Upset Tummy From Heat?

Guest ladyann

Guest ladyann

For the past two days Lady has been vomiting either food (hamburger and rice and Nutro lamb/rice) or sometimes yellow bile. She's eating grass which usually means upset tummy. She has been on Nutro for a year with no problems.

Do you think it could be the heat? - it's been pretty hot here and we don't have a/c. Seems to have happened about the same time it got in the 90's. Poops and pees are normal. I've got the ceiling fans working overtime and fasting her today. I heard the darker colored greys have harder time with the sun but I dont' know if that's true..

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by ladyann

Guest ladyann

After 3 days of vomitting I brought Lady into Angell ER today. Good advice from someone about going to the vets when in doubt. Not heat at all..

Xrays show a mass someplace on her liver spleen or intestine or blockage. They are doing an ultrasound and biopsy tomorrow. It doesn't sound good. They expect it is cancer. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I've only had her one year (she's 7) and already have been through another cancer experience (nerve tumor) in her leg last winter.. it's just almost too much to bear.

Edited by ladyann

Oh, no! Hopefully it won't be cancer. I'm so sorry that you're facing this. My friend's grey had a large mass removed early last year and didn't think she'd still be with her by the end of the year, but she's still here 18 months later. I'll be thinking of you and Lady Ann tomorrow. She's in terrific hands at Angell. Please keep us posted. :grouphug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Sending prayers and healing energy.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest GreytMuse

I am so sorry. I'll be keeping you and Lady Ann in my thoughts. Please let us know how the vet appointment goes tomorrow.

Sending prayers for Lady. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, no. I am sorry to hear that. Good that you took her right in, hopefully it turns out to be something fixable.

So sorry that Lady is experiencing this - please know I've got my fingers crossed and will be praying that there will be a better outcome to the tests.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:candle:hope

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest ladyann

Hi and and Update:

After the ultrasound on the ultrahound it looks like the diagnosis is either pancreatic cancer or pancreatitis.. Bloodwork is good and liver and spleen are good... More tests this afternoon to see which one it is. She's on pain medication but still unresponsive just lying on the floor in the Critical Care Unit. They will try to see if she is interested in eating tonight.

I appreciate your support and prayers.

Also I would be graytful to hear from anyone with experience in either diagnosis.. It is so amazing that it all happened so fast.....

Edited by ladyann

OMG I am so sorry. I am praying for your girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Kelsey has had acute pancreatitis twice and rebounded back quite nicely both times after a day or two of i.v. antibiotics, etc. She was even vomiting bile and blood both times and it was pretty frightening. She still vomits bile occasionally but is still pretty healthy for a 13.5 yr. old. Hopefully, Lady Ann will have the same luck. Fingers, toes, paws, legs, etc. crossed here. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Guest ladyann

Lady is at the Bridge

She had pancreatic cancer and was in a lot of pain so we let her go tonight.. my heart dog is gone and my heart is broken

Oh, no! :cry1 I'm so, so sorry. I was so hoping it would be something treatable. This has happened much too quickly and I know your heart is shattered. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Edited by kelseysmom

OMG... :ohno it all happened so shockingly fast!... I'm so terribly. sorry :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

:f_white

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am so sorry for your loss and this outcome. My thoughts are with you.

:f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy