Marla, My Black Velvet Girlie

ZoomDoggy

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Aimee, my heart breaks for you. I know you have had a lot to deal with and I know the pain of losing two close together. So I know there is nothing to say that can ease your heart except what someone said to me when Bill left... "He's always with you, because you loved him so very much, and he you". I have repeated that to myself on my rough days and I believe it is so. You made Marla incredibly happy and she left knowing how loved she was.

Thunder loved those little black girls so I have no doubt that she has an incredibly handsome tour guide at the bridge right now. He's been there a year and 5 months now so he's old hat!

God Speed, Marla. I am so truly sorry, Aimee. :f_red :f_red

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

I am so very sorry. :cry1 My heart aches for you and your DH. :grouphug Marla knows she is loved and the pictures show it, I'm sorry she couldn't stay with you longer.

Run Free Marla :f_pink

Oh Aimee....

That is beautiful....she was lucky to have two families to love her in her life!!

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest Winterwish

:brokenheart Sending love and comfort to you Aimee,your husband and sweet Tipper. :grouphug

The pictures of your beautiful "Black Velvet Girlie",Marla,are beautiful--how she loves the three of you.

Sending my deepest condolences Aimee. :grouphug

Fly free Marla sweetheart ~ :heart:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:angelwings

Guest bowiebears

Let me add my sympathies and prayers and good thoughts in your loss.

I hope my black BridgeBoy Arlo, who looked so much like your velbet firlie, will meet her at The Bridge.

One day we will all be reunited there!

--isaac

{{{{{{{{{{Aimee}}}}}}}}}}

Go have fun making fuzz-balls, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your loss. Marla is smiling down upon you thanking you for loving her and taking her into your home.

Godspeed Marla, you are sadly missed.

:f_pink:gh_run2:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :bighug Marla clearly felt at home and loved in your family. The picture of her and Poppa is priceless! :wub: May you find peace with her passing. Godspeed, sweet girlie... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a fortunate dog Marla was, to come from a loving home straight into the loving arms of you and DH. I'm pretty sure if you went out and robbed a bank tomorrow, Marla's previous momma would be up there arguing with doG, telling her to let it slide, that y'all personifies what is best and most loving in humans. I know y'all feel that your hearts can't take too much more breaking....but maybe with each break, it heals that much more larger, stronger and loving.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am so sorry. :candle Run with all the angels Marla, there is a special angel waiting just for you. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Marla was a sweet and beautiful girl and if there was any home she needed to go to, it was yours. As everyone has said, the photos speak volumes of the love and affection that Marla was given by you and your DH. She knew you loved her and there was no greater gift you could have given her. I wish you comfort for your heartache at her loss.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy