I Am Devestated...

Guest lizjaye

What a wonderful update. I just finished reading about Nate and still teary, I was so happy to hear about Rusty's progress. I can only imagine how much better you feel too!

More positive thoughts coming from us.

Liz

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news about your precious boy! :yay:yay It's great that you're visualizing him playing in the yard again. :) Thoughts are very powerful... keeping the prayers and light flowing. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest VelvetEars

I'm so glad to hear the mashed potatoes did the trick. Just keep telling him that you haven't given up on him, and he can't give up either. I can't even count how many times I told Jane that over the past 3 weeks, and she seemed to understand. Where there's a will, there's a way! I also concur that being home seems to help them heal faster. I don't think Jane would have continued to improve at Mizzou - she needed to be home, in familiar surroundings, to continue to heal.

Here's hoping he gets to come home tomorrow!! :cheers

I hope Rusty enjoyed tonight's meal. :):grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

When I got to the hosp. tonight Rusty was standing there wagging his looong

tail & grinning from ear to ear! :) It was easy to see he was feeling quite a bit better tonight!

He kept waddleing around on his swollen legs, smilin & waggin at everyone he

passed in the hallway. :P He looked so happy, but I think I was happier.

He didn't want any tators, but I didn't see his dish of food anywhere so maybe he ate that.

We went outside 3 times, and he even pooped once, on the leash no less. :lol

When he got really tired he lay down and wanted a drink, so I held his dish for him...

I think I let him drink a little to much cause he threw it up. :( He drank a small amount

when I first got there and didn't throw up, so I'm hoping he just drank to much at once. :huh

Anyway, I can't get over how happy he looked. :) I hope he can come home soon. :goodluck

I can hardly wait to kiss my sweetie goodnight before I go to bed again. :kiss2

Thank you again for your prayers, please say just a few more ok. :rolleyes:

Guest Mommydog

More prayers headin' Rusty's way. Keep up the good work big fella :) Btw, I think you're right, he probably drank too much at once.

Sending my continued prayers...hurry home sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Waggin' tails are good. :) Prayers continue for Rusty. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

More prayers for Rusty. I can't wait to hear that he's home where he belongs.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Smiles and waggin' tails are wonderful to see. :D More prayers for your Tator boy to continue to progress and come home tomorrow. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

So glad Rusty is continuing to improve. He's quite a guy!

As I understand it, after having heat stroke, puppers are not allowed to run again for quite a while, so he will have plenty of time to eat lots of taters when he gets home :lol

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

It's so nice to read some good news. Lots of hugs - :grouphug:bighug - for Rusty....keep those potatoes coming. I know they taste good -- I like Kentucky Fried mashed potatoes myself when I'm sick too. :)

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.