Frosty Had A Bad Accident At The Dog Park

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FullMetalFrank

Ouch, that looks painful. Hopefully it's nothing but a strain/bruising. Poor little girlie! Feel better soon, OK? (She just looks so sad in those pics!)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Frosty, she does look sad. That's a nasty bruise and cut. I hope she starts to feel better today and hoping her shoulder is okay. Hopefully the pain med help. She's in our prayers :hope:hope

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, poor baby. Please keep us posted. I pray it is not a broken shoulder.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Ouch! :( Your poor lil' pupper... sending lots of prayers and light. Let us know the x-ray result. :goodluck

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

How horrible! Poor Frosty and you! I bet she wrenched her shoulder badly and that's causing her to scream. If it were broken I don't think she could even walk on that leg at all. Sending healing hugs to Frosty!

My thoughts are with you and your poor Frosty! What a terrible experience...I hope so much that it's only a sprain and nothing is broken.

Frosty is so beautiful...poor girl.

My very best wishes for a speedy recovery!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Just got home :confetti No break! YAY! She is swollen, they took an x-ray, they found a joint mouse....something I have never heard of....they said it may have happened yesterday or she may have had it for a while. It looks like a little piece of cartilage broke off and is just floating there. They will keep an eye on it. If she keeps limping after all has healed, they will take another look at it. Good news also was that they wanted to see if there were any tumors in the shoulder where they are common...NO tumors! :yay :yay :yay

Dh took her out to try to go pee (she hadn't gone since 3am) and he said she left some pee mail and marked it urgent and used her bum leg 2 times while marking it urgent. He was excited like she magically feels better...but i reminded him she had just taken her tramadol.

I feel much better knowing it is just a bad soft tissue injury...peace of mind feels wonderful!!!!

Thanks for everyones well wishes! It really means a lot!

Guest FrostyBottoms
Glad to hear it's not a break! :) So, maybe some arnica to help with the bruising, and some rescue remedy to help with healing and trauma?

Gentle hugs to you all!! :bighug

What is arnica? I have never heard of it....I didn't think of rescue remedy...that should help.

No break! That's great news (though I bet Frosty would say that doesn't make it hurt less).

Ear rubs for your wounded girl...

Marc

and wags from Auntie Nadia

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Poor Frosty. I'm so glad the xrays were good. Feel better soon sweetie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:yay:yay So good to hear good news. Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is good for pain and for bruises. It comes in a pill form and a gel. The only problem I find in using pill form is it is really supposed to be put under the tounge to disolve so I like using the gel.You can also disolve it in an eye dropper with a little water and squirt it in the mouth. Great stuff

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless