Scooter C E S And Right Leg Issues. Went To Vet

Jennifer

For those that aren't aware, Scooter was diagnosed with CES or LS earlier this year. Only since his eye surgery has it been bothersome enough that he is now medicated for it. In the last week he has been favoring his right rear leg...red flags went up and we visted the vet today.

Update on Scooter's hips/ right rear leg:

We got to the vet and Dr. C examined Scooter. She did a very thorough touch & feel examine on both his hind legs. She could see as we came in the office that he was ginger on the right leg already and during the examine he was shakey in the hind end, but that's normal now with the CES and having been standing since I got home and the car ride to the vet and the waiting room wait to get into the vet. Anyway, as she was examining the hind legs I was holding Scooter in the head and chest area and as soon as she applied pressure to his upper knee/ lower femur area, he tensed up significantly. When she applied pressure to the area on the left leg, nothing, again on the right leg and he jerked and tensed. Something is definitely going on with his knee/ lower femur area. Here's what we are left with for the time being:

#1- It could be that he has injured his knee and that he is sore from that and that is why he's ginger on that leg at this time. There is no swelling or bone enlargement and there is no muscle deteriation. Even when she viewed him and examined him from the rear, his thigh muscles are very strong. A very good sign.

#2- Yes, the knee joint area is a hot pocket for Osteo but at this time it would be to early, even if we did x-rays, to possibly say for sure that is could be Osteo. Reason being that since he has only just begun to show favoritism to that leg, it's very unlikely that anything would show in the x-ray this soon anyway. However, should this be something along those lines then it would develop quick enough that I would know in the next couple of weeks that it's something more than just a knee injury and that we need to do x-rays now. That being said, I'm not putting off having x-rays done, I am delaying it as this time to see if it is a knee injury and heals itself then his leg will improve, if he gets worse than what he is now, we'll know something is there to be detected.

So, we are continuing on his pain meds that he already takes for his CES and we'll be keeping a sharp eye to see if the leg gets any worse. If it gets worse, we have problems. If it stays the same, it could still be just an injury that is slow to improve-if ever improve- kind of like a football player with a knee injury. :lol Bottomline.....IF he doesn't improve and/ or worsens by the time we get back from Dewey then we will be having x-rays done.

There. :D Clear as mud eh? :lol

And for those that's aren't familiar with CES Click Here

Edited by Jennifer

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Mud pie, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hope Mr. Scooter-man just has a sore leg and is back to himself in a couple days.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Get better soon sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hoping Scooter feels better soon. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Jennifer---I found this pic and was hoping it would cheer you up!! :kiss2 to Scooter!

128292547021215000ydunutakeme.jpg

That is just adorable!! :wub::lol :lol

Thank you everyone. I know Scooter will be fine when he has GTer's looking out for him. :blush

JennScoot2.jpg

Many good thoughts for sweet Scooter! Ivy has problems with his right rear leg too...

Best wishes for a quick recovery!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Sending good thoughts for Scooter. He is one special hound.

Are you taking him to Dewey?

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Yes, Scooter will be coming to Dewey. He'll probably only be attending the Pirates of the Beach event at the Bottle & Cork. The rest of the time I think he will be lounging on the sofa of his choice. :wub:

Thank you all for your good thoughts. :bighug

JennScoot2.jpg

give him a big kiss for me :kiss2

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch