Prayers For Cannon

Guest cannonsmom

Guest cannonsmom

Dr G decided that it was best to start Cannons chemo tomorrow morning so that we could be with him over the weekend while we were off from work.

I put in a last minute email to Dr. Couto this afternoon while at work and had to leave before I could get a response; it was 5pm.

I have this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. The same crazy feeling I had 3 weeks ago when he went in for his amp. Its possible that I may be overreacting here but....this whole OS thing has me freaked out. I just want to do right by my boy.

maybe I am feeling this way because of last nights heavy breathing episode, maybe its because his pink freckles have turned brown/black.

All I know is that this is really hard on me and I am trying hard not to stress him out too. Please pray for my boy as he goes back to the vet tomorrow for his first round of chemo-----that nothing should go wrong, and that he stays strong as I desperately am trying to do for him. :candle:hope

Will keep your precious boy in my prayers for his first round of chemo to be filled with grace and ease. Also sending you good thoughts of strength and an open loving heart through this whole process. Your deep love for Cannon will get you through this. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I was so scared before Darcy's first chemo treatment. It was a very strange feeling sending her for that first one. Thinking good thoughts for you and for Cannon :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending positive thoughts. Everything should be okay, and Cannon is getting an earlier start fighting the cancer. What are they giving him? :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

sending prayers your way!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest KRKWMU

Good luck as Cannon starts chemo. I understand your feelings. I was on the flip side though as Bonnie started chemo. Every minute, hour and day that we didn't start chemo, I worried that the cancer was taking over her body. I was relieved when that medication started.

We want to make the best decisions for our hounds...there's no doubting that. Take care. Let us know how Cannon does this next week.

Guest HeatherDemps

Prayers that everything will go smoothly- as I am sure it will!!

I was very scared about Dempsey's first chemo treatment as well. I would suggest asking for Cerenia for appetite/nausea and med for the Big D. After the first treatment, Dempsey's appetite disappeared fairly quickly and the Big D showed up about a week later. After #2 and #3, it was only about 4 days before it happened. This time, it was the next day. We didn't have the meds after the first one and having them on hand has made it much easier on him.

Best wishes to you during this time. :)

I know what you are feeling...I went through it with Angel LaceyLaine. Know that I hold you both in my heart and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

We are continuing to send lots of prayers to Cannon (and hugs to you). Let us know how he does today.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Sending Prayers and White Light for Cannon. I just wanted to get started with the chemo with Dennis. He did fine. He had a pattern following his chemo. Two days after the chemo he would throw up once. That was it. He was tired for a few days after the chemo.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)