It's Flash

Wabi can send you some of her dandelions! :D (In the milk thistle family with similar effects, y'see!)

Chanting: *Flashy is FINE! Flashy is FINE! Heck, Flashy is one FINE specimen of doggy FINEness!!*

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest TriciasZoo

Oh Patti, you know I'm here for you. We went through lymphoma together. If you need anything, please just let me know. Even if you just need to talk or some virtual hugs. You and Flash are in my thoughts and prayers. :bighug :bighug :bighug

Hugs for you and big hugs for the Flashman.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oh geez... :( Not Flashy. :cry1 Might want to put him on Milk Thistle for liver support in the meanwhile. Sending lots of prayers to your precious boy. :hope

I agree that you should put him on Milk Thistle. It's a natural supplement and is safe.

Rich

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

Thanks to all. We go back on May 1st for a recheck. :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My very best wishes for sweet Flashman...hoping that it's nothing serious!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Thanks everyone. I will update as soon as we know anything~I am also prepared to contact Dr. Couto for guidance if needed. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Sending loving thoughts to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers that it was just some weird, one-time cbc artifact.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

George had elevated ALT at one point (after taking Valerian Root extract every day, on the advice of our vet, to calm him when he was new). We took him off it, gave him Milk Thistle, it went back down!

Have you been giving Flash any sort of supplements you might not have thought to mention to the vet?

We tend to think of "natural" remedies as harmless...

The vet admitted to me later that there are no studies on the use of Valerian Root in dogs--but I found dozens of articles and web sites saying people who have liver problems should never take it. She wasn't sure what to make of that.

My point is, don't freak out too much. Lab work can be screwed up, and ALT can be elevated from any sort of physical trauma (so my vet told me) even falling in the car on the way to the vet.

Susan

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

George had elevated ALT at one point (after taking Valerian Root extract every day, on the advice of our vet, to calm him when he was new). We took him off it, gave him Milk Thistle, it went back down!

Have you been giving Flash any sort of supplements you might not have thought to mention to the vet?

We tend to think of "natural" remedies as harmless...

The vet admitted to me later that there are no studies on the use of Valerian Root in dogs--but I found dozens of articles and web sites saying people who have liver problems should never take it. She wasn't sure what to make of that.

My point is, don't freak out too much. Lab work can be screwed up, and ALT can be elevated from any sort of physical trauma (so my vet told me) even falling in the car on the way to the vet.

Susan

Flash is just on Glucosamine/MSM/Chn. Also his soloxine. It isn't his ALT it's his GGT and AST and low specific gravity and protein in the urine. We are praying that it was just an off day for the Flashman. He gets VERY worked up and nervous at the vet...but then he always has so I don't think that this would be a factor. :blush

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

AST is not real specific. Yes it is elevated for liver issues but it can be elevated for other issues too. ALT is more liver specific. When I was learning about them in med tech school I remembered them as AST for assorted things and ALT a liver test. GGT is a bit more specific to liver but it is also very quick to go up. I know this isn't the issue with him but I remember that if someone drinks a bunch of alcohol it can make the test elevated. So it could be a more transient reaction to something he got into. If his ALT was up that would be more indicative of liver problems. So, fingers crossed that he ate some junk in the yard and needs to get it out of his system.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!