Update On Chance

Hallie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you and your sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I"m heartbroken for you. :cry1 Cherish your remaining time with your sweet boy, take lots of pictures, and spoil him rotten with his favorite treats. I pray for a gentle transition to a place with no pain. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I've made arrangements for Chance to cross over tonight (Thursday). He had a miserable night last night, is not eating or drinking. He whines and moans constantly. My vet, who had offered to come to the house to help him over the bridge, can't make it until Saturday. I don't want to put any of us through that long wait. Another local vet offered to do it in her office after hours this evening at 7:45. I really didn't want to have to take him, but he will sleep peacefully and pain-free tonight for the first time in weeks.

So please think of us tonight. Even though I know we are freeing him, the thought of life without him is heartbreaking. :brokenheart

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest charmsmom

My heart is with you. It's a difficult decision for sure, but that's why they call it That Terrible Decision of LOVE. Bless you and take care of yourself. Gentle hugs to you both and a safe, painless journey to Chance.

Guest Winterwish

:cry1 Keeping your boy Chance and his loving family in my thoughts and prayers Nancy.

I'm so,so sorry. :grouphug:gh_child:grouphug:candle

Edited by Winterwish

May peace and comfort be with you. It's because we love them so much that it's so heartbreaking. Chance will forever be in your heart. He knows you love him. Hugs.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am so sorry. My heart hurts for you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest mom2maddiebug

No words can say how sorry I am for your loss. I'm crying and I don't even know you or your pup. :cry1 Just know he's not in anymore pain and he'll be watching over you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He is at peace now.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry. Take comfort in knowing your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. This really is hard to take. 2008 is not starting out good for a lot of greys.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry. :grouphug:hope

:candle Godspeed Chance... run with all the angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg