Kia

gazehund

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. There is a wonderful white faced brindle boy not long at the bridge who will run with Kia. Danny would only run if another greyhound was in the field, maybe Kia will pace herself for him.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

There was an amazing storm down our way on Monday night and now that I stop to think about it, Kia and Cassie must have been having a hay day up in the heavens above!! :lol I was thinking it was thunder? H*LL NO, it was our girls doing fly bys ;)

It's been a while since Cassie had someone who knew what they were doing running around an having some real fun so I know Kia is among good company :D

They were so alike in so many ways so I know they are all ok and looking down upon us.

I am so sorry and wish there was more words.

GOD SPEED KIA :angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

Guest TriciasZoo

I am sorry I am just catching up. This breaks my heart. I am so very sorry for you. I'm sending all my love and hugs.

Edited by TriciasZoo

Thanks everybody, we are doing o.k. We miss our little crazy monkey so much but each day is a little better.

Kia was the fun police in our house. SHE could have as much fun as she wanted to but God help another hound (or even worse, my poor kitten) if THEY wanted to play. She would be in their faces (or dragging Jammie the kitten across the room by his ruff), barking at them and just being.....well.....Kia.

In that regard, the house is much more peaceful. Bones and Pearl are playing more than they ever have before. Kia NEVER challenged Future (nor do the other two hounds; his world never changes much) but Bones and Pearl seem more relaxed today.

Jammie can get in the middle of the floor, play with a toy without getting pounced on and becoming the toy. He never complained, she never hurt him, but I think he is happier.

We miss her, we love her and always will, but gads she was a handful. :wub:

Edited by gazehund

Nancy....

Without sweet Kia who will help you with your gardening this spring!! :blush Those stories were too funny!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest ShelbyzMom
Nancy....

Without sweet Kia who will help you with your gardening this spring!! :blush Those stories were too funny!!

Future may assist. He would chime in with the digging, but she always instigated it. Little nut ball!

Maybe this spring Future will just take over gardening duties :wub:

Kia was the fun police in our house. SHE could have as much fun as she wanted to but God help another hound

if THEY wanted to play.

Nancy, Mindy says, if you need her to come down & keep them hounds

in line, just let her know.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by nyGreys

Thanks everybody, we are doing o.k. We miss our little crazy monkey so much but each day is a little better.

Kia was the fun police in our house. SHE could have as much fun as she wanted to but God help another hound (or even worse, my poor kitten) if THEY wanted to play. She would be in their faces (or dragging Jammie the kitten across the room by his ruff), barking at them and just being.....well.....Kia.

In that regard, the house is much more peaceful. Bones and Pearl are playing more than they ever have before. Kia NEVER challenged Future (nor do the other two hounds; his world never changes much) but Bones and Pearl seem more relaxed today.

Jammie can get in the middle of the floor, play with a toy without getting pounced on and becoming the toy. He never complained, she never hurt him, but I think he is happier.

We miss her, we love her and always will, but gads she was a handful. :wub:

Nancy, I am just reading this now. I avoid reading remembrance e-mails at work but when I say Kia's name I knew right away your sweet girl had gone to the bridge. I am so sorry to hear this and am very glad you're doing OK.

She was a sweet girlie and I's so glad I got to meet her. Sending hugs and wishes that the pain will turn into sweet memories.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thousands of hugs & kisses for you , your family, & your greybabies. Kia struck me as a girl that never did things in halves. I bet she's up there, tearing up turf & giving God grief has we speak.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Guest jackjack
:f_red:f_red Oh dear! So sorry to hear of your loss of Kia. Please take care of yourself and your family during what has to be a difficult time.

:cry1 I'm so very sorry. You are in my thoughts.

:gh_run

RainbowSky.jpg

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry. :grouphug What a beautiful, happy girl. :candle

Godspeed Kia, run with all the angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry Nancy :(:grouphug

What a terrible shock for you :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

It's hard to believe that Kia followed her "little" brother, Cullen, to the Bridge less than three weeks after he went there.

I got to meet Kia just once when she and Nancy visited us in CT last July just before we moved to SC. Both Kia and Cullen were healthy and happy then and we had a great time together, along with their other brother, Merlin. It really was a happy family reunion. The expressions on those faces were incredibly similar.

Kia was about as sweet as her mother was. Her name was Sweet Touch and it suited her well; sweetness really ran through that family. I will never forget that July day when we all met for the first and only time nor will I ever forget sweet Kia. We will all miss you, sweetie.

Marcia

:f_white :f_white Nancy...I just saw this and I'm in tears...how could I miss this thread of Kia's passing...I'm so very sorry for the sudden loss

of your beloved Kia...you are in my thoughts, Nancy :bighug Hugs to you!

Run free sweet Kia... :gh_run

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.