Miss Nellie

greytdecals

Guest Baloos_Mom

:cry1 There really is nothing to say ....but I will say that even without getting the chance to meet Miss Nellie I could tell what a special girl she was. I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling now. I got a sick feeling in my stomach and the tears began to flow as soon as I saw her name and I never even met her. That is some serious impact. Thank you for sharing her with us. :f_red

Sweet Nellie. Run free little lady and know you are loved. :gh_run

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Susan...I rarely peek in this section since it makes me cry but I just saw the header so I checked to see if it was your Nellie. I am so sorry she is gone but you will always have part of her with you in your heart. You gave her a wonderful life.

Hugs to you both. Farewell Miss Nellie

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire

Guest how888

Suzi and Brian, I can't express how my heart is breaking for you right now. You and Miss Nellie have touched so many of us on this site and brought so much awareness to her cause. Just believe that 'Somwhere Over The Rainbow" she is waiting for that one last meet n greet with both of you. Her memories will touch us all for such a long long time. She was an angel on earth and is now a bright and shining star. Godspeed Ms.Nellie. May all of your beautiful memories comfort you in time. There is such a circle of love on this site I can even feel the energy of emotion. . :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:paw She has left paw prints on all of our hearts... Linda

Edited by how888

Guest PeteysMom

Suzie & Brian, I am so sorry to hear of Miss Nellie's passing. I feel like I knew her through your posts. I cannot imagine the pain that you are feeling now and I don't have the words to express the pain that I am feeling also. You gave her the best of chances, but this darned disease just keeps on going. You did, however, give her the greatest gift by letting her go. I'm sure that she is at the bridge, surrounded by many friends, whole and happily running amok!! Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Guest twogreytgreys

I am so sorry...Miss Nellie was one of my favorite greys of all time.

:f_red:gh_run:heart:paw:gh_face:paw:heart:gh_run:f_red

Edited by twogreytgreys

I feel so horribly sad, yet I am so grateful that I got to meet Miss Nellie when she was still spunky and happy.

I am so so so sorry.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Guest TilliesMom

My heart is aching for you. And I pray some day there will be a cure for osteo. May Miss Nellie be running pain free at the bridge. I will be lighting a candle in her honor. I also will be checking the heavens for a new bright and shining star.

Sending warm hugs out to you.

Guest Keelyoue
:cry1 Miss Nellie is truly one of the greatest spirits I have EVER encountered. She has such a special place in my heart. It is only right that my 1,000th post honors such a brave, brave girl. We all know she didn't surrender to cancer, but freed her soul to do even greater good than her physical body would allow. i have never been so heartbroken over a creature I had never physically met. We love you Miss Nellie, and I'm so sorry we couldn't save you. We'll see you at the bridge, doggles and all! Run free sweet baby girl. Our lives will never be the same. This board will never be same either. :grouphug

Guest BlessedByGreys

Miss Nellie,

Your strength and courage has helped many of us and our greys though some very tough times.

Run free and please tell Callie how much I miss her and love her.

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

Guest deanna

:cry1

i don't even know you, but i feel like i've gotten to know you and miss nellie by reading her amazing stories over the last few months. i'm so sorry.

:f_white

Guest NelliesDad

Wow. I'm overwhelmed at the response we've gotten from all of you! I registered with Greytalk just about 10 minutes ago just to thank you all! This may very well be the only post I ever make here, but Suzie keeps me posted on all of the, uhm, posts. She was telling me about all of the responses to this thread and, although I was crying by the end of page 1, I managed to get through all 10 pages.

From the very beginning (Nov. 7th), all of you have been very supportive of Nellie's struggle. I've been amazed at the turn out for her: anonymous gifts showing up at the house (from treats to coats to blankets and more!); visits to the house (hi Trish!); get well cards; and lots of love and prayers. This is really a wonderful community.

Nellie was (is) special. She touched us deeper than we ever thought possible. We've both had pets all our lives, but Nellie was so much more than a "pet", more than just a "dog". She had more personality than most people I know and always had love to share. She was different. She was our Miss Nellie. Letting her go was the hardest thing I've ever done. They're never here long enough, so go hug your furkids. Do it, right now. Go on, it's okay, I'll wait...

For all of you who followed us on Nellie's roller-coaster ride that is Osteo, I want to leave you with a great big THANK YOU for your support, love and best wishes through it all. She knew you were out there and it gave her (and us) the courage and strength to go on.

She's moved on to her last Forever Home now, to a final retirement without all of the aches and pains of this world. And, if I've done this right, you should see an image of just how seriously Nellie takes her retirement. Belly rubs for everyone!

post-11294-1144644953.gif

Guest how888
:grouphug Nellie's Dad, that was so special. Thank you and know we are all thinking and praying for you and Suzi. You have no idea how Ms. Nellie has touched us all in some way. She had that special charismatic spirit to her.I'm so glad you showed that Pic of her retiring in her forever home.Just think her spirit has encircled the world with love on this site. :f_pink:f_pink

Guest princessmommy

We are so sorry for your loss. Miss Nellie will be watching over you always with all the love you gave her. We are praying for you!

:f_pink

Although I've never met Miss Nellie in person, I met her through all her pictures.

Edited by kickchick2000

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest Sportingfields

:f_pink

Sending our deepest condolences to your family. The Greyhounds touch us in such a special way, some day you will meet again in another time & place.

Tails hanging low

Christel, Larrie & the girls

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I have enjoyed all the stories and pictures of your beautiful Miss Nellie. I know how very hard this is for you.

God bless you all in this sad time.

I am so, so sorry......unfortunately I know how hard this is and my heart hurts for you both. :candle

THE SPIRIT OF A GREYHOUND

I was standing on a hillside

In a field of blowing wheat,

And the spirit of a Greyhound

Was lying at my feet.

She looked at me with kind dark eyes,

Ancient wisdom shining through.

In the essence of her being,

I saw the love there too.

Her mind did lock upon my heart

As I stood there on that day,

And she told me of this story

About a place so far away.

As I stood upon that hillside

In a field of blowing wheat,

In a twinkling of a second

Her spirit left my feet.

Her tale did put my heart at ease,

All my fears did fade away

About what lay ahead of me

On another distant day.

"I live among God's creatures now

In the heavens of your mind,

So do not grieve for me, my friend

As I am with my kind.

My collar is a rainbow's hue,

My leash is a shooting star.

My boundaries are the Milky Way

Where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here

For I am not confined,

But I'm free to roam God's heavens

Among the Greyhound kind.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud

Gentle breezes rocking me,

And dream the dreams of earthlings,

And how it used to be.

The trees are full of liver treats,

And tennis balls abound,

And milkbones line the walkways

Just waiting to be found.

There even is a ring set up,

The grass all lush and green;

And everyone who gaits around

Becomes the Best of breed.

For we're all winners in this place;

We have no faults, you see.

And God passes out those ribbons

To each one, even me.

I drink from waters laced with gold,

My world a beauty to behold;

And wise old dogs do form my pride

To amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in angel's arms,

Her wings protecting me,

And moonbeams dance about us

As stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent

And you stand at Heaven's gate,

Have no fear of loneliness--

For here, you know, I wait.

Author unknown

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg