Mama Rollo Fell Down

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

When I got home from work tonight, poor Mama got a little too excited and did a quick turn and fell down and got tangled up in her own legs. She appears to be a little sore already, poor baby! She is walking alright, but when she stands still, her back end sinks a bit. I'm trying not to panic but with her 14th bday coming up in a few weeks, I panic pretty easy. I'll keep an eye on her for now and if she appears to be in any further discomfort, I'll take her up to the vet.

Thanks for listening.... and if you could spare a good thought or two, we would appreciate it!

and just because.. here is a picture of my little trooper.

FH000018-2.jpg

Oh little sweetie....please be careful. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greytbookert
Oh little sweetie....please be careful. :grouphug

Same to Pave! I just saw your post about her scrape, I hope she leaves it alone and it heals.

awww, poor thing! I hope she has no lasting effects :grouphug:hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Poor Mama... Heal quickly. Do you have any liniment handy Deb? Maybe a gentle rub down and getting some heat into her muscles will help her.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest greytbookert
Poor Mama... Heal quickly. Do you have any liniment handy Deb? Maybe a gentle rub down and getting some heat into her muscles will help her.

hmmm no linament but I have put a little heating pad on her and she's lying here beside me snoring, loudly! :blink:

It's hell to get old, isn't it? I'm with you Mama Rollo....I feel it every day! Be careful, sweet girl...your birthday is coming!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Bless her heart. She is such a pretty girl, I hope she feels better real soon. :bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest crazy4greys

Awwww, Momma Rollo I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug

Try icing it. It will help any inflammation to go down, better than heat.

Guest greytbookert

Just a quick update on Mama... this little girlie never ceases to amaze me. We just came in from last turn out and the little stinker was doing her sprints :lol So I guess she feels ok. She does have a little scrape on her leg but her back end seems to be normal, well normal for her. She is a pretty old 13+... come to think of it, she was an old 11 year old when she came home to us!

this just reminds me and confirms to me that every day with her is precious.

Thanks for the warm wishes and I'll update if anything changes....

G'night all!

Guest poopsie1
Just a quick update on Mama... this little girlie never ceases to amaze me. We just came in from last turn out and the little stinker was doing her sprints :lol So I guess she feels ok. She does have a little scrape on her leg but her back end seems to be normal, well normal for her. She is a pretty old 13+... come to think of it, she was an old 11 year old when she came home to us!

this just reminds me and confirms to me that every day with her is precious.

Thanks for the warm wishes and I'll update if anything changes....

G'night all!

Good girl, Mama. You be careful sweetie and stop scaring your Mommy. Glad she's doing better.

Guest vahoundlover

AWWWWW sweetie :wub: please stop scaring your mom. Glad she seems to be ok.

Allan thinks we should wrap Boss (13.5) up in bubble wrap to keep him safe. :lol

Awww. They start to get a little fragile at that age. I noticed that Nevada started to loose her balance more often as she got around 14-15 years old. Give her kisses from me........

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Awww, I hope she feels better soon. I know how you feel, I watched my almost 13 fall down a flight of stairs (he was fine) and fall in the kitchen one night. I actually had to help him stand back up again. It sucks when they get old and things like this happen.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest TBSFlame
When I got home from work tonight, poor Mama got a little too excited and did a quick turn and fell down and got tangled up in her own legs. She appears to be a little sore already, poor baby! She is walking alright, but when she stands still, her back end sinks a bit. I'm trying not to panic but with her 14th bday coming up in a few weeks, I panic pretty easy. I'll keep an eye on her for now and if she appears to be in any further discomfort, I'll take her up to the vet.

Thanks for listening.... and if you could spare a good thought or two, we would appreciate it!

FH000018-2.jpg

What a cutie. Tessie is always falling b/c she is feeble but has to be right in the middle of everything. I worry about her too.

Guest greytbookert

FH000018-2.jpg

What a cutie. Tessie is always falling b/c she is feeble but has to be right in the middle of everything. I worry about her too.

Mama has to be in the thick of things too! If I had to describe Mama, it would be that of a Tom Boy. She isn't the typical dainty/lady-like image like many broodies (like my Sahra). Mama is as sweet as pie but she really does have to be in the middle of all the action :lol

Oh and she is doing just fine this morning! She is tougher than I thought :blush

Polli says, Ms. Mama Rolla, please, us mommas have to be careful! We're not as young as we used to be!

Hope you feel better soon.

Love, Polli

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project