Probably Cancer

2fawngreys

Daisy's white blood cell count has gone from 19000 to 28000 in the past week. She has lost 15-20 ponds over the last month.

Doctor thinks it is probably cancer. we could take her to the specialty hospital and run lots of test., but I'm not willing to put this 12 year old girle through all of this. if it is not cancer, she is seriously sick, and again her age counts against a long-term happy outcome.

we are going to say goodbye this evening.

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry :(

Safe journey Daisy :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So very sorry. Prayers for an easy passing for Daisy and hugs to you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry. You are doing what you think is best and giving your sweet Daisy the gift of peace and comfort shows how much you love her.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I recently went through the same general thing with my 12 year old boy. It was so painful to make the decision, but he was ready to go.

Sat on the floor with him and my vet, and we both cried, but he just closed his eyes and moved on to the next world in peace.

:(

Sometimes it is far kinder to let them go than make them fight.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck