Flecka Update - Sunday Night ... 2/17

Guest MomofCash

Guest jettcricket

Oh geez...that sucks. I'm so sorry. And your right she's so young and such a beautiful girl...I lost my first greyhound, Chance, to osteo at 5 so I know how you are feeling.

It's just not fair...not fair at all.

Sending prayers to you and your family....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for Flecka...........

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

sending prayers and hugs for Flecka and you guys!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Ah no. What to say. I really don't know. Your baby. :grouphug:cry1

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

This is so sad. I am sorry for the diagnosis. I hope your vet will be able to do something to help your beautiful girl.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Oh Gail I'm so sorry :(

Is Flecka seeing the folks in Mandeville? The Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center? IF so the folks there are wonderful and the docs are amazing people.

This sounds similar to what we went through with Weenie :( Swelling in the abdominal area, xrays, ultrasound's and all those things pretty much showed what it sounds like they are seeing in Flecka.

Needle biopsy of masses were taken but didn't show much cause I guess Hemangio the cells are tightly packed and it's hard to get a true positive to that is what it is.

Some Positive? Weenie did respond well to the Diuretics and we were able to share another good month together.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

IF you need someone to chat with or just cry with, feel free to give me a call.

Edited by GreysAndMoreGreys

Guest MomofCash
Oh Gail I'm so sorry :(

Is Flecka seeing the folks in Mandeville? The Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center? IF so the folks there are wonderful and the docs are amazing people.

This sounds similar to what we went through with Weenie :( Swelling in the abdominal area, xrays, ultrasound's and all those things pretty much showed what it sounds like they are seeing in Flecka.

Needle biopsy of masses were taken but didn't show much cause I guess Hemangio the cells are tightly packed and it's hard to get a true positive to that is what it is.

Some Positive? Weenie did respond well to the Diuretics and we were able to share another good month together.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

IF you need someone to chat with or just cry with, feel free to give me a call.

No Heather - Norm brought her to Dr. Katherine Garron in LaPlace ... just a few minutes from the house and an internist.

I just got home from work and fed her some chicken and gave her the 2 pills ... she wagged her tail, met me at the door ... at least that made me happy but made me cry too. I'm waiting on a call back again from the vet because I need to know if all this fluid will ... well, for no other way to say it ... make her go in her sleep. I just have no idea. I don't know if I should tell Trinity now, I just don't know ...

I don't know what to do ... I suppose I just need to wait to get the fluid results back on Thursday and see if/what it shows. Do I get a week, a month, 2 months ... I just don't want her to suffer in any way, shape or form ...

This time of year is just ironic ... my Dad died in February, we had to put our cocker down in February of 2003, my Mom passed on the 13th of February in 2003 and tomorrow is 5 years. We got Cash a week after Mama passed ... she was my savior ... and I'm babbling ... and crying ...

I just told Norm that I tried to prepare myself that it would be Cash, with her being almost 10 ... in no way, shape or form did I prepare for it to be Flecka at just 5 ...

Thanks for the offer of the shoulder ... I may need it ...

Thanks everybody ...

This was Flecka on Christmas morning ... she just can't stand to NOT be where everyone else is, even if it meant being covered in wrapping paper ... :wub:

Flecka_Christmas.jpg

{{{{{{{{{{Gail}}}}}}}}}}

My heart goes out to you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many many :hope for you and her....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so sorry, and I know how painful this is for you.

Skittle had just turned 5 when we lost her last year. The ultrasound did show a slightly enlarged liver, but no masses. They didn't find a shunt or anything else they suspected.

She went into full-blown liver failure despite the best of care 24/7 at that clinic.

Keeping you and Flecka close to my heart and in my thoughts :grouphug :grouphug