Celebrity Grey Owners?

Guest ShebaTheStar

The story I heard was that BP befriended this stray hound while filming a movie overseas, and brought it home with him when filming wrapped. Don't know if it's true, but who knows?

bradp.jpg

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Whippet

I think old blue eys, Frank Sinatra, is one. And there's a nice picture of Ty Pennington (from Trading Spaces and extreme Makeover - Home Edition) walking a greyhound... Is he his? dunno... But the two together though... Nice combination! ;)

Sophie.

Edited by Whippet

I think old blue eys, Frank Sinatra, is one. And there's a nice picture of Ty Pennington (from Trading Spaces and extreme Makeover - Home Edition) walking a greyhound... Is he his? dunno... But the two together though... Nice combination! ;)

Sophie.

The pic of Ty, that's a GT'er's pup, Floydieboy's, I think?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest CBDTherapyDogs

Daisy Doodle,

two years ago when the Talledega 500 (or what ever its called now) was getting ready to start, I went up to the track to pick up a few fosters. When I got up there to one of the kennels I was asked to pick up hounds from, there were several people loving on the hounds. We chatted for quite some time about hounds and such, then I loaded up the fosters to head back home. When I got done, the guy said that Joe was one of his favorites and to make sure he got a great home. He then went back in the kennel to talk to the trainer. On the way home I picked up Joe's papers... I had just spent an hour or so chatting with Tony Stewart. Nice guy in person. No clue who the others were. He still has hounds racing at our local track. OH - Joe did find a great home by the way, with a huge Tony Stewart fan. Happened ironically too, they were searching for an older black and white boy (husband wanted a male, wife wanted a black and white) and Joe just picked them out. When I took him over to do the home-check, I knew it was perfect when I saw all the NASCAR and TS memorabilia. When we were done with the home check and doing all the adoption stuff, and I was ready to leave, that's when I pulled out of Joe's file the blue slips for them to fill out through the NGA and told them they would have to write to TS to get it filled out. Last I heard from them, they got to meet TS since he wanted to see Joe again. Last I saw Joe, he had his TS bandana on and was the happiest hound in teh pet store!

Oh, his name escapes me... Steve ______ an AL congressman?? Asst. gov.??? anywho, he has a big white/red patched Grey boy, Scooby

Edited by CBDTherapyDogs

Guest guinness_the_greyt
Trent Reznor adopted form our group - GPA/OCGLA.

Maybe he'll show at the picnic this year!?!

I'm totally crashing your picnic then! :P

Guest DoofBert
He's short though...and I'm not.

Oh...and I'm also married.

Just cause you are on a diet doesn't mean you cannot look at the MEN-U! LOL

check out the new adopters on page 6

:dunno who is the name we are looking for??

I And there's a nice picture of Ty Pennington (from Trading Spaces and extreme Makeover - Home Edition) walking a greyhound... Is he his? dunno... But the two together though... Nice combination! ;)

Sophie.

That's Liddy, Janet's (Floydieboy) greyhound :lol Ty was kind of embarassed when she asked if she could take his picture...... with her dog :lol he was like YOUR DOG???? :huh uh.... O.K. I guess :lol

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Syflansyd

Ron Gardenhire, head coach of the Minnesota Twins owns Greyhounds and has recently endorsed the group we adopted through. Apparently they will be running a promo video for Northern Lights Greyhound Adoption on the Jumbotron during the games and running some radio spots.

You can check out a couple of promo shots and listen to the radio ad at the site below. The link is in the lower right corner of the front page.

www.nlga-mn.org/

Jeff

Trent Reznor adopted form our group - GPA/OCGLA.

Maybe he'll show at the picnic this year!?!

I'm totally crashing your picnic then! :P

me too!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest dave966

Here's the info. on Tony Stewart's Greys...

http://www.gra-america.org/owner.html

Abourt a decade ago, there was an organization called "Racers for Racers" which involved NASCAR folks involved in greyhound adoption. At the time Derricke (sp?) Cope had a couple of GHs and I think Danielle Frye (her married name, I don't recall her maiden name), who is now a NASCAR reporter, were both involved. Danielle used to be on the GH-L when she worked for the NASCAR front office in PR. I don't know if either of them still has greyhounds, nor if the organization still exists. Anyone know?

There are some folks who are involved in NASCAR trucks (I think as an owner or crew chief) who also own dogs that race. I don't recall names, but they are from Wisconsin and were involved w a championship team a couple of years ago. I think they are the folks who helped Tony buy his dogs.

If anyone handles any of Tony Stewarts dogs, I'd love to hear if they are being graded off. I think there is even one named Zippy--after his crew chief. Any GT'ers got one of Smoke's dogs?

And, no, I'm not into NASCAR, not even a little, :lol

Donna

NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart, owns racing greyhounds and also places them for adoption when they are done racing.

Joanne

I am a big Tony Stewart race fan, and even a bigger fan now I know he has greys!

Guest Murphys_Mom

Well - in PA we have a famous greyhound owner (at least to us Flyer fans!!!)...

Gary Doernhoefer is an ex-Philadelphia Flyers hockey player and is now one of the TV commentators for the Flyers. He's got quite a few greyhounds and is a big supporter of greyhound adoption. Actually, we have him to thank for our boy, Murphy, because I first discovered greyhounds when he brought his pups to a meet-n-greet at a Flyers game! He works with NGAP.

This link has some pics of the pups at the game...

NGAP Pics

Guest billys_mum
Annette Crosbie (Scottish actress) is a great champion of greyhounds and owns more than one.

Annette Crosbie has 4 not so long ago

Yep - I think we all saw Calendar Girls for the greys!! (And I really liked the movie too!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest UGAKarlandBrook

woah - Vinnie Jones?!?! He's a nutter! If you don't remember/know him - he was banned from playing soccer for promoting violence in the game! Now he's an "actor".

The late Roger Carras had Greys. They were shown on the Breed All About It episode on Westies.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest billys_mum

Annette Crosbie (Scottish actress) is a great champion of greyhounds and owns more than one.

Annette Crosbie has 4 not so long ago

She also insisted that they appear in Calendar Girls with her.

The greyhound that appeared in calendar girls wasn't actually Annette Crosbie's dog when that was filmed she had a brindle boy, a blue and white girl, a fawn girl and a black girl.

I used to work where she boarded her dogs.

Doesn't Nicholas Cage have one?

I thought I heard he already gave them up :(

Yes, he did.

GAC adopted a couple of greyhounds to Jack Jones (he sang The Love Boat theme song) quite a few years ago.

Interesting thing about Bo Derek & greyhounds......not too long ago there were a couple of pictures for sale on ebay of Bo Derek (nude) and a greyhound running on the beach. The greyhound looked like an AKC greyhound. I always thought she would have had ex-racers, but now I'm wondering if she had AKC greys.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Benjys_mum_Lisa

Matt Groening

hence Sant's Little Helper on the SImpsons... ;)

Thats what my hubby said when we were bring our baby home from the shelter :lol