I Am Devestated...

C'mon, sweet boy! Keep eatin' those tators so Mom can bring you home! We know you can do it!!!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

good news! Glad to hear he's moving around more and wagging his tail! If he pooped, there was something in there to poop out so he must've eaten something during the day. Can't wait to hear he's homewith you.......

Hugs and prayers won't stop until Rusty is completely well.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Snowy8
:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle .... not blowing the candles out until he comes home & he's running & playing in the yard again!

Me too!

:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle:grouphug:candle

Add your pups to my pups...our candles will light up the world!

:hope

Edited by Snowy8

Talked to the vet this morning. He said Rusty was still moving around quite

a bit but didn't eat yet today or last night. He said he acts like he wants to but don't. :(

He asked me again if I want to take him home and see how he does for the night.

I wanted to before but with everything going on with having my 2 grandkids here, I couldn't

take the chance on him getting sick, I have a jeep cherokee and have to put the seat down

for him and then there's only the front seat for 1 granddaughter. Anyway, the kids go home

this afternoon and I don't have them again til Mon. so I'm gonna try to get him home

and hope me and DH can get him out ok. I think he needs to be home, even tho he loves

people, he does want to be where ever I am, so I'm hoping he will eat a little and keep it down.

I have talked with a friend that has a van and she can help get him back tomorrow if he has to go back.

So, my baby will be coming home with me tonight, I hope I'm doing the right.

Please keep your fingers crossed and the prayers once again. I'm sorry to keep asking. :blush

Edited by nyGreys

Guest Machbragal

I think you are doing the right thing. See if he does better at home. You can always take him back. Good luck -- you know we are praying for him.

I bet you're doing the right thing.

When Orion gave me that scare after his dental, I wanted nothing more than to bring him home after. When I went to visit him at the vets office, I started to have doubts.. I live a 30 minute drive away from my vet and 35 minutes from the e-vet.

I took him home and continued to doubt whether it was the right decision. He was home at 5:30 and several times I had the phone up ready to call the evet or my vet for advice. But by 8 p.m., he settled down, he even snoozed a bit. By the next morning, he was happy, alert and willingly ate some scrambled egg (kibble was unappealing to him).

I think his coming home helped him through the recovery. By the evening, he was back to his normal self.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Gosh, I don't know if Rusty will be able to get up the steps

to come in the house! :ohno I can't find anything to use for a ramp!

Anybody have any suggestions?

He would probably be afraid to use it anyway. :huh It's only 3

steps. Maybe he'll be ok, I hope so cause I can't pick him up.

The clothes I was wearing yesterday when I went to see Rusty were

laying on the floor, when I came out of the bathroom Mindy was sniffing & sniffing

at the clothes, she must have smelled her big brother on them. :heart

I'm sure Rusty will get the royal sniffs from his sisters when he comes home. :)

WhoooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!

You are doing the right thing Dee. I think you will find he will make his way up the stairs just fine.

Try not to worry about him starving. It would actually take a very long time for a dog his size to literally "starve." Try to keep him hydrated as best you can, offer him a bit of food and see what happens. Unless something goes really terribly wrong, I would try to keep him home if you can.

Good luck, keep us posted and call me if you need help!!

WELCOME HOME RUSTY!!

Guest GiJenn51

Dee you are soo doing the right thing. He'll feel so much better at home. I can see the tators flying out of the kitchen for him too!!! :D

Guest wilsontrixie

oh, he'll do way better at home after a good nights sleep in his own house.....you are doing the right thing.

he should be able to do 3 stairs now...

Good! Hurry up and get yourself home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Tenderhearts

I am SO praying that him coming home will encourage some eating and he will continue to improve! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

DeVon-singing 'Rusty da mashed taters man' song :D

Guest LolasMom
I think you are doing the right thing. See if he does better at home. You can always take him back. Good luck -- you know we are praying for him.

Ditto :hope:candle

Fingers crossed for a happy homecoming! Keep us posted on how he's doing!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Mommydog

I think you're doing the right thing too, I'm sure he'll be much happier in his own familiar surroundings. And don't worry about getting him up the steps you'll manage. I lifted Joey who is 80lbs+ into the back of the car after his dental, and I'm 5ft nothing! I don't know how I did it, but I did!

Guest Snowy8

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P Woo hoo!!! This is so exciting. That is so nice of your friend to offer her van if needed, but it won't be needed because once he gets home, he's going to be so happy & so comfortable & his appetite will pick up & Tater boy will be doing zoomies soon!

:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle

Guest vahoundlover

I agree, Rusty will be much happier at home! :couchjump I have my fingers crossed tonight will go A OK!! :grouphug

Probably to late..... but for Boss I put his front feet on the first step, scooch his backend in closer and then place his front feet on the second step, I pick his backend up and place it on the first step then put his front feet on the 3 and final step, pick his backend up and bring him on up...clear as mud? :lol