Jojo The Cat

turbotaina

Our little Jo is gone.

My husband adopted JoJo in 2001 and he was his first pet as an adult. When DH and I started dating in 2004, I brought Turbo over to his apartment and Jo walked up to him like he'd known him his whole life. He was a totally fearless kitty who loved playing, bitch-slapping around my boy cat, Pancho, and above all things, drinking water right from the faucet. He would jump up on the back of the toilet while you were doing your business and tap you on the shoulder until you turned the water on for him.

Less than two months ago, I found a gum-ball sized lump on his flank. The biopsy came back as injection site fibrosarcoma, likely caused by a feline leukemia vaccine he got some time before DH adopted him. DH made the decision not to amputate and we proceeded to spoil Jo as much as possible for his remaining time with us. This morning when I looked at his tumor, which had grown substantially, it looked ready to rupture. It was time.

DH took little Jo in this morning. Up until the last, he was happy, playful and never knew he was sick. For that I am grateful.

Little Jo, wherever the cat spirits go, I hope the catnip grows high, the shrimp are plentiful and the fresh water flows freely so you can drink to your little heart's content.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Many hugs to you both.....

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry. I lost a cat also to an injection site fibrosarcoma. I know the heartache. It has been over two years now

and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. He was only seven and I had a tremendous amount of guilt. My

daughter, who is a vet tech, asked me if I had known the outcome on the day we got him, if I still would have adopted

him, I had to say absolutely. He was my heart kitty and I have some wonderful memories of him which are such a

comfort to me. I know your memories will do the same for you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was far too young.

Godspeed Jojo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thanks, all. It was a very sad night in the house last night. No Jo there waiting for me to finish in the shower so he could play in the tub, no Jo this morning to feed. Pancho has lost his playmate, so he's got to be on top of me all the time. DH took it pretty hard, but he's doing better now - we knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier, does it?

Thanks again. Stupid cancer.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

JoJo sounds like a remarkable cat.

I'm sorry you lost him, especially at a young age.

:bighug

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg