I Want

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

Burpdog ( aka Diane ) for a special Award " Grey-Mom of the Year ". Every time someone is in Distress

about their Dog/s she has all the best Advice and is most Knowledgeable in Medical Question's. I trust

her Completely and know she Read's up on difficult Question's.I believe it is also the same Diane who

cought the elusive Mr. Gus .

:yay:yay:yay for Diane :yay:yay:yay

Diane ...I always read your Post's and received a ton of Information.

Guest Brandy_b

Diane was also quick to help me, help a greyhound family in need at xmas time also :) She is amazing (and Janet- foxysmom) is too! You gals rock!!!!

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

I agree about Diane. She sent Gretchen a harness when she was recovering from her stroke and offered lots and lots of advice (she still is)!

Amen! :yay:confetti:clap:bounce1

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Burpdog ( aka Diane ) for a special Award " Grey-Mom of the Year ". Every time someone is in Distress

about their Dog/s she has all the best Advice and is most Knowledgeable in Medical Question's.

Not only that, but she puts magic in her biskies. Yukon used to cower and shake any time someone moved his/her arm around him. (We are at least his third home.) I won a big bag of burpdogs in an auction last spring. Now, he comes running toward an outstreched hand just in case it is holding a burpdog. He even learned to sit at the age of 9 to get his crack cookie. No other treat got that kind of positive response out of him.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

:nod

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest PiagetsMom

How lucky are we to have someone here with so much grey knowledge and both reassuring practical and medical advice? :clap It certainly has been a help to this learning grey-Mom in progress :bow Thanks, Diane!

This board would not be the same without you Dianne! :yay

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Diane is the best -- no question at all :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you for all the kind words :blush

No, it was Diana who caught Gus. I never would have had the patience :lol

I do so little compared to the others that move without notice, invisible to the world, doing good in adoption. There are many, many heroes in this arena. Many people whose names you do not know. You would be amazed at the good they have done, time after time, without any acknowledgement or pats on the back.

From the poem:

We Are Their Heroes

Copyright © Jim Willis 2001, all rights reserved

If you worry that you have not made a difference, you have,

for only those who do not worry about it have not.

If you feel overwhelmed, if the weight of problems is too heavy to bear,

remember it is a shared burden

and the strength of numbers can accomplish much.

If you consider that we cannot save them all,

and what difference does one make?,

you ought to know the joy of the one who is saved.

Mourn those we cannot save, it is a eulogy to their being.

Do not let their loss be in vain.

Be proud of your accomplishments, not your opinions.

The quality of your efforts is more important than the quantity.

Forgive your own deficiencies - sometimes your caring is sufficient.

Everyone can do something, it is up to you to do the thing you can.

A kind word and a gentle touch can change a life.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Sadly, my houndz may never know the joy of the Burpdog Biscuit, since they'd never make it through customs.

But your advice certainly has been worth a million biscuits!!!

Another GT member was recently making fun of me because I spend most of my time in "Off Topic". My answer? "That's because Burpdog and Batmom know all the answers to the greyhound questions---and post them a lot faster than I ever could." :lol

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Heaven's no! We don't know everything :blush Wisdom is knowing that however much you know, it isn't enough.

Diane was also quick to help me, help a greyhound family in need at xmas time also She is amazing (and Janet- foxysmom) is too! You gals rock!!!!

But I only helped put it together. Many people rallied to help (as always). Again, unsung heroes :grouphug

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Diane has been greymom of the year in my books for years :nod:)

:nod :nod :nod

I fully agree! Diane is ALWAYS ready to help everybody who has Greyhound-health problems here on the Board !!!

THANK YOU DIANE!!!!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

I totally agree. Diane was so helpful when we were taking care of Piper at age 15 - 17. I really think she helped that old dog get a couple of extra good years.

Also, I TOTALLY blame her for forcing helping us to adopt Best :lol

I was so happy to get to meet her at Sandy Paws.

Susan

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Just want to chime in too. She always has great advice and is quick to respond to questions! Your input is invaluable. :yay

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

There are a few people's posts I ALWAYS read, even if it's about something I'm not currently dealing with. Diane is at the top of the list! I love that poem, I may print it out to reread. I have been feeling guilty lately because I'm not doing more, that made me feel a little better, so, thanks again, Burpdog!