Jp's Buddy Murphy (brother Of Greyhounds)

Guest Becki

Just before we were married, in May of 1995, we received a call from a family about their dog. Due to their current circumstances, they could no longer keep him. They wanted to know if we would be interested in bringing him in to our home. That night, we went from a two dog family to a three dog family.

Murphy most enjoyed lying on the deck and in the sun. He loved back scritches and ear rubs. Once we bought the camper, and brought him with us, his greatest love was revealed. There was nothing in this world he enjoyed more than camping. I don’t know if it was the roasted hot dogs, being out in the great outdoors during the day, or being in close quarters with his entire pack in the evenings, but camping was his thing. The floor space under the table will feel vastly empty next year, without him curled in a ball under it, like he has been for meals, movies and board games since we started camping.

Three and a half years ago, Murphy was diagnosed with doggie dementia. The vet figured he had four to six months to live. Apparently, the vet didn’t know our Murphy quite so well. He has had his ups and downs in health, but he has always bounced back. He faded rapidly in August of 2006. We decided to take Murphy, and only Murphy, on our Labor Day camping weekend. We figured we would have to make the decision to put him to sleep when we came home. That weekend, however, invigorated his spirit. For another year, he continued doing well, slowing down, but still doing well, in his own way. In mid-September, 2007, we made an appointment at the vet for a quality of life assessment. At that time, we learned that the condition he has dealt with for more than three years was most likely Cushing’s Disease, and not just doggie dementia. His vet advised the time from diagnosis to death was typically two to three years. She said he had a strong heart and a sprightly spirit. She didn’t see a reason for him to be euthanized yet and told me we would know when the time came.

Saturday, Murphy let us know he was tired and ready to rest. We took him back to the camper, for one last weekend of camping. Even in the rainy weather, he enjoyed wandering around our area, but it was obvious he was so very tired. This afternoon, at 3:30, Dr. Bauman released him from his pain and set him free to the Bridge.

Murph is lovingly survived by his people, Dave, Becki, Christian and Carter, special friend Pat, special Aunt Jennifer, and his pack: McTavish, Max, Axel, Indie, Pork Chop, Velcro, Maggie, Gabbie and Phillip. Waiting to meet him at the Bridge were Brandy, JaJa and the Littles

Edited by Becki

Goodbye Murphy. Forever a happy camper. f_yellow How kind of you to give him one last camping trip.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry. Run free sweetheart...you are among so many Angel friends. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry, Becki. He did have a wonderful life with you, and I'm sure that's no consolation at all. Hugs to all your family.

Godspeed, Murphy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry. :cry1

I hope Murphy has found some fellow campers.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

what a beautiful tribute. What a life you had together. Cherish the memories and always hold them tight.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge