Runner Had A Very Dear Friend Join Him

Guest PhillyPups

Guest Snowy8
Bob Varnberg passed away (Greyhound Adoptions of Florida) during the night. Mariyln is doing as well as can be expected. There are people with her so she has help right now. When I asked her what could anyone do she replied: go adopt a greyhound! and help GAF continue to do the work. Finding homes for greyhounds was Bob's passion.

There will be no funeral and please do not send flowers (Bob's request--he didn't want any when he went). At some point, there will be a memorial service.

I can only imagine that Bob was mobbed when he reached the bridge.

Farewell my friend....till we meet again :cry1

:baloons

Can you imagine all the rooing & barking going on & all those tails wacking each other! A tsunami of greyhounds when Bob got to the bridge! While I'm so sorry for his passing, and the loss his family must feel...you have to smile knowing that someone like Bob touched the hearts of hounds & humans! It sounds like he was a wonderful friend & husband! I know I feel better knowing that there is someone like Bob & someone like Millicent up there with my angel pups.

Rest in peace Bob...your job here is done & your next journey has begun.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say I'm stunned is an understatement. My thoughts and prayers for Marilyn as she learns to deal with her loss. What an amazing couple these two are. Godspeed Bob. I can just imagine the welcome you're receiving at the bridge.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest K9_Lady

:cry1:f_red

Bob Varnberg passed away (Greyhound Adoptions of Florida) during the night. Mariyln is doing as well as can be expected. There are people with her so she has help right now. When I asked her what could anyone do she replied: go adopt a greyhound! and help GAF continue to do the work. Finding homes for greyhounds was Bob's passion.

It might be a nice idea to send a Donation to "Greyhound Adoptions of Florida" in Bobs Memory

Guest Sportingfields

It's a sad day in Greyhound land. I know God must have a plan that we can't understand otherwise, Bob would still be with us on earth, not playing with all our bridge angels at the greyt meadow. We were at Grey Haven just three weeks ago, laughing, talking & listening to their plans for the future. To say DH & I are in shock & saddened is an understatement. If anyone is interested in sending Marilyn a condolence card, you can get the address off GAF's website, www.ahome4greys.org

Tails hanging low

Christel & family

Edited by CottageHoundDesigns

Guest IrskasMom

It's truly a sad Day for the Greyhound -Adoption Community . I do not know them personally but I have

heard of their fantastic Work for Greyhound Adoption. I am very saddened by this News !Hugs for Marilyn

and their Hounds .

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

A special spot in heaven is waiting for Bob. What a sad loss for Bob's family and for the greyhound world. Prayers coming your way Marilyn.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

What a loss for all of us that knew Bob. His passion was the dogs and finding homes for as many of them as he could so let us all continue his legacy and help find homes for as many greys as we can.

Godspeed Bob, you will be missed.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

What heartbreaking news. :( My prayers are with Marilyn and the friends and family of Bob and Marilyn. Heaven must have needed a very special angel. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

OMG i am in shock. We just had the pleasure of meeting Bob and Marilyn. We spent the night at their wonderful home.

Our prayers are with Marilyn. Bob we only knew you for a short time but thought so highly of you. I know Tash and all the greys were there to greet you.

I was watching tv tonight and had a vision of Bob, at the bridge, a sea of greyhounds had come to welcome him. They greeted him with roo's and kisses. I like to think of him that way now.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Wow... I have no words. I saw bob and Marilyn at a greyhound event in Tampa not long ago... Heaven has a very special angel tonight.... My prayers for the whole GAF family

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest EaglesMom

I am at a total loss for words at this tragic loss, it is horrible and my heart just breaks for Marilyn and the hounds that loved Bob so much.

The suggestion to send donations is a great one!!!! How fitting to honor Bob, by donating money is his name to the hounds he worked so hard to rescue and find homes for.

I am sure this community of greyhound lovers can bond together to make sure that Greyhound Adoptions of Florida continues it mission.

God Speed Bob Varnberg, YOU WILL BE MISSED!

In deed this is very sad news. Both Bob & Marilyn have been with the Sandy Paws family since the first event. A few of us were in the hotel lobby on Sat. nite after the memorial service, sitting around and having a chat.

My condolences to Marilyn and her family.

Nancy

What a huge loss to the greyhound community, the hounds he loved, and most of all, Marilyn. I have so much respect for all that Bob and Marilyn have done for these greys. We are fortunate enough to have two fantastic hounds sharing our lives and Bob and Marilyn made that possible. What a reunion at that bridge!