Goodbye Paige

juliemac

On Thursday, I had to help Paige to the bridge ... she had had what appears to be a stroke, and while this wasn't the first time she had struggled in the last 6 months, the fact that she let me carry her where she needed to go told me that she was just too tired to go on, and while her spirit was still willing, her frail little body just couldn't keep working for her. She would have been 13 in September.

Paige came to me weeks afer her 11th birthday, having been taken from a bad situation weighing a pitiful 32 #. She wasn't happy in her foster home, and while they cared for her greatly, they knew she just couldn't spend the rest of her days growling and snapping at every dog that moved.

Well, to the day she died, she growled and snapped at every dog that moved. We laughed about that, and Riley learned that Paige was all bark and no bite (not that she didn't WANT it to be all bite). I am still amazed that my friend's 7 hounds accepted all of her growliness without one bit of retaliation ... they KNEW she was an old, crotchety girl who couldn't see all that well and just didn't want to be hurt. Except Yaz, who wanted Paige to be his best friend (poor Yaz ... he never DID get his wish).

I agonized over this ... shouldn't I just increase the number of chiropractic visits or SOMETHING? But when her heart finally stopped beating, she let me know that she was at peace ... no pain, no worries, and most importantly, she KNEW that she was loved and had spent her last years being cared for like the princess that she was.

Goodbye my Paige ...

:gh_run

RainbowSky.jpg

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Prayers for peace and comfort for you. The seniors know what they want and need and it sounds like Paige made herself clear. Her memories will always be in your heart.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry :cry1 Sending many hugs... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Run pain-free sweetie :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Deepest sympathy on the loss of Paige. It's so very hard to say goodbye. :f_pink Heaven must have needed a growly girl.

Thank you, Donna (and all) ... I have some lovely pictures of Paige in her little Red Hat Society hat, including one beautiful hand-drawing that a friend made me. She looks so dignified (we'll never tell, will we?)

I'm glad you were there for her, and I'm very sorry that she's gone. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross