Mazie's Mri Is Done

Guest BooMooandDoo

We will think TONS of positive thoughts for you and Mazie. I understand how you feel. You do what you can and make it work somehow. She is a lucky girl to have you! Keep up posted on her appointments, surgery and progress.

Best of luck!!!! Give Maisy lots of hugs from us too!!!

The Girls

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez... never heard of this problem in a young greyhound. :( Hopefully the MRI will provide a definitive diagnosis. Sending loads of prayers and light to your precious girlie. :hope:candle

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Angel Sophia's first MRI was $1400.00. Her second MRI 1 day later during surgery...was $900.00. Our girl had a ruptured cervical disc per her first MRI. They went in an anterior approach and ran into all these unusual blood vessels and could not proceed with the surgery. They took her back to CT and MRI and they were then able to do a posterior approach and they were able to remove the disc.

Sending my many prayers and white light for your sweet baby. It sounds as though the babe that had the surgery is doing very well. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am sending mega loads of prayers your way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We were facing a similar situation with our 2 year old - LS diagnosis based on the initial tests and exams.

We went ahead with the MRI, and we also had an EMG done at the same time - to test the nerve function in his hind legs. The grand total was $2500 for both tests. The MRI alone was like $1800 (in Boston).

Everything came back normal, except for a malformation in his back that may or may not cause his issues. No signs of LS at all. Normal nerve function.

I believe it's very hard to diagnose LS without an MRI, and for us, it made the difference between a correct and incorrect diagnosis.

Good luck with the exam.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

After many tears a vey long talk, DH and I decided that we will do anything it takes within reason to give Mazie a chance at a normal life. I didn't realize how much that pup has touched my heart until we were faced with the issue of doing what's best for her. . .even if it was euthanasia. I came home last night and she snuggled up next to me with her head on my baby belly (I'm :preggo ) and I told DH that we had to give her a chance.

We have a MRI scheduled for the 23rd, and are prepared to go ahead with surgery. The vet said that we could wait a few weeks as long as we keep her quiet, comfortable, and pain free. .. so we are taking that time to get our ducks in a row. Mazie would have no life being crated 80% of the time, and the thoughts of my life without her was way to unbearable. She's young, has a zest for life, and she deserves a chance!

Any good thoughts you can muster for my Moosie-girl would be appreciated!

All the prayers and good thoughts in the world coming for Mazie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG! Sending lots and lots of love and prayers for Miss Mazie Moo! :grouphug:hope

(And congrats on your baby belly!)

Oh Lori - so sorry to hear this. But, it sounds like you are making the right decision - the only decision that can be made, what is best for your pup. Prayers for a very successful surgery from us.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Sending prayers for Mazie. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending loads of healing light and prayers. She's too young to be faced with this. :(

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.