Some Good Thoughts For My Sugar Please

Sugar is 12.5 yrs and has been on heart meds for about three years. Lasix, Enalapril, and Vetmedin. Her acupuncturist also does heart points on her. Lately I have been having to coax her to eat, but mostly she did eat. Yesterday she threw up her breakfast, and wouldn't eat or drink at dinner. Same this morning so we went off to the vet. Her kidney values are way high. :( Vet didn't give me the numbers (we were on the phone), but she knows greys and has been treating Sugar for 5 yrs.

Sugar is going to spend the day at the vet tomorrow on an IV drip for fluids. My understanding is this is to see if we can improve the numbers. My vet will consult with Sugar's cardiologist to see what he wants to do. She won't last long without the heart meds, but if we can't improve her kidney function ...

I am very worried about my sweet little girl.

Edited by Remolacha

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of prayers for your girl. Enalapril is also used to help the kidneys. Misty has been on it for her kidneys for 2 years with really good success.Maybe increasin the dose will help. Please keep us posted

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Lots of prayers for your baby girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending my prayers and white light for your sweet baby girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

A little chant for your little girl:

*Be well, Sugar. Suck up the fluids and get your arithmetic under control so you can go home and get your mom to feed you only the best yummies! ;);)

Be well, Sugar. Suck up the fluids and get your arithmetic under control so you can go home and get your mom to feed you only the best yummies! ;);) Be well, Sugar. Suck up the fluids and get your arithmetic under control so you can go home and get your mom to feed you only the best yummies! ;);) *

And hugs to you!

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Keeping my fingers crossed and sending lots of good thoughts. And hugs for you. :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending lots of prayers for your girl. Enalapril is also used to help the kidneys. Misty has been on it for her kidneys for 2 years with really good success.Maybe increasin the dose will help. Please keep us posted

I didn't know that, thanks!

Guest Snowy8
Sending lots of prayers :grouphug

If you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know :grouphug

Ditto

:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Edited by Snowy8

Sending lots of prayers and white light. :hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so sorry. Kidney problems are the pits & more difficult to treat when I dog has heart probs. However, there are folks who have balanced the two for their dogs. Hopefully you can get those numbers down & then maintain that for a while. Diet will be very important there.

Wishing all the best for Sugar.