Hobbes One Week Update

It's been one week since the diagnosis of cancer and as usual with Hobbes, you can never tell how things will progress. His blood work came back with good results for his Liver and other values with the some of the figures showing that he had something going on indicating the cancer. (I wish I had a better head for remembering the numbers and what they all mean.) He also had a nasty urinary tract infection so he has been treated for that. The Prednisone dose was increased which has led to a significant shrinking of the large tumor on his back. The other three small ones have shrunk to the size of a bug bite and are now flat. Tramadol twice a day was added at the end of the week for any discomfort. If the large one continues to shrink, we won't have to deal with any surgery for removal.

All in all, he is very comfortable, content and eating up a storm. We are continuing to live day-to-day and his birthday is on Weds. He is being spoiled, taken for his favorite rides, been treated with vanilla ice cream, buttered croissants, beef stew and whatever his little heart desires. These are two photos taken last Saturday - he still looks pretty chipper. You can see the tumor in the 1st photo on top of his spine. Life has felt normal (in spite of the ugly lump on his back) and as long as he is happy and pain-free, we are happy!

Hobbesstanding3-29a.jpg

In this photo Hobbes was on his way to get a cookie bone. We have his total attention.

Hobbes3-29a.jpg

I will post some birthday pictures on Weds. - April 2nd - 14years for my boy Hobbes.

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Beautiful Hobbes :wub: :wub: So glad he seems to be doing so well. I bet his birthday is going to be amazing! :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Awwwwww... he's looking good. :wub: Sending some early birthday smooches to your sweetie. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm glad things are going well with lovely Hobbes and I look forward to reading about his birthday celebrations on 2nd :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

And a-one, and a-two: *Tumors are shrinking, going, going ... GONE! Tumors are shrinking, going, going ... GONE! Tumors are shrinking, going, going ... GONE!*

And that is going to be one happy birthday! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sending many Birthday Hugs and more prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover

I'm glad he's doing so well. I'll join Xan chanting away.....

*Tumors are shrinking, going, going ... GONE! Tumors are shrinking, going, going ... GONE! Tumors are shrinking, going, going ... GONE!*

Guest KRKWMU

Hobbes is very handsome. Glad to hear that the tumors are shrinking and he's eating so well. I'll be chanting along with everyone else!

Have a greyt birthday, Hobbes! :wub: