Celebrity Grey Owners?

Guest ShebaTheStar

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art Alexaciz (sp??) from the foo fighters has 5!

He does GREAT things for rescue too, donates lots of money, etc. I saw him on TV a while back espousing how wonderful they are. :)

J

Do you mean Art Alexakis? He's the lead for Everclear...I didn't know that he had any...

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

Guest Carla

Here is an article I found about Charlie (the Rolling Stones drummer) & Shirley Watts.

Charlie Watts was born in 1941, the son of a British Rail lorry driver. He studied graphic design at Harrow Art College, then took a job in a West End advertising agency. Around this time, he started playing the drums for local acts, including Alexis Korner, and the Rolling Stones.

He also met his future wife, Shirley - an art student and sculptress. They married, and had one daughter, Seraphina, born in 1968. Still very much together, Charlie and Shirley now live on their 16th-century stud farm in Devon, along with numerous horses and rescued greyhounds.

Carla

Edited by Carla

Does anyone else get the comic strip "Frazz" in their papers? Jef Mallett is the creator, and there's a character, Miss Plainwell, who has a retired racer named "Mario". (She's been depicted using a retractable leash on him...I emailed Mr. Mallett recently and asked him to switch to a regular lead...haven't heard back.)

Anyway...wondered if HE's adopted retired racers?

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Does anyone else get the comic strip "Frazz" in their papers? Jef Mallett is the creator, and there's a character, Miss Plainwell, who has a retired racer named "Mario". (She's been depicted using a retractable leash on him...I emailed Mr. Mallett recently and asked him to switch to a regular lead...haven't heard back.)

Anyway...wondered if HE's adopted retired racers?

He has (or had; she'd be really old now if she's still around) a female pup named Schuyler.

Guest Anita
woah - Vinnie Jones?!?! He's a nutter! If you don't remember/know him - he was banned from playing soccer for promoting violence in the game! Now he's an "actor".

Very appropriate that you put actor in parentheses. He has one character--a thug. That's it. Mind you, he's good at it, but where can you go once Guy Ritchie is done making films?

:rolleyes:

Guest WhippetMomma

I'm happy to see so many celebs who are adopting and also getting involved in Greyhound Rescue. There's a show called "Family Plots" on A&E and the owner of the mortuary - Rick - has Whippets. I know it's not really the same but it's close and it counts.... right??

I write commercials for 7 radio stations in Alberta and am in charge of the PSA file. PSA's are free announcements for non-profit organizations. Needless to say, Greyhound Rescue gets a fair bit of airtime! When we do Meet N Greets, we're known as the "Radio Dogs".

Kelly

aka "WhippetMomma"

Ron Gardenhire, head coach of the Minnesota Twins, owns Greyhounds and has recently endorsed the group we adopted through. Apparently they will be running a promo video for Northern Lights Greyhound Adoption on the Jumbotron during the games and running some radio spots. You can check out a couple of promo shots and listen to the radio ad at the site below. The link is in the lower right corner of the front page. http://www.nlga-mn.org

That's fantastic. I'm a diehard Twins fan living in Texas. Knowing that he is a greyhound guy just bumped him up a couple notches on my list of favorites. :colgate Also, the ad sounds great, and the picture of him with the three pups is fantastic!

I don't know if these people own greyhounds, but they are on the GALT website posing with greyhounds.

Craig Ludwig

former Dallas Stars (hockey)

Babe Laufenberg

former Dallas Cowboy (football)

Don Gay

8-Time World Champion Bull Rider

Ken Hitchcock

head coach of Philadelphia Flyers

-IAMs

Gwen (07/2003-11/2009),  * Maya (cancer , 06/2003-10/2013), *Ollie (cancer 07/2013 - 10/2018), *Azalea (cancer, 7/6/2015 - 5/20/2019), Ashe (cancer 04/2011 - 03/2020)

*Aztec (sister of Inca, 12/1996-08/2011), *Inca (half-Siamese kitty ,12/1996 - 9/2016)

Guest MidnightMama

We visited Tony Stewart's race car when it was on display locally last month. I thought he owned greyhounds, but when I googled Tony Stewart racing greyhounds, I came across an article saying that he had adopted out all of his racing greyhounds and was no longer a greyhound owner. Does anyone know if that is true?

Guest wisksmommy
We visited Tony Stewart's race car when it was on display locally last month. I thought he owned greyhounds, but when I googled Tony Stewart racing greyhounds, I came across an article saying that he had adopted out all of his racing greyhounds and was no longer a greyhound owner. Does anyone know if that is true?

An earlier post in this thread had a link to his site, but when I clicked on it, it said it was moved. ? My husband and I attend both Richmond races, and Tony's doctor parks his RV beside us very close to the track. We will see him when we go back in September, so I'll be sure to ask him. We have had several discussions about that, specifically because we have 2 greys.

• 4 months later...

You can add Jane Wiedlin from the Go-Go's to the list. She adopted from GAC back in August.

Jane with Geordie LaForge and Peanut the IG

JaneGeordiePeanut_001.jpg

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest aujulie
Daisy Doodle,

two years ago when the Talledega 500 (or what ever its called now) was getting ready to start, I went up to the track to pick up a few fosters. When I got up there to one of the kennels I was asked to pick up hounds from, there were several people loving on the hounds. We chatted for quite some time about hounds and such, then I loaded up the fosters to head back home. When I got done, the guy said that Joe was one of his favorites and to make sure he got a great home. He then went back in the kennel to talk to the trainer. On the way home I picked up Joe's papers... I had just spent an hour or so chatting with Tony Stewart. Nice guy in person. No clue who the others were. He still has hounds racing at our local track. OH - Joe did find a great home by the way, with a huge Tony Stewart fan. Happened ironically too, they were searching for an older black and white boy (husband wanted a male, wife wanted a black and white) and Joe just picked them out. When I took him over to do the home-check, I knew it was perfect when I saw all the NASCAR and TS memorabilia. When we were done with the home check and doing all the adoption stuff, and I was ready to leave, that's when I pulled out of Joe's file the blue slips for them to fill out through the NGA and told them they would have to write to TS to get it filled out. Last I heard from them, they got to meet TS since he wanted to see Joe again. Last I saw Joe, he had his TS bandana on and was the happiest hound in teh pet store!

Oh, his name escapes me... Steve ______ an AL congressman?? Asst. gov.??? anywho, he has a big white/red patched Grey boy, Scooby

The only name that comes to me is Steve Windom. He was Lt. Gov. a few years ago and now works as a lawyer in Mobile. Hmmm. I've met him a few times and that would be interesting if he had greys.

Great story by the way!

check out the new adopters on page 6

Wow it looks like that they maybe trent's 2nd Grey as he has one that I have seen in the past.

Here is a poster for one of his tours.

bc67ab7da71a2f85252ce7db4363ee4e.jpg

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Guest Che_mar_Cody

He's short though...and I'm not.

Oh...and I'm also married.

Just cause you are on a diet doesn't mean you cannot look at the MEN-U! LOL

Exactly - reading my thought - may we can get a bus from PA out there!

I don't know if these people own greyhounds, but they are on the GALT website posing with greyhounds.

Craig Ludwig

former Dallas Stars (hockey)

Babe Laufenberg

former Dallas Cowboy (football)

Don Gay

8-Time World Champion Bull Rider

Ken Hitchcock

head coach of Philadelphia Flyers

-IAMs

I spoke to a gal with GALT and she said that Craig doesn't own any he's just a big fan of Greyhounds and is a Honoray Chairman for them because he does a lot of events with GALT. As Far as the others I'm not sure as I can find out.

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Guest Digitaljl

Anyone know if a member from Blur has a greyhound? One of their album covers has racing greys. Maybe they just thought it was a cool cover :dunno

B000002TQB.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115760187_.jpg

This last Sunday in our paper there was a picture of Owen Wilson in one of the inserts and he was walking a greyhound, well it sure looked like a greyhound to me. It was a tux and stood facing the camera, sure looked like a greyhound. Maybe it was just used for the shot?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif