Godspeed Clay!

lovinggreysslp

With great sadness, we helped Clay cross the bridge this morning. He fought a long and hard battle against IBD and PLE but last night we were no longer able to make him comfortable and he lost the ablility to stand up. His passing was very peaceful.

Clay came bouncing into our lives four years ago as he pranced into retirement off a greyhound bus, flashed his bright toothy smile and stole the digital camera right off the wrist of our greyhound group's president. The crowd of volunteers all wondered who would be this spit fire greyhound's foster home. The president of our group pointed her finger at me and I remember saying NO! So began our travels and stories with Clayboy. While his antics died down a bit this past year, he continued to get into as much mischief as he could. Just a few short days ago, he managed to get out of a long sleeved tshirt he was wearing (to keep him warm). He only liked one tshirt, an old one with teddy bears that our skin kids had worn to bits. He apparently did not like the camoflauge one I had put on him so he "took it off". Now you try to figure out how he managed to do it! Some of you may remember stories of our waking up in the middle of the night to a thud and finding a dresser drawer on the floor. Then there was the time I tried to open a dresser drawer only to find that Clay had chewed the knobs right off. One of my favoite tricks was trying to get dressed for our early morning walk and after unsucessfully trying to get my undergarment on, finding that he had chewed both bra straps off!

I can only imagine what havock Clay is creating in heaven right now. Clay had a rap sheet a mile long and had received coal from Santa four years running. I also know that he really did have a heart of gold and I do believe God will understand his naughty deeds.

Godspeed sweet boy! Your family misses you.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your greyhound group's Prez was a smart cookie who knew the best place for Clay. Smart boy prancing off the bus and into your heart. I am so sorry for your loss.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :bighug Perhaps your new angel will guide another mischievious grey your way, to fill his shoes and keep you laughing. Godspeed, sweet Clay... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a wonderful bag of memories and laughs you have of Clay. I love the boys who keep us on our toes. Run free sweet Clay. May you find the peace and comfort you deserve. I am sorry.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry to hear of Clay's passing. It's always hard letting go of someone so special, as he obviously was!

The Bridge will be a livelier place with him there as he awaits the arrival of those who loved him in this life....

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--isaac

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Im so sorry! :grouphug

I'm so glad you said YES you'd foster him!

Godspeed Clay! I bet you're prancing and smiling at the bridge!

f_yellow

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry for you loss.

Clay is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for him.

Godspeed Clay, you are terribly missed.

:f_red:gh_runner:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that Angel Clay has been up to his silly antics and keeping all the Angels at the Bridge entertained. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am very sorry for your loss. Whenever I see a shooting star, I will realize it is Clay leading a group of our bridge babies into a new game of mischief and mayhem.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I can only imagine how much fun there is at the bridge with Clay in residence. Nothing will be sacred nor safe from his silly self. He must have been an interesting and loving adventure. I am sorry that you had to say goodbye to your special boy. ththbrokenheart2.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star