Gilmore

Guest carebear530

Guest carebear530

Sorry this sin't about a greyhound, but I'm in such pain that I have to reach out. My cat Gilmore passed away early this morning. He was 7 years old & quite the cat. He was such a people cat & loved to be with us all the time. He HAD to be with us & would cry until we picked him up & held him. Or he would curl up with us. I can't even begin to explain what a special cat he was. He had such a personality & was unlike any cat I have ever known. From the time we adopted him from the animal rescue with his brother Kipsey he had stolen our hearts. He had tugged on Marc's show lace & cried that day like he knew we were the people he was supposed to come home with. Even as a tiny kitten he knew.

Anyway we came home last night from playing cards with our friends & found him crying on the bathroom floor. He looked ok at first, but then we realized his back legs didn't work. Our friends hurried over & my friend Theresa who is a vet tech told us he might have a blood clot in his back legs. We hoped she was wrong as we drove to the emergency vet. When we got there the vet confirmed our fears. I guess he probably had heart problems & a blood clot had come loose from his heart & went into his legs. He was in a lot of pain & looked very confused trying to get up a few times. My friend & the vet told us that treatment has a very low success rate & he would be in a lot of pain. They told us if we put him through treatment the same thing would probably happen again a little later. We made a very hard decision to let him go.

We brought him home & buried him in our flower garden. We planted some tall grass (because he LOVED to eat grass) right where we buried him & then planted some flowers around him that will come up every year. It was so hard. My husband Marc is hurting pretty bad too as he was his little buddy. He spent time petting him & kissed him on the head. It's breaking my heart. :weep

Here is another one. Gilmore is on the right & Kipsey is on the left.

post-7046-1189382071.jpg

post-7046-1189382185.jpg

Oh, I'm so sorry. He sounds like an exceptional friend to both you and your DH.

Godspeed, Gilmore.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest argolola

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious boy. It hurts like crazy right now, but please know you did the right thing. I had a blood clot and I begged the doctor to cut off my leg.

My Zombie will take good care of your Gilmore at the bridge. God bless you.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :bighug Gilmore sounds like he was a very special lil' fella and stole a BIG piece of your heart. Godspeed, sweet kitty... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my heart kitty at the age of 7 from a vaccine-induced fibrosarcoma.

It was a year and a half ago and I still think about him every day and miss him terribly.

As time goes by, you will be able to smile when you remember certain things about him that were so special to you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry you lost your special boy. He was so young. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so very sorry about your loss of Gilmore. I, too, know how much the loss of a special cat can hurt. Time will help more than these meager words.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is...Chase those butterflies at the Bridge sweetie. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest bowiebears

Let me add my sympathies and thoughts & prayer for your healing and comfort in this very difficult time.

Gilmore will always have a part of your heart. It's just that it seems he took it with him when he went to The Bridge.

You'll get most of it back, eventually....and Gilmore will live forever in your heart.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

Oh no. I'm so very sorry that you and your husband are facing such heartache. :grouphug Gilmore was a gorgeous boy as well as being a very special soul.

Godspeed, Gilmore.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.