More Updates On Dude And Pictures.....

Guest LdiSaphire

I have been following this thread and hoping for the best. I know what it's like to be touch and go. Here's to a happy ending to a horrible tragedy! I hope grandma has a steak ready to throw on the grill for you, Dude! :confetti:yay:clap :clap

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's such wonderful news and I'm so glad you get to bring your boy home today.

I'm happy he can be spoiled and Grandma's house while you finish your move...good luck with that.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest EmbersDad

woohoo! :confetti

and to rip off a wee bit of doughtry

"...I'm going home,

Back to the place where I belong,

And where your love has always been enough for me....."

Guest TBSFlame
DUDES COMING HOME!!!!!....

The vet and I talked this morning and in the wee hours of the morning Dude pulled his IV out...and then started whining because he needed to use the bathroom...they got him up and he walked outside and went to the bathroom by himself!!!!!....He's drinking a little and sniffing his food...but won't eat still...but the vet thinks it's because he's not home...blood panels are normal...the vet said he can come home this afternoon...he is walking with a really funny gait and still a little unsteady but is getting better...when he walks he is taking really high steps like he's marching...the vet says it's because he is reacquainting with his muscles....he says it may take us 2 or 3 weeks to return completely to normal...but as long as we don't have any relapses that home is the best place for him...and he thinks he should make a full recovery!!!!...he said to take it easy with him for the next week...so he will actually go to my mom's for the next week so we can finish moving...but she loves him ALMOST as much as I do and I know he'll be one spoiled pupper....and I spend a lot of time there anyway....and it's nice and quiet there....so it's the best place for him right now...thanks so much everyone for your awesome support and prayers...MY BABY IS COMING HOME!!!!

This is wonderful news. :yay

That's great news. I'm so happy for you!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Hurry home sweetheart...and tell your hoomans :P to post some piccies of your handsome self real soon! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Yay for Dude!!! I was so happy to read your happy news!!! Keep up the good work and get strong for your Mommy!

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest greytelectric
DUDES COMING HOME!!!!!....

The vet and I talked this morning and in the wee hours of the morning Dude pulled his IV out...and then started whining because he needed to use the bathroom...they got him up and he walked outside and went to the bathroom by himself!!!!!....He's drinking a little and sniffing his food...but won't eat still...but the vet thinks it's because he's not home...blood panels are normal...the vet said he can come home this afternoon...he is walking with a really funny gait and still a little unsteady but is getting better...when he walks he is taking really high steps like he's marching...the vet says it's because he is reacquainting with his muscles....he says it may take us 2 or 3 weeks to return completely to normal...but as long as we don't have any relapses that home is the best place for him...and he thinks he should make a full recovery!!!!...he said to take it easy with him for the next week...so he will actually go to my mom's for the next week so we can finish moving...but she loves him ALMOST as much as I do and I know he'll be one spoiled pupper....and I spend a lot of time there anyway....and it's nice and quiet there....so it's the best place for him right now...thanks so much everyone for your awesome support and prayers...MY BABY IS COMING HOME!!!!

YIPEE! Greyt news! Now spoil him ROTTEN!

Hoping your sweet boy is home by now, settling in and finding something yummy to eat. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Wonderful news!!! :yay:confetti:yay I am so glad you are moving. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh, that is wonderful news. Hoping that he improves every day, and starts eating.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I just saw this thread - how very scary for you and your family. So glad that Dude is coming home and we think Gramma's are the best with sick and recouperating puppers. We did some pupper sitting over the holidays and one of Gracie's slumber party buddies stopped eating for two and a half days - we tried everything, liver, beef, steak, chicken, liver even prime rib - I finally got him to eat when I was eating some crunchy homemade peanut butter cookies and he came up and waited for me to share with him. biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif You might try something unusual for him but that he always pays attention to when you eat it! I wish you luck as we know how scary it is when they don't eat for so long. Lots of prayers and continued healing thoughts for your baby. We are glad to have you back here on the site especially after everything you have been through now and recently. Please keep us updated and maybe add some of your favorite photos so we can help to continue to "see" him healthy while we are sending up our prayers.

What a wonderful thing to read for the first post of the day! I have just opened up GT and went straight here to see how Dude was doing - and I see he's not only home, but eating and drinking tons! YAY for Dude! :yay

And Yay for the vets, vet techs, you, and 'Grandma' and everyone else who is so dedicatedly helping your big guy recover. :yay

I'm so happy to hear the good news! :confetti

Now we're gonna start bugging you for pictures!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest vahoundlover
DUDES HOME!!!!! ...I got to the vets and went over everything with him...he said we're not out of the woods yet but he's definitely turned the corner....he goes back Friday for a checkup and sooner if we have any questions at all....we left the vet about 3:45 and had him at grandma's house by 4...he went straight in and put his front paws on her futon....he's having a difficult time getting his back paws off the ground to go up the couple of stairs on the porch and to crawl onto the futon so we're using a sling to help with his back end....anyway he went up on the futon and laid down and settled right in...my mom took his water bowl to him and offered it...AND HE DRANK THE WHOLE BOWL....so next we offered a hotdog with his antibiotics in it...he wolfed it down...so I fixed him a bowl of kibble with his favorite canned food in it and HE ATE THE WHOLE THING IN NO TIME FLAT....as of tonight my baby is resting comfortably at grandma's house...he's gone out a couple times to potty....and is pretty worn out now...to be expected after the long day he's had...this is the most activity he's done in a week...he'll be getting daily massages to help with the stiff muscles...and lots of loving....and of course his antibiotics and ointment for the multiple bedsores....I spent the evening at my mom's with him and every move I made he had his eyes glued to me...he wanted me right by his side....and even lifted his chin for scritches at one point and did his little moaning thing when I scritched him....and when he went to sleep before I left he was relaxed and wolfing and chasing furry bunnies in his sleep...MY BIG BOY IS HOME!!!!!

Words can't express how happy I am Dude is home, eating and drinking!!! Thank you doG!!!!

:banana:pepper:banana:pepper:banana:pepper:banana:pepper:banana:pepper:banana:pepper