Celebrity Grey Owners?

Guest ShebaTheStar

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kipsmom

Cleopatra, Queen Elizabeth and Bo Derek :lol but I imagine that's not what you meant! :hehe

Also, can't forget George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt and General Custer. I did a speech about greyhounds my sr. year in college. That's all that I can remember. :)

Sorry I'm not more help!

Guest ShebaTheStar

I've seen a photo on the Internet with a celebrity who has recently adopted a Grey, but can't recall who that was. Brad Pitt? It was someone really well-known. I'm trying to recall who that was...

Neko Case and Trent Reznor are recent adopters.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest TankDiveGirl

Art Alexaciz (sp??) from the foo fighters has 5!

He does GREAT things for rescue too, donates lots of money, etc. I saw him on TV a while back espousing how wonderful they are. :)

J

Doesn't Nicholas Cage have one?

I thought I heard he already gave them up :(

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest SquanHound

As per Greyhound Adoption of Greater Cincinnati:

Pharoah Tuntankhamen

Pharoah Amenhotep II

Alexander the Great

Merv Griffin

Frederick the Great

Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis

Elizabeth I

Jerry Lewis

James II of England

Dean Martin

Louis XV of France

Leonard Nimoy

General Von Stuben

Jack Palance

Babe Ruth

Frank Sinatra

Al Capone

Ed Sullivan

Bo Derek

Danny Thomas

Jackie Gleason

Betty White

Quite an interesting list if you ask me....

Guest KatieGrey

I seem to recall a People magazine article a few years ago that featured an SNL comedian. One of the pictures showed him and his greyhound and his family. I want to say it was Daryl Hammond, but I'm not sure, anyone know?

Guest jshell

Here's a picture of Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails). He's had at least one whippet in the past (can be seen in the "Perfect Drug" video).

3_04_06.jpg

Guest KyGrey

I'm drawing a blank but the guy on The Price is Right has greys and also helps get them adopted.

Bob Barker

Thank you! I couldn't think of his name for anything. :lol

Guest Shermanator
NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart, owns racing greyhounds and also places them for adoption when they are done racing.

Joanne

I am a big Tony Stewart race fan, and even a bigger fan now I know he has greys!

Abourt a decade ago, there was an organization called "Racers for Racers" which involved NASCAR folks involved in greyhound adoption. At the time Derricke (sp?) Cope had a couple of GHs and I think Danielle Frye (her married name, I don't recall her maiden name), who is now a NASCAR reporter, were both involved. Danielle used to be on the GH-L when she worked for the NASCAR front office in PR. I don't know if either of them still has greyhounds, nor if the organization still exists. Anyone know?

There are some folks who are involved in NASCAR trucks (I think as an owner or crew chief) who also own dogs that race. I don't recall names, but they are from Wisconsin and were involved w a championship team a couple of years ago. I think they are the folks who helped Tony buy his dogs.

If anyone handles any of Tony Stewarts dogs, I'd love to hear if they are being graded off. I think there is even one named Zippy--after his crew chief. Any GT'ers got one of Smoke's dogs?

And, no, I'm not into NASCAR, not even a little, :lol

Donna

NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart, owns racing greyhounds and also places them for adoption when they are done racing.

Joanne

I am a big Tony Stewart race fan, and even a bigger fan now I know he has greys!

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04