very soft sheep pillow/toy to rest that sore head on and some squishy treats.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest tricolorhounds
:grouphug Hugs for Raven... Savannah lost 24 teeth recently, there was a bit of bloody drool for the first night and by the next day she was back to her goofy self.

Continuing prayers and light for Raven. Glad to hear the surgery went well and she's back home. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh poor baby! Heal fast Raven! :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest ArtysPeople
She is still loopy from the drugs and very sore. She's drooling blood and curled up on her bed, stoned out of her gourd.

Awww, poor baby. If my experiences getting my wisdom teeth extracted and being kept good and doped up for a few days afterward (thanks, Mom!) are any measure, she won't remember any of the pain. Here's hoping she's up and doing better soon!

:f_pink