Brandy Will Be Leaving Soon

She is "holding her own". She looks ok in the morning, but has not been able to keep most food down for the whole day. She has barfed in my living room, at least once a day all weekend. I have started giving her a pepcid before meals and just dry kibble in the morning.

She is very hungry for dinner. Tonight I gave her Purina One Canned Salmon. I have been cooking chicken for the group for months now and she has started turning her nose up at it. She ate London broil last week, some turkey bacon one day; she is eating from a different menu than the boys.

I thought about taking her to the vet on Saturday, but she Len said she looks ok, she is eagerly eating and enjoys her little walk up the block. She is very puffy. I put her little coat on today and it was snug on her.

We will take it day by day. I look at my pretty girl at night and check that she is breathing. This has all been so fast.

Thanks for asking.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irene,

Just wanted to tell you again, all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep on giving Miss Brandy hugs from us.

Hugs,

Carla

Guest samalama

Irene, I just joined GreyTalk and this is the first post I read!! I am so sorry Brandy is ill. You, Brandy and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. images-1.jpghug2.gif

-Amy and Sam (from Greyhound Angels)

We have decided it will be tonight. She is very hungry and can't keep any food down. The fluid must be blocking her intestines. I feel bad for her as she still wags her tail and likes to take her little walk up the block. She looks terrible. Her ribs are all showing, yet her tummy is so full. We think she is starving.

Please wish her an easy passing. I don't how the boys will react; she was always the calming influence.

I cannot breathe today.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest bowiebears

This makes me so sad.

I think you are doing the good and proper thing, but tis still sad.

My prayers and thought are with you all as Brandy goes her way to prepare things for the rest of us at The Bridge.

I wish you peace and comfort.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

Irene and Len,

I am so sorry. You are in our prayers. It is so hard to have to be the strong one in these situations.

Cora

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)