Dweebis Kaneebis

Guest greyhoundobsession

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg, I am so sorry. I remember all your posts about Dweebis, you clearly loved him so much. I can't imagine what you are going through. I am so sad for you. :grouphug

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

Sigh. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest kathymadej

I am so VERY sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you. Kathy

I haven't been on GT in a long time, but I used to spend a lot of time here and grew to know and love so many people and their greys because of GT. I see that a lot of you are still here.

2 days ago a friend leaving my house closed the gate but it didn't latch...I don't know why. The snow maybe. Anyway, it appeared latched from the door. My friend let the dogs out and Dweebis and Candy both got out, Candy pushed the gate open. My friend was able to get Candy back within a minute of them getting out but Dweebis had already gotten out of sight. My friend came and woke me up and I jumped in my car to go look for him. It was 6:30 in the morning and pitch black outside. About 20 minutes later I found him just over a mile away...he had been hit by a car who left the scene, on a dark 40 mph road. He had somehow gotten a couple of houses up the street and collapsed in a driveway. The people there had him covered with a blanket. He was awake and seemed alert but he wasn't moving...only his head and his front legs a little bit. I rushed him to the e-vet. Dweebis had internal bleeding, his spine was crushed, and his back hips had multiple fractures. His back legs were paralyzed. I think they said his kidney and spleen were bleeding. The vet said the car had most likely run over him.

They brought him in to me and told me that he may go at any time. Thank god that I found him in time to hold him again and look into his eyes. Thank god he knew I was there. He put his little paw up on my shoulder and he looked at me and he started breathing strange, and I told the vet to send him to the bridge, and I held him and kissed him as he went.

I don't know what else to say. Everyone here knows how crucial it is to keep your hounds safe, but you can't hear it enough.

Sometimes it's like a dream that he's gone, like right now as I write this. It doesn't seem real. Dweebis changed my life, he taught me so much. He was my heart and my love and my everything. He was silly and weird and he never did a single bad thing in his life. I remember when I first got him, the garbage can was in the kitchen and it was the kind without a lid or anything. He went in there one day and came walking into the living room where I was, with his ears up and looking at me all cute and he had a cheese wrapper hanging from his mouth. It was the funniest, cutest thing ever for some reason the way he was looking at me with that cheese wrapper like "Look what I got!". I took it and he watched me put it back in the garbage can and I told him no while pointing to the garbage, and he never once got into the garbage again. I didn't have to get one with a lid until Girliekins came along about 8 months later.

Some of you here know Becky (Broodmama). Besides me and my husband she probably knew Dweebis better than anyone. I remember the first time Dweebis let anyone besides me pet him without him shuddering in fear....it was Becky when we took Dweebis with us to Abilene 6 months after I got him. That was also the first time he played with a toy...he had toys all around him at the house and never touched a single one until that trip when he suddenly picked up Becky's dog Eddie's stuffed bone and went crazy with it for about 10 seconds.

I'll always remember the first time Dweebis wagged his tail for me, the first time he cuddled with Girliekins, the first time he cockroached, the first time he dared to lay on a dog bed, the first time he roo'd, the first time he put his little paw on my shoulder like that....everything with him was a first and every first was a million baby steps to help him gain enough confidence. He was the most innocent and loving creature, and finally the most trusting soul I have ever seen. I was his world as much as he was mine. He didn't deserve for his life to be cut short like this.

I am so sorry my little man. I hope you are running free with Girliekins at the bridge, where there are no slippery floors.

Click here to see a cute video of Dweebis being Dweebis

l_731c297482ea93446de15ce96fcfef51.jpg

I was speechless after reading what happened to Dweebis. It's just heart-breaking. I am so, so sorry. :grouphug:f_white

Glad you found him and were able to say good-bye, and that the last thing he felt was your love.

Run free Dweebis, sweet boy... :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greytmonty

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am glad you could hold him and love him as he passed away. I hope you find some comfort in your happy memories of such a special member of your family.

I'm so very sorry :f_red All our sympathy.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

How sad...I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross