Wallace Has Been For Some Tests

Oh, I see, it's NED that gets happy with the pillow! :lol Yes, that was my poodle's MO, too. He's also hump the cats, but that's another forum! ;)

Glad WALLACE is home and feeling well enough to eat and enjoy life!

Big hugs to the whole family!!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest paulamariez

Wonderful news Wallace! Keep strong and get well! I will keep Wallace in my prayers for a complete recovery!!

Emmy started her meds today and I immediately thought of Wallace and thought I'd see how he was doing. I'm glad he's doing so well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Keep up the good work sweetheart. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What very good news all around Bev! Give that sweet boy a kiss for us here.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Emmy started her meds today and I immediately thought of Wallace and thought I'd see how he was doing. I'm glad he's doing so well.

Funnily enough, I was just coming to find this thread to update after a call from the vet.

The results are back from the ACTH Stimulation test and it seems that Wallace does have Cushings, although as yet, he's not showing the normal clinical signs (typical :rolleyes: ). Helen (vet) is going to have a chat with Adam (referral centre) and will get back to me with the plan of action.

What medication is Emmy taking? Wallace sends her a stripey kiss :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Emmy is on Trilostane. All the research I've done confirms the fact that it has fewer side effects than the other commonly used drugs. You should be able to get it easily there. Here in the states it's hard to come by. We have to get it all the way from New Jersey and because of that it's expensive $138.00 for 2 months. I don't care though if it makes Emmy better. Emmy like Wallace, didn't have all the normal clinical symptoms either which is why she was so hard to diagnose. Trilosane takes about a month to really be effective so we're on countdown now to see how long it takes to make Emmy feel better.

I'll keep the boy in my prayers!

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Hmmm. I wonder if Wallace will be put on that. I was looking at this site earlier http://www.canine-cushings.co.uk/ and found it quite interesting so thought I'd share :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh I forgot to say the other day that we changed Wallace's current painkiller regime. He was having 2 x Tramadol, three times a day (for his neck pain/tremors issue) and that worked well but they wanted me to try to take it down so we went onto 1 x tramadol three times a day, plus 50g of Rimadyl twice a day. However, that doesn't work well enough because the tremors (therefore pain) came back. So now we've knocked out the Rimadyl and gone to 4 tramadol tabs per day and we'll see how we go with that over the next few days :wacko:

• 3 months later...

Almost four months on now, things have gone wrong.

This morning, Wallace started drinking and weeing excessively. He also has rather loose stools. I've spoken to the vet about whether this is the start of active cushings symptoms and it probably is. We have an appointment for this afternoon but as the vet and I discussed on the phone a couple of hours ago - given Wallace's overall condition, would we want to offer treatment? I left it that we would take him in and have a chat but since then, he seems to be rather....I can't say distressed but not as I want him to be. We will still go to his appointment of course but my feeling is that it may be time to bring this to a close. There are three and a half hours to go till our appointment so no decision is yet final (and it could change 245543543 times between now and then). But I don't want him to suffer.

And a big kiss from me too (Wallace is one of my favorites - I still have his pic magnet on my fridge!)...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Aw, Bev. Sending you and Wallace good thoughts and a big hug :grouphug

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Sending prayers and a kiss to most handsome Wallace.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers for precious Wallace. Chanting...he just has a little bug. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hugs Bev... whatever you decide, give that boy a good tight hug.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.