Rocksteady Eddie (1/22/1994 - 5/24/2006)

Guest Broodmama

Guest Broodmama

EdClose.jpg

Rocksteady Eddie died on the evening of May 24, 2006. I have not posted because I just don't know how to begin. My words don't adequately express how wonderful this dog was nor what he truly meant to me. Although I only had Eddie in my life for slightly more than two years, the mark he has left on my heart and upon my life is indelible. My deepest appreciation goes out to Teddy Palmer for granting me the priviledge of adopting him after his stud career was finished. I have been able to meet so many wonderful people through "the Eddie connection" and have experienced the thrill of watching the racing careers of some of his offspring. As background Eddie's racing career ended early went he broke his right rear hock. He then began his second career as a stud and per the Greyhound Data website, has sired more than 990 offspring.

Eddie arrived in Utah on the weekend of Feb 29, 2004 along with Abita Rascal and Edee Quick. It was amazing how easily he transitioned to home life considering he was a working dog most of his life. Once in my home, Eddie quickly discovered the couch and would become quite miffed if the broodies wouldn't share one with him.

4307Edcouch.jpg

He also loved screaming monkeys and having his chin scratched. In fact, he would hold his head up and close his eyes while you rubbed his under his chin. His absolute favorite thing, however, was roast chicken as Teddy well knows and he would bark and stomp his feet whenever I bought or prepared chicken for a meal. I don't think I will ever be able to pass a roast chicken display at a grocery store and not think of him.

This is one of the last photos taken of him with his daughter, System Ruby Tiki, and her son and his grandson, Bigbkbillionaire.

Family2.JPG

"Goodnight Sweet Prince. And flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest" - William Shakespeare

Edited by Broodmama

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This loss is a hard one for us. Eddie was one of Foxy's last half siblings and one of only a handful here on GT.

Foxy and Eddie looked so much alike it was uncanny at times.

Godspeed sweet prince you will be missed very much. :gh_run2

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :f_red

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What a handsome gentleman.

Run with the wind, Eddie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bonscoby

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss!!! Rocksteady Eddie was a handsome boy with eyes full of expression! May your wonderful memories of him help you through this time.

:f_white:f_white:f_white

Guest OnecoRose

I can tell he was truly the love of your life, and I have tears for you and him. He will meet my heart girl Chloe who we lost at 11.5. He will always be with you, and as you said "chicken" will bring him to mind. I am so sorry.

Oh- such a beautiful boy! Im sure he will be missed.

I think my Polly was bred to him or perhaps it was her sister Florence.

He will live on in all his beautiful pups out there. Thank you for giving him a couch to love!

Kim, (PW's) Nate Dogg and Chloe (TJ Zorabell) - always in our hearts, (Racey) Benson and Polly (Racey Pauline)

allpups.jpg

NaturallyGrey Email List

Guest Gogh4It

Rebecca, I am so sorry to hear about Eddie. You wrote such a wonderful & loving memorial for him...I think you expressed a lot of what the rest of us want to say about our wonderful pups.

To Eddie: When you get a chance, find your half brother Racer (Time to Race) and give him a nudge for me.

Apr10_06.jpg

:wub::brokenheart:heart:paw:wub::brokenheart:heart:paw:wub::brokenheart:heart:paw:heart:brokenheart:wub:

That second picture is absolutely priceless :wub: I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

My heart goes out to you... :grouphug What a special boy he was, and was blessed to share your home and heart for a couple of years. That pic of him with the broodies is so touching. :wub: He will never be forgotten. Godspeed, sweet Eddie...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

what a special boy you were Eddie. You can tell by your post how much he was loved. His eyes were so expressive. He was beautiful. The 2nd picture of him trying to get his part of the couch is priceless and brought a :) to my face. God speed sweet Eddie.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest tricolorhounds

I'm so sorry for you loss :f_white What a wonderful retirement you gave to Eddie.

:gh_runRun Free Eddie :gh_run

I'm sure there is all the roast chicken you could ever want waiting for you at the bridge.

Guest GentleHugs

So sorry to hear about your loss.......

I can't help but smile though at the pic of him sitting on one of the hounds on the couch!

Think of the good times with Eddie and hold them near to your heart.

:bighug

Guest lotsahounds

My sincere sympathy on the loss of your special boy. I remember watching him race at Geneva Lakes about 10 years ago. Run free Eddie! :f_red

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

:grouphug What a sweet tribute to your handsome boy. I'm so sorry for your loss. My Dance (Bad Lavonda) is one of his many daughters, and a special part of my life.

Run free Eddie! :gh_run2