Rocksteady Eddie (1/22/1994 - 5/24/2006)

Guest Broodmama

I'm so sorry! :cry1

Eddie was truly a prince :wub:

run fast and free, sweetie.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeannejj

I'm sorry for your loss. It's always hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. Peace to you.

Run free, sweet Eddie.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry. :candle What a beautiful face. Race with the angels sweet boy.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest jenste

:f_red

I am so sorry for your loss. Eddie gave me my two wonderful blessings, Sandhill Wahoo and System Rev Inez. That close up picture of Eddie shows me where their beautiful, expressive eyes come from. Thank you, Eddie and run free!

Jenny

(Mom to Wahoo, Nezzie and Sam)

I'm so sorry, Becky! :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug My heart goes out to you, truly. I know how much Eddie meant to you; it certainly showed through in all the updates you so kindly gave me on him. I cried like I'd just lost one of my own when I read your post. But boy if that photo of Eddie sitting on the girls isn't exactly like something Cosmo would do. :lol

Godspeed, Eddie. :gh_run Have fun at the Bridge and keep watch over your little girl if you get the chance. :kiss2

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest tammymacb

I am so sorry for your loss. My guy, Willy, is Eddie's son. If they share a personality, I know you have suffered a great loss. Thank you for giving him a happy and loving retirement.

I am so sorry. Godspeed Eddie...Run to our Angels Sweetheart. :f_red:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greymom

I am so very sorry. What a very special member of the family he was. Saying prayers to help you through this difficult time. Heaven must have needed another Angel. :grouphug:f_white

Guest nikitasmom

I am sorry for your loss. My boy Quick Martinez is also Eddie's son and I am thankful to Eddie for such a sweet gentle boy.

He had such gorgeous eyes.

I am so sorry. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PhillyPups

Sitting here in tears for the pain of your greyt loss. We are so blessed to share the journey of our retired studs and broods.

Hugs, tears and prayers to you and for The Queen's half-brother for his race to the bridge. Eddie won his most important race, the one to your heart and soul.

Rest well Eddie.

Amazing how the profile of Eddie in the picture with his daughter and grandson, the "attitude" in his face is identical to his half-sister, BarbieJade.

There is no grace or beauty like that of a Golden Grey, we are blessed to share their journey.

edited cause it was hard to see the typos between the tears

Edited by PhillyPups

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy to you and all who came in contact with such a charismatic handsome grey. May those wonderful memories bring some comfort to you. I always loved his name. Just remember he's just a rainbow away.... Linda :f_red:f_red That was such a beautiful tribune to one well deserved.

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Eddie sounds like he was a wonderful companion and a great example of the retired racer.

He will be missed by everyone who knew him and remembered by his extended family.

Run free, Eddie.

Guest LisaLuvsGreys

I am so sorry to hear about Eddie. My family and I just looked at his pics and cannot believe how much Bobbie looks like him. From your posts she is a carbon of copy of him! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

What a beautiful, heartfelt tribute to a very special friend. I am so very sorry for your loss and I hope that the loving memories you have of Eddie will comfort and sustain you in your sorrow.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.