Sprout's Got A Poorly Knee

Best wishes for a successful operation and quick and uneventful recovery :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOod thoughts to Sprout & you & Marc!! I love the Sprout-man!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Vinnie

Thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and Sprout. Keep us informed of his condition.

PS - He's adorable - are you sure he's really that old? Go Sprout Go!

Edited by Vinnie

OH has taken Sprout to the vets to drop him off for his x rays. (Time frame - it's now 8.30am and I think I will be able to phone at 3pm) :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Prayers from around the world for precious Sprout. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I can't believe he's 13 either :wub: --sending good thoughts and hugs for Sprout (and the nervous rest of the family.)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

We're going to collect him and find out what his x-rays say in about an hour :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

The Sprout is Home :D

He needed to be poked to get out of his nice warm bed at the vets (apparently most of the dogs kick the blanket off when they've had enough and move around a bit but Sprout was quite happy to continue with his nap). He stood up all the way home (rocking slightly) and at one point went to sleep standing up :rolleyes:

Back at home he went out for a garden visit and is now snoozing but he is the worlds most nosey dog so if he thinks something interesting is happening (like a cupboard is being opened or some washing is being brought in, he has to get up and come for a look).

Garden visit

41457a4b5cc8df0ed001997fb35f1381.jpg

Mokka thinks Sprout smells yack

9dc4e3e935fd5631600f824eea6f6cd4.jpg

Tetley is slightly concerned by the quiet version of The Sprout

f91a540db0a3b8398db5c0034b97251f.jpg

Snoozy a bit

3b537f2ff935fb4bc5788f6f12bb3ed2.jpg

Snoozy a lot (for the time being)

2430256fc2af8784ed52e2c7f920e266.jpg

Thanks for all your good wishes for Sprout (and me) :) The vet sent off a sample of joint fluid so we're waiting for the results of that before we discuss what op will take place and when.

Guest mhall
:wub: He is such a cutie - I love his fuzzly little chest! I hope surgery goes well for him and that he is up and running around again soon.

I am glad he's home and doing well. What a little cutie-patooty!!!!! Let us know when his surgery is scheduled so we can start some serious prayer, healing thoughts and good wishes.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest DoofBert

Hey Sprout! We're glad you are home. Rest Well, little buddy......we're thinking of you!

Sir D, Bert, Tessa and Tania

What a little sweetie pie :wub: Good thoughts continue for surgery....

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Perhaps as a talisman for us all to concentrate our good Sprowt thoughts on, the pix of Sprowt & His Sprout could reappear?

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Perhaps as a talisman for us all to concentrate our good Sprowt thoughts on, the pix of Sprowt & His Sprout could reappear?

I think that would be SO great, too! So I tracked down this thread...hope you don't mind, Bevd!!! There's LOTS more fab pics of the ever-adorable Sprout, including the one with "his sprout wot he stole" ! :lol::wub:

Clicky-Link to Old Thread with Sprout piccies!

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks for finding that thread Lisa :D

Sprout is doing fine at the moment and is hardly limping at all but thats probably because he's not been able to go for his walks. If he went out and ran around, I'm sure he'd be having real problems again so its better for us to wait a few days and see what happens once the test results come back from the joint fluid (ewwww, joint fluid) :unsure:lol

Guest grey_dreams

Sprout has such a dear face! I do hope that he is feeling well after the X-rays. Wishing good luck for the lab reports, and hope that he will use funnel all of his energy into getting better soon!

Thinking of Sprout and yourselves, and hoping the test results come back good.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending more prayers for precious Sprout. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Ladyluther

My best to you and Sprout during this difficult time..what a sweet, fuzzy white face he has!..you can see the "joi de vie" (pardon my fractured French) coming right out from his heart with every photo.

Martha and Luther (who is also 13) in MA

HI!!! Just a quick "SPROUT SHOUT-OUT" :wave He-e-e-y, how ya doin' buddy?!! Scritchies & Biskies to ya!

(Oh, and Hi Bevd!) :lol:

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so glad that Sprout is home and happy. I would never have thought that he was 13! Give that gorgeous fuzzy face lots of kisses from all of us on GT. :wub: