All the boys were there, and of course the gals,

They met you then they danced, there were lots of roos,

They knew you came to take care of all the broods

All the ones at the bridge that never knew a home,

Saw your eyes and thought, no we’re not alone,

This is Bob, the one they told us of,

The gentle man, so full of love,

Play gently with our angels my friend

Take care of our babies till we all meet again.

Dedicated to Bob Varnberg, of Greyhound Adoptions of Florida, a dear friend to and lover of the greyhounds

Bobsotherwomen.jpg

Edited by PhillyPups

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand Pat. Words cannot begin to express the shock and heart ache.

However, I'm certain there was a joyous reunion with a number of hounds today.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Bob Varnberg passed away (Greyhound Adoptions of Florida) during the night. Mariyln is doing as well as can be expected. There are people with her so she has help right now. When I asked her what could anyone do she replied: go adopt a greyhound! and help GAF continue to do the work. Finding homes for greyhounds was Bob's passion.

There will be no funeral and please do not send flowers (Bob's request--he didn't want any when he went). At some point, there will be a memorial service.

I can only imagine that Bob was mobbed when he reached the bridge.

Farewell my friend....till we meet again :cry1

:baloons

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

We met Bob and Marilyn at Sandy Paws last year. Such wonderful people. Bob we will miss you!

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Godspeed, Bob.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Bob Varnberg passed away (Greyhound Adoptions of Florida) during the night. Mariyln is doing as well as can be expected. There are people with her so she has help right now. When I asked her what could anyone do she replied: go adopt a greyhound! and help GAF continue to do the work. Finding homes for greyhounds was Bob's passion.

There will be no funeral and please do not send flowers (Bob's request--he didn't want any when he went). At some point, there will be a memorial service.

I can only imagine that Bob was mobbed when he reached the bridge.

Farewell my friend....till we meet again :cry1

:baloons

go adopt a greyhound! I can so hear Marilyn say this. I can't believe this. :cry1 Laura and I spent most of the day with Bob and Marilyn only 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Godspeed Bob you will always be with us.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.