Brandy Will Be Leaving Soon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shellie

She's beautiful and I know your heart is breaking beyond what any words can describe! When you asked how much you should put her through...I hope that this helps. I lost my beloved Apricot this past July and my Teddy in August of 06. They had both been sick so long and they were both 13. When I talked with my vet about it, he told me that I'd know what to do because they would tell me with their eyes. I don't know how to explain it but they did. They were just so tired, and somehow I knew when I had to let them go on . I held them both as they passed, and I know they'll be there waiting on me, happy and running with the wind! In the meantime I just try to celebrate their lives and what they gave and taught me until we're reunited! I hope that this helps in some way. :bighug

:grouphug:bighug:grouphug:bighug

Annette

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

She is stunning. She looks like she could be my Perm's sister. We had to go through the same thing with him. We knew we only had a few weeks so we took him home loved him and spolied him, he loved boiled chicken in its own broth. It was hard but I look back and thank god that we had him that extra time and were able to show him even more love. It was good for Patience too she would just lay with him and lick his ears. Its hard and I am sorry that you have to endure the heart ache but make more memories they will eventually help in the bad time! All our love, prayers and kisses!

Pups9.jpg

Edited by toni

Guest Winterwish
Have you thought about having her drained? Flo was on Lasex and they drained the fluid off once a month.

I asked that yesterday while at the vet. Dr. Newman said Brandy retained the fluid so fast; 5.5 lbs in one week. If she drains her stomach, it will only return. She also said the Lasix will make her thirsty, which she is now and pee more.

All of this has happened so fast. It was only last Tuesday that she had her dental and three weeks ago that she had her blood work done and everything was fine.

I don't know what to do. I thought her breathing seemed labored already today.

Hi Irene, :grouphug this is Dreamer's mom,Mary. My heart is hurting so much for,and with,you and Brandy. I don't want to upset you inany way,you can imagine how very,very much I mean that. :grouphug Irene,this sounds so similar as my Dreamer last week. I know you're heart is breaking so much.

I'll try my best to let you know how it was for us if it is useful in any way in helping somehow to know.

The fluid was tapped,or drained from around his heart just one time in the middle of the nite,thursday,at about 2:30 a.m. -and it gave him very definite relief. They also gave him I.V. fluids for about a half hour.

Dream and I came home at 4:20 in the morning. He was much more comfortable,sadly this was temporary. :( Actually,we slept for about 4 hours,which I'm so grateful for that sleep time together on his couch.

I purposely slept with my arms on him,knowing I'd feel a change in respirations and wake up.

The e- vet said if I notice the same symptoms building back again that Dream came in with -- shortness of breathe,nasal flaring,a kind of "air hunger",if I heard a muffled heartbeat when listening to his chest,instead of a clear heartbeat,and pallor of the gums,- then Dreamer is once again in an extremely critical condition.

He said this would be obvious to me,and that I need to make a decision about what to do next for my boy.

He mentioned Dreamer's age,12 years and 8 months old,and only I could decide how far to go as far as repeating a pericardiocentesis,and then even much more surgically invasive,even if unrealistic,attempts to extend his life here with me physically,which in his case,was not actually a possible treatment.

I don't know if this is any help to you Irene. maybe if only to know,at least to the measure that i can in Dream and my experience,that i'm thinking of you. and I'm heartbroken for you because I realize what may be happening. But if in any way I can help with what the speifics were,I'm here if I can help somehow,or try to understand somehow.

I'm not sure what i typed made sense. You and Brandy are in my thoughts so much. :gh_child:hope:brokenheart:grouphug

mary :candle

Edited by Winterwish

Just checking in to see how you and Brandy are doing.

xoxox,

~Pat

She ate a nice breakfast today of some left over London broil. She is definitely playing the dog card. I took her for a short walk; she loves her walk, and she was very slow coming back up the street. We are talking a 1/3 of what was previously their normal walk. She doesn't act sick, but she has definitely lost her greyhound waist line. She is getting more barrel looking as the fluid is filling her up. We watch and wait for signs that she doesn't feel well. Sometimes I just talk to her and tell her how pretty she is. She loves when I call her Pretty Girl.

All the posts, notes, emails have just been overwhelming. The good wishes, prayers and white light are working, for now. This is a community, or family like no other. The support makes each day bearable. Thank you greyhound people.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Brandy, you pretty, pretty girl....

I feel your sorrow, Irene, having lost Gypsy in September and knowing then like you do now that time is so very precious.

Praying for more time with your beauty... :grouphug

Lisa

Gentle hugs from here, too. Thinking of you and your sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Every day with your girlie is a precious gift. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.