Miss Nellie

greytdecals

Guest Machbragal

We love you so, Miss Nellie. You have captured our hearts and elevated our souls to a place we could not go without your help. You are so loved, and will always be. We keep you in our hearts, forever. Although we had to let you go, you know that we will always belong to you. Our light forever, sweet Nellie.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't read the rest of the messages or I'll lose it. I just wanted to let you know that my fond tears are with you. They're sad for you and us through you for losing the Marvelous Miss Nellie, but they're happy also for Miss Nellie herself. She's free to be herself again, and I just know she's waiting for you at the Bridge with every loved pet we've ever known. I'll bet she's running right now with that wonderful smile she wears... and her Doggles.

Hugs and love coming to you.

Guest vtgreys

Run free with the wind Miss Nellie!

I so didn't want to see your name in this topic. It took me a few days to be able to post here. What a wonderful, overwhelming group of fans you have!

Give Benny a smooch from me - it's his birthday today!

Guest frosti220

I started crying at post #1...had it under control by page 7...and started again at page 10...

Now I'm just thinking back of all the inspiring and adorable pictures I've seen of Miss Nellie...and I just can't help but smile and be awed by how special this little girl is. Her fight against osteo has given all of us hope that one day it will be beaten and motivation to keep trying.

I'm so very sorry for your (and our) loss, Suzie and Brian...

Hugs,

Joy

Guest realboo

Oh Miss Nellie - you are so loved! Thank you for giving her such a wonderful, loving home. I'm sure she's watching you from above, trying to bring some peace to your breaking hearts.

Guest Nutmeg1

I am so sorry. Miss Nellie was such an inspiration to us, even though we did not meet her. We feel your loss.

Run free Miss Nellie!

Suzie & Brian,

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post. I'm sitting in a villa (B&B) in Nice, France reading this thread. I tried to read the thread last night and the network was shut down for the night before I got to post...........

I am SO very sorry that Miss Nellie is gone!!! We all love our hounds, but she and you and your photos of her are/were just so special, you have all just touched my heart. Thank you for sharing this hard journey with all of us, so that we will each know better how to deal, should we ever have to follow the same path.

:f_pink

Donna

PS Please tell Brian I will hug my hounds long and hard as soon as I get back to the States.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest greyhound_bug

Oh Suzie!! :grouphug:weep As soon as I saw your post, I started to shake and tears started to fall. I can't even begin to imagine how you and Brian must be feeling.

I know that nothing that I can say can make the pain hurt any less. You and Miss Nellie have been such an inspiration to so many of us and Miss Nellie touched so many lives and she will NEVER be forgotten. She left footprints on so many hearts, you'll never know how many lives that she touched :wub: . I know that I didn't know Miss Nellie but I feel like I know her just from following her story and through talking with you. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Godspeed Miss Nellie! Run pain free sweet girl.

Although I haven't posted, I have closely watched all the threads and updates about Miss Nellie and wish I had something profound or helpful to say, but I don't, I do however have a hug for you :grouphug and want you to know that your girly touched so many people all over the world, she will be remembered, and we will see her later.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

I have not been on GT for a few days. I am deeply sorry that you had to help Miss Nellie pass. You did all you did all you could. I hope with time you will smile and remember her in better times.

:f_red:grouphug

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

It has been a few days and Im sure Miss Nellie is running around rainbow bridge like a wild woman. Saying hello to all our bridge angels.

I m so sorry for your loss, Miss Nellie has been quite the inspiration around here and it is due to the suport and love you two gave her

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest Jessbooch

Oh Suzie, I'm so sorry.

I looked at Greytalk twenty times today before my brain was able to compute what it meant, seeing the lovely Miss Nellie's name in remembrance...I just didn't want to believe it.

No hound could ever have had a better, more loving, more involved, more supportive family with whom to share every day of her life. May memories of all her days with you bring peace in a difficult time.

:cry1 I am so sorry :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch