Good Thoughts Needed For Sally

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sally is always in my thoughts.... sending her some extra prayers and warm hugs.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I'm hoping that Sally has a rally and her back end starts working better. She reminds me a lot of my Onyx, who'll be 12 in a few months. She is starting to get a little wobbly in the back end. Falls easier if she's bumped by the younger (10 yr olds) ones.

Guest meandmygreys

Oh dear !! I hope she's on the mend !!

It is hard to see them age..maybe she'll perk up today !

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

From across the big pond.

Guest Spiff
The problem we have with Sally is that she really doesn't like to be 'fiddled with' in any way :rolleyes: She's not a good patient at all, either at home or at the vets.

Cartophen (or however it's spelled) is an intramuscular injection that is given every several months as needed. So it might be something accomplishable for Sally.

Depo-medrol is a pair of injections given on either side of the lower spine. Sally might not like that so much -- but at least it's not too invasive. It is given every several months as needed too.

Spiff suffers from bowel incontinence too because the nerves in his lower spine are being pinched - it goes along with the shuffling, knuckling over and rear-sinking while standing. The DM did wonders!

Anyway, I hope that Sally starts feeling better so she doesn't have to go to the vet!!

Still snoozing with no signs of wanting to go out to the loo or anything as yet...

525a695e86b4723af9d3d6b5b5a273de.jpg

Then Mokka got on there with her

d09c4bc55c4bf5a652ac27d62e1456e0.jpg

5de51e1d1a34fa2984b7acbe873df993.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

C'mon Sally! You can rally again this year.

I love the third pic of her with Mokka--it's like Sally's wearing a messed-up behive wig.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

And breeeeeeeeathe :rolleyes::thumbs-up

421b320a45257437d0dd08835e9fefb8.jpg

After a bit of coaxing, she jumped (ish) off the settee and walked out to the garden for a wee :yay

Then she came back in and screamed merry hell when Marc tried to help her (manhandle her as she sees it) back onto the settee so she jumped on herself (that was a bit of a heart-stopper, I can tell you).

So. Her leglets are coming back :D They're weak and wibbly but they are coming back :wub:

And now, more resting, on some fresh bedding

661bfd6ae2ce86c53af23c2d836b3912.jpg

Erm. Can someone remind me why I like to adopt these old dogs? :blink::rolleyes::lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Lovely update... glad to hear she's a bit stronger now. These old gals can certainly be heart stoppers. My Phoenix, who is now 15 still prefers to launch herself into my SUV vs. letting me lift her up. :eek She doesn't like to be mom-handled either. :rolleyes:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Tenderhearts

:bounce1:confetti:clap:confetti:bounce1

C'mon now Bev, just think how utterly boring life would be without the likes of Miss "Don't Help Me Onto The Settee" Sally and all the rest of the crew!